bibiddi bobbidi boutique

is this worth it? we have ressies at cinderella's castle for breakfast during our stay. Is it worth the $$ for the hair/makeup/nails package? We will bring our own dress for DD. She is 6 and into hair, makeup, and mani/pedi when I let her. is this worth the money or would I be better off treating her to a spa day somewhere else? thanks

I know this isn't the same but we did pirates league for my son and it was totally worth it! He loved every single part of it and wouldn't let me wash his face paint off that night (like full blown freak out so I said forget it!). He wore his costume for most of the trip and loved the attention he got. So I would say, yes BBB would be worth it based on my son's experience with the pirates league.

Since you are bringing her dress, you might consider getting her hair done at the Magic Kingdom Harmony Barber Shop. 

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/wdwparks/harmonybarbershop.shtml

Sample Pricing:

• Adult Haircut - $19
  • Child Haircut with Pixie Dust (age 12 & under) - $15
  • Baby's First Haircut with certificate & Mickey Ear hat (under 1 year) - $19
  • Styled with Sparkling Pixie Dust - $5
  • Beard or "Moustache" Trim - $10

Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily; last haircut taken at 4:30 p.m.

MouseForLess Tips:

Mickey_Ears_sm.jpgHave your camera ready! These haircuts make great photos for your scrapbook or memory book, especially "Baby's First Haircut". The barber will even give you a snippet of baby's hair wrapped in tissue to take with you.

Mickey_Ears_sm.jpgBe sure to arrive with clean hair. All services are performed on dry hair as no shampoo bowls are available.

Mickey_Ears_sm.jpgTake a look around. There's a lot to see, like the pot-bellied stove, antique cash register, and "Who's Next" board where you'll find the names of some pretty impressive characters.

Mickey_Ears_sm.jpgAdults, be adventurous! Try some blue hair gel. This is Disney World after all!

Mickey_Ears_sm.jpg Alternatively, little girls (and even older ones), may be interested in a more exotic hair treatment while visiting Walt Disney World. Hair wrap stands are located poolside at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans, as well as on the Boardwalk, at Downtown Disney and at Animal Kingdom park. Cost is $2.00 per inch of wrap, plus the cost of beads and tip. The typical cost for a shoulder-length hair wrap is about $25. Reservations are not required and stands generally operate between 11 a.m to 5.p.m.

Mickey_Ears_sm.jpgWant a more extensive magical makeover? Stop by the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, where little girls and boys can get the ultimate Disney Princess or Knight makeover or the Pirate League to be transformed into one of Captain Jack’s motley crew.

Totally worth it IMO!  DD was older when she went (10) so we just did the hair/nails/makeup.  She loved all of the attention.  She ended up with two fairy godmothers in training, because her hair is super long and it took the first one a long time to get it done, so another stepped in to do the nails and makeup.  I won't tell you how long I let her leave her hair up...an embarrassingly long time, LOL!  There seemed to be a dedicated photopass photographer for every 2 kids, so if you do photopass, you'll get tons of photos; or you can take a bajillion yourself, like I did.  The BBB is one of our favorite memories from those years :)

• 4 weeks later...

Did BBB last trip with our 5 year old DD and she loved it. Doing it again this trip as a surprise for our last day at Disney with CRT reservations that night. She has no idea it is happening and I can't wait to see how she reacts when we get there. We purchased dresses and are bringing them with us. (she picked two) she can decide when we get there. Best thing as a graduation gift she got DISNEY CARDS with enough to cover her BBB plus a few extras. It is well worth the money when you see the magic.

We've done both the Barber Shop and BBB.  The Barber shop is great for dad, boys or the first time hair cut. I'll be honest, I cried b/c the barber cut too much off my DD's hair and I thought she looked more like a boy. I was aiming for a 'trim' for the experience of having the first hair cut at Disney.  I did not do this for my second DD.  Yes, the certificate and ears are cute and all, and have sweet pictures of the whole thing, but  maybe it was just the stylist we had.  There are no reservations and it is first come first serve. Must get there early otherwise, plan on waiting.  

As far as the BBB, I did do the whole kit and kaboodle with both my girls.  Yes, you can save by already having the dress and accessories and we'll do this the next time.  I would have $60ish dollars ready  for the hair and nail package, not including any accessories that she decides on.  Because no hair is being cut, the Fairy Godmother in Training is not licensed as a cosmetologist.  

BTW, the FG-in-T we had said that some mamas have also had their hair done to coordinate with the girls.  It's not limited to just lil ones!

• 3 months later...

You can make reservations at the Barber Shop.

And there is an age limit on BBB, I want to say 12?

Yes, previous post is correct, you can make reservations for the barber shop.  We took our son there last year, on his 1st birthday, for his 1st haircut.  Wonderful experience and (actually) a decent value!   Our daughter is almost 7 and we haven't done the BBB yet, simply because it is so expensive.  Having said that, I've asked several mommies at the park (whose daughters had obviously been there) if they were happy with the experience...and they've all said yes.

Have fun!

BBB is so worth it. My DD has done it three times. Once we bought the whole package and twice brought her own dress. She was just as happy bringing her own dress and accessories.

Your DD will love all the attention she will get during and especially after her session. We have literally been asked by tourists if they could take pictures with her.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be bringing my DD4 on Christmas Day,  She will then be going to CRT immediately afterwards.  We are doing the Nails and Hair, will be bringing her own dress.

She is constantly putting on lipstick(chapstick) and doing her nails.  I hope she has a blast because I can not wait to see the smile on her face.

We will be bringing my DD4 on Christmas Day, She will then be going to CRT immediately afterwards. We are doing the Nails and Hair, will be bringing her own dress.

She is constantly putting on lipstick(chapstick) and doing her nails. I hope she has a blast because I can not wait to see the smile on her face.

I one thing I can promise you is that she is going to have a blast.

Just make sure your camera is fully charged and memory card is blank. Because your going to be taking tons of pix. And don't forget to share them.

I just took my granddaughter on Halloween. She enjoyed the experience, but did not care for her hair being up so tight and stiff! She's girly, girly but also a tad of a tom boy! She had her Mama take it out the next morning.

484753_10201633881743744_1835821605_n.jp

578476_10201633876623616_537478707_n.jpg

My oldest granddaughter is girly, girly all the way and did everything she could to preserve her "princess" look! We took her about 4 or 5 years ago when it was fairly new.

3076_1082373351049_7269008_n.jpg

I brought dresses from home for the girls and they did not mind one bit.