• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

There are definitely some issues here and there with the site. Everyone in our group shows up with their AP with detailed info. Mine shows up as "ticket." I added Linda last weekend and hers even shows up. My affiliations do not list me as an AP holder or even a Florida Resident, but everyone elses does. :(

I called today, they said they fixed it...nope still seeing "ticket." I do have fast passes scheduled though.

There are also stations setup in the parks where you can schedule FP+. I saw the first one tonight.

My friends I'm with got MB's this trip and don't like them. "Can I take this off yet" was the common reaction - and they're big WDW fans. I just used my AP and it worked fine.

I think our spreadsheet folks will love MDE. You can even schedule in times for things like the Jammitors, the Dapper Dans etc. They even have things that happen at some of the resorts like the GF orchestra that you can put on your itinerary. 

I liked being able to schedule FP for some of those rides that you have to rush to get there early for, but I didn't  like having to think about where I was going and what I was gonna do while I was there. We have gotten used to just winging it. I am looking forward to seeing how easy it will be to change them on the fly because I am sure we will be making some changes.

Gwen, where did you find the place to order magic bands on the experience site?

Also, does anyone know how to add people to your reservation? Mine was made with just me on it and I don't see how to add others.

On the right-hand side of the home page is the option to "Personalize Magic Bands."

I think our spreadsheet folks will love MDE. You can even schedule in times for things like the Jammitors, the Dapper Dans etc. They even have things that happen at some of the resorts like the GF orchestra that you can put on your itinerary. 

I liked being able to schedule FP for some of those rides that you have to rush to get there early for, but I didn't  like having to think about where I was going and what I was gonna do while I was there. We have gotten used to just winging it. I am looking forward to seeing how easy it will be to change them on the fly because I am sure we will be making some changes.

My friend Joyce was at WDW last week.  She set up her Fastpasses before leaving home.  I asked her how easy it was to make changes and she said it was very easy using the MDE iPhone app.   She said she probably changed them 10 times.  She had HS scheduled for Wednesday and decided the night before to go to Epcot instead.  She was able to change all of the Fastpasses.   She said it was not difficult to learn how the app works and what you can/can't do with it... it just took a bit of patience.  One think she didn't like about the app was its flow.  ex:  If you get part way through one process and decide that's not what you want to do, there isn't a cancel button.  You have to back, back, back, back.  If you finish making a change to one Fastpass, it doesn't take you back to the Fastpass list, it takes you back to the main page.  She hopes these are things that Disney will improve as the MDE app matures. 

...She hopes these are things that Disney will improve as the MDE app matures. 

I hope so, but Disney's track record for rolling out websites and apps that are intuitive and easy to navigate isn't very good.  They tend to get it right eventually, but sometimes it takes a good long while.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/09/30/mymagic-magicband-roll-dates-walt-disney-world-resorts/

"Beginning today MyMagic+ is officially rolling out in waves across Walt Disney World Resorts. All guests checking in to resorts on or after the dates listed below will receive MagicBands and have access to the FASTPASS+ System.

For arrivals on or after:

September 30, 2013: Bay Lake Tower, Kidani Village, Port Orleans French Quarter, Grand Floridian, and All Star Movies.

October 7, 2013: All Star Sports, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, and Caribbean Beach Resort.

October 14, 2013: All Star Music, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

October 21, 2013: Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and Saratoga Springs.

October 23, 2013: Grand Floridan Villas.

Not sure what that means for me?  I check in 12/16...