This weekend we tore the canvas on our popup, the flap that turns under the bunk about 2 feet on stitch line. Local canvas shop says it need to be removed from trailer for repair, How hard is it to remove and reinstall fabric from 1983 Jayco 806 trailer. I think it is original fabric and is in real good condition.

This weekend we tore the canvas on our popup, the flap that turns under the bunk about 2 feet on stitch line. Local canvas shop says it need to be removed from trailer for repair, How hard is it to remove and reinstall fabric from 1983 Jayco 806 trailer. I think it is original fabric and is in real good conditiON

There are usually zippers between each panel and the panels are held at top and bottom in a "C" channel.  Give the guys over at Canvas Replacements a call with the make/model and they can usually help out.  Plus, if you need to replace the panel they keep most patterns on hand for different years/makes/models.

http://www.canvasreplacements.com/

Help me make a decision. I can remove the canvas and have it repaired, remember it is 30 years old and don't know how much damage I will do to it. It ripped real easy when it tore and probably the rest is just as weak. Or I can patch this spot so it can be used, the repair would actually be under the edge of the bunk, it is torn in the seam where it folds under bunk. After the first of the year when I get my fruit money (I grow oranges and sell them around the first of the year)I can order new canvas for the complete trailer. We like this trailer and plan on keeping it for several more years. What would you do?