Anybody know some good spots around the fort to Fish?

I like this plan too. except for the hire part. That would cost me money. Anyone want to be a guide for beer? I would offer 1 but dealing with SIl i should make it at least a 6 pack.

You can have Brian. Pay him in soda and Sil can't be any more frustrating than me, so he is already used to it

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to be at the fort this August, fishing of course between park visits.  I will gladly offer up my fly fishing knowledge to anyone who wants to try something new.  Young or old can do it.  My

GUIDED FISHING EXCURSIONSas posted on Fort Fiends .net Daily fishing excursions generally leave the marina at 7am, 10am and 1:30pm, but check the current schedule when you arrive for exact days/times.

Wow Lou, that's some serious insight you offered there.  I wanted to fish the moat but security turned me back.  The pricing was already listed by another user.  As far a cost goes people routinely pa

Jason, I will try to remember to bring a fishing pole for Sil to give it a try, I am sure my boys have a extra one we can bring along, of course TCD could also bring one of his girls Tink fishing pole ( I think that's what they were) and maybe Sil would be more comfortable with that type, got rid of kiddie poles a long time ago.

a6aqujus.jpg

We ate lunch here today, beside running water on the 300 loop, and I was thinking if ever there was a day to go fishing, this would be a lovely spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont mind the fishing part. I have issues with touching things that are or look slimy ... despite what she says when and if we catch a fish she is not going to touch it to remove it and throw it back. 

I love to fish.  I would gladly do so at the fort if someone would remove my fish and throw it back.  Fish look slimy, and I'm sure they feel that way too.

My father started teaching me to cast when I was five.  And spinners hadn't been invented then.  He had me hitting a bucket with the weight.  And he kept moving the bucket farther out.  

Many years ago I bought David a saltwater rod and reel for Christmas.  We went to Ocean Lakes at Myrtle Beach in the spring with my parents.  David was trying to cast out ... Dad was sitting in a chair watching ... David complained that the surf was too rough and he couldn't cast far enough ... I picked up his rod/reel ... let me see what I can do ... I cast out many yards farther than him ... Dad was doubling up in his chair laughing ... that's one of my fondest memories of Dad.  He taught me well.  He just didn't teach me to touch fish!

a6aqujus.jpg We ate lunch here today, beside running water on the 300 loop, and I was thinking if ever there was a day to go fishing, this would be a lovely spot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorite spots!  Usually this is where I take Brady for a walk in the morning.  :)

I love to fish.  I would gladly do so at the fort if someone would remove my fish and throw it back.  Fish look slimy, and I'm sure they feel that way too.

My father started teaching me to cast when I was five.  And spinners hadn't been invented then.  He had me hitting a bucket with the weight.  And he kept moving the bucket farther out.  

Many years ago I bought David a saltwater rod and reel for Christmas.  We went to Ocean Lakes at Myrtle Beach in the spring with my parents.  David was trying to cast out ... Dad was sitting in a chair watching ... David complained that the surf was too rough and he couldn't cast far enough ... I picked up his rod/reel ... let me see what I can do ... I cast out many yards farther than him ... Dad was doubling up in his chair laughing ... that's one of my fondest memories of Dad.  He taught me well.  He just didn't teach me to touch fish!

Great memory! 

I am going to be at the fort this August, fishing of course between park visits.  I will gladly offer up my fly fishing knowledge to anyone who wants to try something new.  Young or old can do it.  My 4yr old was catching crappie (calico bass) on the fly just the other night.  I always have extra rods and plenty of flies. Furthermore, if done correct 90% of fish can be released without touching them (for you fish squimish folks out there)  I fish that area (behind loop 300) all the time, just walk up and say hi.

I am going to be at the fort this August, fishing of course between park visits.  I will gladly offer up my fly fishing knowledge to anyone who wants to try something new. 

Nice of you to offer, Frank.

Because of the high temps and higher crowd levels, I'm not sure how many Fiends will be there when you are, but I will be.