16 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Orlando Park News might want to check on that date.

A source tells me that there are some construction issues with the Town Center, and that most of the stores won't be opening until later in the month.

TCD

Disney did announce that the area will be opening to walking though but most stores and restaurants will not be open.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must give credit where it is due.   The TCD twins and I found ourselves in WDW last Saturday.  I was getting new tires for one of the girls' cars, and we decided to patronize the subcontractor who o

MouseSteps posted a video of Disney Springs today, taken from the Characters in Flight balloon...   &#13

The Edison will open in Spring 2017 according to new signage posted outside the construction site. 

New concept art also shows a slight revision to the originally released plans from 2015, when it was expected to open in 2016.

Inspired by its sister location in Los Angeles, The Edison will offer classic American food, cocktails, and live entertainment - including cabaret and music.

Themed to a 1920's period electric company power plant and boasting 35ft high ceilings, The Edison will feature a number of distinct spaces. The Lab performance space, The Ember Parlour, Telegraph Lounge, The Patent Office, The Tesla Lounge, The Radio Room, and a Waterfront Patio.

The Lab performance room will feature entertainment such as contortionists, palm readers, live DJs and more.

More photos...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-edison/news/13may2016-photos---new-concept-art-and-opening-date-for-the-edison-at-disney-springs.htm

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:48 AM, djsamuel said:

Disney did announce that the area will be opening to walking though but most stores and restaurants will not be open.

WDW Magic is reporting today that over 20 stores will open in the Town Center on Sunday, May 15: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/13may2016-whats-opening-this-weekend-with-the-town-center-in-disney-springs.htm

That's a lot more than what I heard.  But, they're the one with moles on their staff, so I'll defer to them.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

WDW Magic is reporting today that over 20 stores will open in the Town Center on Sunday, May 15: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/13may2016-whats-opening-this-weekend-with-the-town-center-in-disney-springs.htm

That's a lot more than what I heard.  But, they're the one with moles on their staff, so I'll defer to them.

TCD

Yeah they definitely pull info right off the Hub - of course that assumes the Hub is up-to-date.

For those of you lazy like me, here are the lists of everything they say is opening this weekend, although interesting to note that even they are hedging their bets and saying "expected to be open"...

Sunday May 15 is a big day for Disney Springs, with the opening of the brand new Town Center district and a number of its tenants.

As always, things are subject to change, and we understand a lot of the stores are racing to be ready, but here is a full rundown of what is expected to be open.

Transportation

The Lime Garage will open May 15, bringing more parking capacity to Disney Springs, and a convenient location for those looking to visit the Marketplace and Town Center. Just like the Orange Garage, Lime offers the occupied parking space technology to let you know exactly where spaces are available.

The new bus stop is not yet ready, and will not be opening on May 15. Resort bus service will continue to operate from the Marketplace for a few more weeks at least.

Dining

Shopping

• Alex and Ani
  • American Threads
  • Edward Beiner
  • Everything But Water
  • francesca's
  • kate spade new york
  • Kipling
  • L'Occitane en Provence
  • Lucky Brand
  • MAC Cosmetics
  • Melissa Shoes
  • Na Hoku
  • PANDORA
  • Sephora
  • Sperry
  • Tommy Bahama
  • UGG
  • Under Armour Brand House
  • UNOde50
  • Vera Bradley
  • Volcom
  • ZARA

The Landing

Outside of the Town Center, a couple of other locations will be opening at Disney Springs this weekend.

Article Posted: May 13, 2016 / 10:27am EDT

On 5/13/2016 at 0:48 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yeah they definitely pull info right off the Hub - of course that assumes the Hub is up-to-date.

For those of you lazy like me, here are the lists of everything they say is opening this weekend, although interesting to note that even they are hedging their bets and saying "expected to be open"...

This is pretty close.  There were a few on the list that I believe were not open.  My least favorite, in terms of atmosphere was encountered when my wife wanted to go into Sephora.  What a zoo.  Very loud music, crowded, and some very interesting looking people.

L 'Occitane en Province gave away some delicious brownie pops with cans of Perrier.  We got free cupcakes at Sprinkles for signing up to their perks program (delicious dark chocolate cupcake).  Under Armour gave away free snacks, Power Aid and bottled water.  While many of the stores are not my type of store, the atmosphere in them was great and it was very enjoyable looking around.  They were selling a LOT of stuff.

There was quite a line for Deluxe Burgers.  People told us how good that their burgers were delicious.  They look reasonably priced.  A cheeseburger (which I heard are huge)  cost $9.99.

I have some images of the brand new Disney Springs map to share:

DS%20Map.1_zps0yqyocuh.jpg

DS%20Map2_zpsbpv1cvgd.jpg

Some of the TCD gang was there for the grand opening of the new Town Center area.

Everything with the orange color on the new map is new.  Personally, I was amazed at the size, scope and quality of the new construction.  I had no idea this area was going to big so big and so nice.

I have some photos and some more comments to share.  I'll try to get to that later today.  My first impression of the place is very positive.

TCD

• 4 weeks later...

Well if I can't get biscuits at the new Trails End brunch buffet, I'll just have to go here...

Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar, Coming Soon to Disney Springs

Today, we’re sharing a few more details about another restaurant coming soon to Disney Springs — Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar.

Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

We already know that the restaurant, which is the brain child of celebrity chef and Florida native Art Smith, will feature the “farm-to-fork” cuisine that Smith is known for.

Chef Art Smith

Chef Art Smith

But today, we’re getting more insight into just what the menu will include.

Comfort food will be available in abundance, as dishes like Cheese-Laced Biscuits, Fried Chicken, and “exceptional” Macaroni and Cheese take center stage. Desserts will have a down-home feel as well, with Mockingbird Cake and Fruit Cobblers providing a sweet ending to your meal.

Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar, Taking Shape Behind the Construction Walls

Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar, Taking Shape Behind the Construction Walls

Chef Smith has said that the spot will be a true celebration of all the bounty that Florida has to offer. Not only will the menu spotlight seasonal ingredients from both land and sea alike, but the Homecoming also plans to utilize products and ingredients created by Florida artisans. Look for locally roasted coffees, desserts and breads baked right here, and even locally distilled spirits.

Coming Soon --  Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Coming Soon — Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

The adjacent Shine Bar will be your stop for hand-crafted cocktails, punches and other retro coolers. And the main ingredient will be Moonshine! (After all, a distillery would be perfectly located near those wonderful natural springs, no doubt. :-) )

“Florida is truly my home, and Walt Disney World Resort is the perfect place to open up my family kitchen to the world,” Smith said. “With Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar, we will provide guests at Disney Springs with an authentic taste of Florida during their visit.”

Coming Soon --  Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Coming Soon — Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

The restaurant itself will marry old Florida rustic charm with an exhibition kitchen, thus placing guests in the midst of all of the action.

While we don’t have an official opening date, we expect to see the restaurant open before the middle of the Summer. And we can’t wait to see everything up close and personal!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/06/08/homecoming-florida-kitchen-and-shine-bar-coming-soon-to-disney-springs/

• 1 year later...

The Dress Shop is Returning. (I am not a dress wearer, so honestly I didn't know it was gone, lol)

http://www.chipandco.com/dress-shop-returning-cherry-tree-lane-disney-springs-276845/

Have you ever heard of the The Dress Shop? If not then you should definitely check it out on your next trip to Disney Springs. It’s a new apparel and accessories collection created especially for Disney Parks that debuted this spring. These fantastic pieces were created for guests who want to emulate their favorite Disney characters or theme park attractions in a fun, retro way. The Dress Shop will be returning to Cherry Tree Lane in the Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs on July 27.

The-Dress-Shop-2-700x484.jpg

David Soliman, area manager for merchandise presentation at Disney Springs, gave insight into how his team created the shop-within-a-shop inside the Marketplace Co-Op. “Since the collection gives a nod to mid-century style, we wanted to create a space that would feel sophisticated and unique while complementing the overall story of the Marketplace Co-Op,” explained David. “The dresses and accessories are colorful and beautiful, so we found many ways to prominently showcase them throughout the shop. The best example is the hatbox-inspired platform that greets guests at the entrance. It’s a striking visual that pulls people into the location.”

The-Dress-Shop-3-507x600.jpg

Something this great doesn’t just happen over night. It took several months for the merchandise presentation team to plan and design the overlay of the store. Even after that, it took an additional week to install the display items and create the visual graphics.

The Dress Shop even received its very own monogram through a partnership with the Creative Services Team and graphic designer, Mariana Martinez.

“The team wanted something subtle and elegant so I started doodling using the letters ‘D’ and ‘S’,” said Mariana. “We ended up with a lovely monogram that guests may find hidden on the product displays. It’s a funny coincidence that ‘DS’ could also represent ‘Disney Springs’ [laughs].”

The-Dress-Shop-4-700x257.jpg

As you walk around the store you will notice beautiful shadowbox displays that feature Mariana’s sketches of the the dresses included in the collection. Other items were also included like Disney artwork and fabric trimmings used during the development of the collection.

“[The shadowboxes] serves a simple visual item that pulls the whole program together,” continued David. “The vignettes resemble inspiration boards that a designer may have used when creating the overall collection.”

The-Dress-Shop-5-700x458.jpg

Other fun elements were also included in the decor of The Dress Shop, including vintage dress patterns, antique scissors, colorful spools of thread, and a fantastic mirror featuring the shop’s logo.

The-Dress-Shop-6-425x600.jpg

One of the exciting things about the return of The Dress Shop is that it also brings a brand new Cinderella-inspired dress that contains metallic embroidery. It joins the collection of the already stunning 10 dresses inspired by the Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tiki Room, Orange Bird and so many more.

The Dress Shop arrives at Cherry Tree Lane in Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs on July 27th. Don’t worry west-coasters it’s also coming to Vault 28 at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.

Do you like the Small World Ride?  This tumbler is for you at Disney Springs.

http://www.chipandco.com/new-small-world-tumbler-available-disney-springs-276861/

its-small-world-tumbler-493x500.jpg

We recently shared with you the availability at Disneyland of this adorable new “it’s a small world” themed tumbler. We are excited to let you know that this popular Disney souvenir is now available for Walt Disney World guests! While supplies last, “it’s a small world” cups can be purchased at the Marketplace Co-op in Disney Springs.

Disneyland fans can still pick up a tumbler at the Wonderland Gallery in Downtown Disney. Designer Jerrod Maruyama announced the offering of the limited-edition tumbler at Disneyland last week on Instragram.

If these cups are anything like the Disney Enchanted Rose Cups, supplies may go fast!

Fun Finds may be closed, but when it opens back up, it will be a Star Wars store, here are the details!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/25jul2017-marketplace-fun-finds-to-become-star-wars-store.htm

Fun Finds in the Marketplace at Disney Springs is now closed for refurbishment.

When it reopens, the store will have a new name and will sell Star wars merchandise.

The Star Wars section of Once Upon a Toy will close on July 31 2017 to make way for a new experience.

In the same area, the Leather Kiosk has now closed.

2 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Fun Finds may be closed, but when it opens back up, it will be a Star Wars store, here are the details!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/25jul2017-marketplace-fun-finds-to-become-star-wars-store.htm

Didn't the D-Street Vinylmation shop become mostly Star Wars merchandise a while ago?

I remember this yes.  I think this is an additional location.  I know my son was jumping up and down in excitement because he seems to think that they are going to have more Kilo stuff now.  Honestly I am not a fan of Kilo, but he seems to think the character is the bomb-diggity.  To each his own.

1 hour ago, AuburnJen said:

I remember this yes.  I think this is an additional location.  I know my son was jumping up and down in excitement because he seems to think that they are going to have more Kilo stuff now.  Honestly I am not a fan of Kilo, but he seems to think the character is the bomb-diggity.  To each his own.

Well at least it's not a Frozen store!

It's July, so let's talk Christmas merchandise!  (insert my sarcasm here)  However, people already are talking about it, so here you go...

http://www.chipandco.com/disneys-previews-new-holiday-themed-merchandise-winter-2017-276920/

It’s Christmas in July and in the spirit of the Season, Disney has started to reveal some of the exciting happenings and merchandise coming your way this Yuletide Season.

Some of the highlights include Christmas stockings featuring a wide range of Disney characters (pictured above),

Christmas-Pins-700x416.jpg

There will also be a wide range of Disney pints on offer including these Mickey’s Christmas Carol Tsum Tsum pins that we can’t wait to get our hands on.

Disney-Dooney-700x468.png

But the piece de resistance for all you Disney collectors has to be this amazing holiday Dooney & Bourke!

Jingle-Bell-700x394.jpg

In addition to this fabulous merchandise preview, Disney also gave us a small inkling of exiting happenings coming to Disney World this holiday season.  What we do know so far is that Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will be back to wow guests at Hollywood Studios this Christmas.  In addition, Hollywood Studios will also ring in the season with two new special holiday experiences which will be announced at a later day.   The Mexico Pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase will also have a new entertainment experiences as part of the annual Holidays Around the World celebrations.

If this has put you in the holiday spirit and you’re in the Orlando area, why not stop by Disney Springs? Their Christmas in July celebrations will be running for five more fun-filled days (until June 30th).

I was happy to read that they are bringing back drinks from Pleasure Island for Throwback Thursdays.  I plan to take part in this very soon!

http://www.chipandco.com/review-throwbackthursday-drinks-dockside-margaritas-disney-springs-277084/

It was recently announced that some of the original drinks from Pleasure Island were going to be making their return to Disney at Dockside Margaritas in Disney Springs! When I found myself in the Orlando area last Thursday, I knew I had to swing by and try one (okay, two) out! Let’s just say, I wasn’t disappointed.

The special throwback drinks are available only on Thursdays and the flavors are rotated each week with the Kungaloosh and Emil’s Strawberry Colada always available each Thursday. Also, the drinks are offered at a throwback price of just $9 for the alcoholic options and $5 for the non-alcoholic colada.

Dockside Margaritas

When we visited, the Armadillo Punch and the Punch Line the weekly flavors that were available:

Dockside Margaritas

I had the Punch Line and my husband has the Kungaloosh. They both were incredible! They were the perfect option for a nice and refreshing drink on a hot and steamy Florida day. The Punch Line was so good I had to go back for another! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

To make our time at Dockside Margaritas even more magical, we were treated to the sounds of some amazing live music. The kids danced and played while my husband and I got to enjoy a nice break on the over-sized and very comfortable outdoor seating.

Disney Springs

The drinks are scheduled to be available every Thursday until mid-September.

Here are some new things for photopass at Disney Springs:

http://www.chipandco.com/photopass-studio-disney-springs-offers-photo-options-every-occasion-277064/

Looking to take a fun and “Goofy” family photo with a cool background? What about a picture of your little prince or princess all dressed up in a more formal setting? The PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs has you covered! With endless virtual backgrounds, the Disney Springs PhotoPass Studio offers a unique photo opportunity for whatever mood might strike.

Disney Springs

2-16-333x500.jpg

If you’re looking for a slightly more specialized photo experience, this studio also offers those of all ages the opportunity to pose in front of virtual backdrops using a green-screen technique.

3-10-600x400.jpg 4-10-600x400.jpg 5-8-600x400.jpg

6-5-600x400.jpg 7-6-600x400.jpg 8-6-600x400.jpg

Here are just a few of the numerous virtual backdrop themes currently available:

• Aladdin
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Brave
  • Cars
  • Cinderella
  • Elena of Avalor
  • Inside Out
  • Jake and the Neverland Pirates
  • The Lion Guard
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Mickey and the Roadster Racers
  • Moana
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Mulan
  • Peter Pan
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Snow White
  • Star Wars
  • Tangled
  • Toy Story
  • and much, much more!

So smile and say cheese, arrr, Agrabah, McQueen or Mickey – the choices are endless! Your photographer will make sure you have the best backdrop for your photo.

These photos can be linked to your My Disney Experience account and downloaded as part of an active Memory Maker entitlement or purchased individually.

If you’re looking for an even more customized offering that allows your little princess to step right into a classic Disney story, be sure to ask a photographer at the studio about a Personalized Storybook! Now through August 20, you can save $50 off the regular price by purchasing a Personalized Storybook for $99.95 plus shipping. This special price is only available through August 20, so head to the Disney PhotoPass Studio soon to make your purchase.

9-2-600x400.jpg

No reservations are needed to visit the studio. Feel free to stop by whenever you are feeling a little goofy and take advantage of these amazing and unique photo opportunities!

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-springs-fashions-need-go-back-school-style-277168/

For me, there’s nothing better than a day shopping at Disney Springs. Gives me the opportunity to check out all my favorite stores like Lily Pulitzer, Kate Spade, and the World of Disney while enjoying some amazing food and the magic of Disney. With back-to-school time right around the corner, Disney Springs is the destination to find all of the latest styles the whole family will love!

Disney Springs

Disney Springs 3-11-600x400.jpg

At Disney Springs, finding a great school outfit is easy. Levi’s has a large selection of kids’ clothing, and offers custom tailoring, hemming and embroidery to help create a comfortable, unique look. Also, UNIQLO is packed with back to school essentials and has a variety of Disney-inspired clothing to show off your favorite character in style. I personally just purchased the cutest Disney shirts at a great price at Uniqlo!

There are also some great deals on school outfits at Disney Springs. Superdry is offering $50 off your purchase of $200 or more August 18 through September 5, and when you spend more than $100 at Shore, you’ll receive a drawstring backpack August 18 through August 20.

For more back to school staples, check out Columbia Sportswear, Volcom and LACOSTE.

4-12-560x500.jpg5-10-560x500.jpg6-6-349x500.jpg

Finding a perfect backpack is simple at Disney Springs. CURL by Sammy Duvall has a variety of Disney-inspired Jansport backpacks. And Vera Bradley and Kipling in the Town Center also have backpacks and bags in a wide assortment of styles and colors. Both locations offer custom embroidery on all products, including pencil cases, lunchboxes, and more.

7-7-367x500.jpg

Need accessories? World of Disney is now offering an impressive assortment of pens, pencils, notebooks, and tablet cases. Francescas also has a fun selection of back to school items as well as a variety of stylish jewelry and accessories.

If you’re looking for shades, be sure to stop by Sunglass ICON and APEX by Sunglass Hut. Both are offering $40 off a second pair of polarized glasses when you purchase one full-priced pair. Edward Beiner, a location that can fill your eyeglass prescription in-store, is another great option to eyewear – offering the latest lens and frame styles for all ages.

8-7-600x400.jpg 9-3-600x267.jpg 10-2-333x500.jpg

You can “pair” your new school outfit with a perfect pair of socks at the World of Disney or sock-specialty store Stance, carrying Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel-inspired collections for your feet.

Specialty footwear retailers Sperry and UGG are offering promotions during the back to school shopping season. Visit Sperry for 30% off select styles, now through August 18. At UGG, enjoy complimentary customization up to $20 on any purchase of Kids’ Classic II product. Fit2Run, the Runners Superstore and Melissa Shoes both offer Disney character-inspired footwear selections to complete your first day of school outfit.

11-1-600x401.jpg

College-bound students looking to fill their toiletries bags should stop by Basin. The store is offering $10 off when you purchase a body butter, scrub, and three bath bombs together from August 4 through 6. And Sugarboo & Co. has all of your dorm essentials. When you purchase any pillow August 11 through 20, you can purchase a second one at half off.

If you build up an appetite during back to school shopping, Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace is offering a free kids meal with the purchase of one adult entrée from August 4 through August 13. If you’re looking for some refreshing sorbetto, Vivoli il Gelato in the Landing will cool your palate with their seasonal pineapple, watermelon and cherry flavors. And stopping by Ghirardelli is the perfect way to enjoy that end-of-summer sundae, as well as satisfy that sweet tooth.

On your next visit to Disney World make sure to schedule a day at Disney Springs. There is always so much going on there and so  many places to shop…You will never come home empty-handed!

http://www.chipandco.com/pele-soccer-rembranding-disney-springs-retailer-complete-277304/

Pele soccer

Signage is up at the newly rebrand Pele Soccer store at Disney Springs (formerly United World Soccer.) United World Soccer opened its first location in the Florida Mall in 2004, expanding to Disney Springs in 2014. While the Florida Mall location will keep its name, United World Soccer recently cut a deal with soccer legend Pele, in hopes that the brand will expand even further.

Pele soccer

Pele Soccer at Disney Springs will carry Pele jerseys from his time with Brazil, Santos, and the New York Cosmos. It has been rumored that Pele may show up at a Disney Springs event this Fall, although those rumors have not been confirmed.

http://blogmickey.com/2017/08/star-wars-secrets-empire-hyper-reality-experience-coming-disney-springs/

Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is a brand new “Hyper-Reality” experience that will plunge guests directly into the iconic Star Wars galaxy. Guests will move freely throughout the untethered, social, and multi-sensory Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire experience in a way that allows them to interact and engage with friends, family and Star Wars characters. This ground-breaking experience will open to the public at a brand new VOID Experience Center at Disney Springs this holiday season.

Hyper Reality is the combination of Virtual Reality and the physical world via physical stages laden with responsive sensory effects. This ensures the environments feel and act the way they should.

“At The VOID, we combine the magic of illusion, advanced technology and virtual reality to create fully immersive social experiences that take guests to new worlds,” said Curtis Hickman, co-founder and chief creative officer at The VOID. “A truly transformative experience is so much more than what you see with your eyes; it’s what you hear, feel, touch, and even smell. Through the power of The VOID, guests who step into Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire won’t just see this world, they’ll know that they are part of this amazing story.”