Anybody know some good spots around the fort to Fish?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to be at the fort this August, fishing of course between park visits.  I will gladly offer up my fly fishing knowledge to anyone who wants to try something new.  Young or old can do it.  My

GUIDED FISHING EXCURSIONSas posted on Fort Fiends .net Daily fishing excursions generally leave the marina at 7am, 10am and 1:30pm, but check the current schedule when you arrive for exact days/times.

Wow Lou, that's some serious insight you offered there.  I wanted to fish the moat but security turned me back.  The pricing was already listed by another user.  As far a cost goes people routinely pa

Fishing trip?

GUIDED FISHING EXCURSIONSas posted on Fort Fiends .net

Daily fishing excursions generally leave the marina at 7am, 10am and 1:30pm, but check the current schedule when you arrive for exact days/times. Excursions are 2 hours long and limited to 5 guests.

Excursions include a professional guide, beverages (non-alcoholic), fishing gear and a dozen shiners. Bay Lake is known for large-mouth bass.

Most excursions are on pontoon boats, accommodating up to 5 people. Nitro Bass Boats (2 guests) are available for more experienced fishermen (no live bait).

COST:as posted on Fort Fiends .net

7am or 10am Excursion Departure

2 hrs = $270

4 hrs = $455

Afternoon Excursion Departure

2 hrs = $235

NOTES:as posted on Fort Fiends .net

• Arrive approx. 10-15 minutes prior to departure
  • Guests are not allowed to bring their own food, beverage, or coolers.
  • Children under age 12 must wear a Personal Flotation Device. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

Reservations are required – call 407-WDW-BASS

Credit card or resort ID required at time of reservation. You will not be charged until after your excursion.

CANCELLATIONS:as posted on Fort Fiends .net

24 hour notice required. Guests who do not show up or cancel at least 24 hours prior will be charged full cost of the excursion.

• 2 months later...

The beach just outside of the equipment rental barn.  Cast member came over and showed us the secret.  Tiny hooks, tiny pieces of hot dogs and you will get some fish.  They will be small, but it keeps the kids interested.  Just don't plan on fishing yourself because they are quick and bait stealers.

It looks like they anchored a fish feeder in that area recently.

Years ago my son hooked a decent sized bass down at the flood gate on the lake side using a lure.  We have never duplicated that catch.

Canal behind the 1800 loop looks promising, but it had a lot of overgrown weeds and brush.  What was odd is that the opposite shoreline is clear down to the waters edge.  Maybe they don't trim the campground side to discourage fishing there?

We were walking across the meadow bridge (back side one) and saw a lot of ripples in the canal there.  Looked promising.

Everything I've heard from cast members is hot dogs are the bait of choice.

Fishing at the fort is a crap shoot, I have cough a load of fish including some huge catfish off the dock behind the meadows. It is a lot better catching in the cooler months. Hotdogs work the best but they are also the worst to keep on the line, whenever I get to the fort I get anyone I can to join me for a GAG, then I keep whatever skin I can for fishing. The chicken skin is easy to keep on the hook and the fish like the breading.

In the fishing thread you can (I think) see some pictures from people whom have cough fish like the ones Dave put in this thread.

The last time I had a real good day fishing down at the dock was when the feeder (that has been there at least 10 yrs) was broke.

Oh OH and watch for the alligator under the dock, I WOULD NOT put my arm down in the water from the dock.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I fish any free time I have when at the fort.  I have caught lg mouth bass and brim (panfish up north) in lake, canal behind 300 and canal from cart entrance to meadows pool.  More bass than brim.  It kind of surprised me that last August I caught more bass from say 3-5pm than if I went out when it was cooler at 6am or 6pm.  Not what I expected but how it worked out.  all my stuff was topwater frogs and poppers/plugs.  I only fly fish for bass, what a fun time catching a 6lber on a the fly.  We did book a few fishing trip and they were worth the money.  There were five of us, two adults and three kids, first am trip everyone caught fish, including a 5.5lb lg mouth, 10lb catfish and slew of smaller bass.  Kids enjoyed it because it was only 2hrs and you got to fish in the shadow of the castle with Disney music and sounds in the background.  I took a afternoon trip alone and scored over 17 lg mouth weighing in between 2.5-3.5 lbs.  Not monsters but constant action that afternoon, really fun.  As far as price goes there is usually a 20% off coupon floating around somewhere which made the price reasonable when factoring the fact that the guide will attend to the kiddos, thus freeing me and dw up to fish.

We did book a few fishing trip and they were worth the money. 

For those thinking they might want to do it and want to know the cost, it's $235 or $270, minus any discount.

Kids enjoyed it because it was only 2hrs and you got to fish in the shadow of the castle with Disney music and sounds in the background. 

Where the heck were you fishing, in the moat around the castle.

I took a afternoon trip alone and scored over 17 lg mouth weighing in between 2.5-3.5 lbs. 

Alone, that's some pricy fishing even though you get a one guest reduced price.

Wow Lou, that's some serious insight you offered there.  I wanted to fish the moat but security turned me back.  The pricing was already listed by another user.  As far a cost goes people routinely pay that amount plus some for dinner in the parks and that lasts about the same time.  All perspective.  Don't be a hater.  Good luck going for that 12,000 post this month.

Wow Lou, that's some serious insight you offered there.  I wanted to fish the moat but security turned me back.  The pricing was already listed by another user.  As far a cost goes people routinely pay that amount plus some for dinner in the parks and that lasts about the same time.  All perspective.  Don't be a hater.  Good luck going for that 12,000 post this month.

Frank is going to fit in well around here. 

...I wanted to fish the moat but security turned me back.

Well that's not very magical of them.  :rofl2:

I'm surprised they haven't come up the "Fish with Ariel's Friends" experience.

For $299 per person, you get a stick, some string with a hook, a can of corn and a special pass that allows you to climb over the railing and throw your line in the moat while sitting next to a new Flounder topiary (currently under construction).  The moat will be stocked with sparkly goldfish with long eyelashes that are trained to blow you a kiss when you take the hook out.  Catch and release only, of course.

Wow Lou, that's some serious insight you offered there. 

Thanks, I do what I can.

The pricing was already listed by another user. 

As much as I find fishing  threads interesting, I have to confess that I didn't start at the beginning.

As far a cost goes people routinely pay that amount plus some for dinner in the parks and that lasts about the same time.

At least you were able to eat what you caught.

Don't be a hater. 

Me, a hater? Hold on, I have to yell at some kids that just ran across my lawn.

Good luck going for that 12,000 post this month.

Now you're just trying to butter me up.

Frank is going to fit in well around here. 

Hey missy, just remember this. Biergarten, 50% off.

How do you like me now?

I'm surprised they haven't come up the "Fish with Ariel's Friends" experience.

It sounds better than the mermaid ride.