Treehouse Villas Pictures

It was asked on a different thread for pictures of the Treehouse Villas.  I stayed there in May 2010.

Here are some Pictures that I took.

Front Door

CopyofDSC_1463.jpg

Kitchen Area

CopyofDSC_1465.jpg

Dining Room table

CopyofDSC_1466.jpg

Bunk Beds in Room

CopyofDSC_1468.jpg

CopyofDSC_1469.jpg

Master Bedroom

CopyofDSC_1470.jpg

Master Bedroom TV

CopyofDSC_1471.jpg

Outside Pictures

CopyofDSC_1647.jpg

CopyofDSC_1648.jpg

CopyofDSC_1655.jpg

CopyofDSC_1659.jpg

CopyofDSC_1663.jpg

CopyofDSC_1664.jpg

CopyofDSC_1665.jpg

CopyofDSC_1666.jpg

CopyofDSC_1669.jpg

CopyofDSC_1670.jpg

CopyofDSC_1677.jpg

I am going to stop this post here because I do not know how many pictures I have included.

Thanks for sharing.

I think I would enjoy trying the Treehouses out at some point.

They are a ton of points though; especially after the big point change they made a couple years ago at SSR.

I will still make it a point to stay there at some point and test the waters.

The treehouse villas were very relaxing.  I will say that if you have young kids (Stroller age), I do not think they will like them as much as someone with children not in strollers.

The main reason, all those steps, long walks to the actually treehouses.  We had two children with us that were in strollers, mine and my sister-in-laws.  It was a pain worrying about the stroller and carrying it up and down the steps.  Then you had to either walk to the internal bus stop, walk to the grandstand section of Saratago Springs, take the boat to the Springs section or to your car.  All of these options require the stroller to be folded up.  There are Handicap Accessible villas.

I do not know why I do not have a picture of the pool, but it is a rectangular pool with some fountains that go into the pool.  There is parking by the pool so if you were one of the treehouses farther away you could drive.  We were close enough we could walk.

The overall feel of the treehouses were very dark.  You had to turn on ALL of the lights just to make it feel it was not dark outside.  Hopefully they put in some brighter bulbs.  That would be my MAIN complaint of the inside of the treehouses.

There was the bathroom in the Master bathroom, plus a shared bathroom for the 2nd/3rd bathroom.

Great pix. Thanks for posting them. We hope to stay at them soon.

Did anybody have a golf cart at the tree houses? It looks like you'd be able to get around in golf cart.

Golf carts can fit on the paths, but only for Maintenance and Housekeeping.  Otherwise, no Golf Carts allowed.

Also in your opinion how many people do you think it will comfortably accommodate for a week long trip?

It depends on the size of the people.  At one point, we had 6 adults, 3 Children(2,1,Infant).  The six adults were fine in the beds.  2 in the master bedroom, 2 in the second bedroom, 2 in the bunk.  Since the kids were small they slept with their parents in cribs and in their beds.  However, there is a pullout couch and a chair that converts to a bed.  It sleeps 9 and I would say 9 could be comfortable, especially if you go at a time that the deck can be used.  It was very big.

I wandered through there a year or so ago. It all felt very isolated to me. For some that is good, and yes you have kitchen facilties, etc. but no amenities whatsoever, except the pool.  Also I couldn't tell for sure, but I think you need two buses to get anywhere, one to SS, then another to your destination. (I may be wrong).

I wandered through there a year or so ago. It all felt very isolated to me. For some that is good, and yes you have kitchen facilties, etc. but no amenities whatsoever, except the pool.  Also I couldn't tell for sure, but I think you need two buses to get anywhere, one to SS, then another to your destination. (I may be wrong).

Carol, you are correct.  It is very isolated.  However, you are easily within walking distance to Saratoga Springs which has all the amenities and multiple pools with slides and play structures.

It is very much like the fort where you need to take an internal bus to SS, then catch another to the parks.  There is a path you can walk, takes about 5 - 10 minutes to the Grandstand section, then only one bus is needed.

Thanks for sharing the pics. This part of the resort has always interested me, but never enough to make a reservation. You pics pique my interest even more.

I loved the resort.  I do not know if I would do it again with the new point structure.  When I did it, it was the same as a 2 Bedroom at SS.

Thank you for posting those pictures. I usually will go to Disney with my dad and sister who both would have a awful time with those stairs. I would love to try one sometime!

There are some that are handicap accessible.  I think their are only 5.  The ramps are very long, just because of the height.

Beautiful! You lost me at no golf carts though~!  I love the roominess! But stairs with a toddler and all our stuff would kill me. Plus, I love being UN isolated at the Fort.  Seems so far from everything. Did it bother you the the grill was at ground level?  If I were to grill at all wouldn't it be on the deck?  I am sure they consider it too much of a fire hazard I guess. But running up and down the stairs to throw the cheese on the burger or to get the ketchup you forgot seems tiring. I suppose no one really grills there. The inside looks awesome though! Great pictures!!! 

Laura

:clint:

Beautiful! You lost me at no golf carts though~!  I love the roominess! But stairs with a toddler and all our stuff would kill me. Plus, I love being UN isolated at the Fort.  Seems so far from everything. Did it bother you the the grill was at ground level?  If I were to grill at all wouldn't it be on the deck?  I am sure they consider it too much of a fire hazard I guess. But running up and down the stairs to throw the cheese on the burger or to get the ketchup you forgot seems tiring. I suppose no one really grills there. The inside looks awesome though! Great pictures!!! 

Laura

:clint:

We did grill a lot.  The people that we were with did not want to go out too often.  Yes, those steps were a pain and even more tiring after a long day at the parks.

It would have been nice to have a table somewhere down at ground level so you could bring everything down at once.  We mainly did chicken, so brought it down, threw it on the grill, flipped it once and done.  All condiments were left upstairs either on the table on the deck or inside.

Also, having a golf cart would have been very nice.  They need to build golf cart parking at the grandstand so people can drive there and park instead of taking internal bus.  However, if you flew in and took ME, you check in at SS and they bring you to your treehouse in a golf cart.  Same with picking you up when it is time to leave.

We had booked a few days in the "original" treehouses for my daughters birthday the second week of September 2001.  Well as everyone knows 9/11 occurred.  Two days before we were scheduled to arrive we contacted Disney, and they said business as usual.  Oh, and a tropical storm was approaching but it was still business as usual. We called again the morning of our reservation and was told come on over. So on our scheduled day we drove over in rainy weather from Tampa to check in.  We get to the desk, and were told because of the rain, they closed the Treehouses and they were going to "upgrade" us to the golf villas.  A plain, non descript, boring out of the way to everything dump.  We argued, but were told basically take it or leave it.  If it wasn't for my daughters birthday we would've cancelled.

After we got home we attempted to contact Disney saying how disappointed we were, that this was a special occasion, etc.  We ended up getting the typical how was your stay letter/survey.

Shortly after our stay, they decided to close the treehouses, so we never got a change to re-book, plus they were out of our normal price range, but we had bit the bullet since it was her birthday.

I was surprised a couple of years back when I saw the announcement that they had refurbed the treehouses and were reopening them.

So being a wishful thinker I wrote to Disney, re-told them my tale of woe, and asked if there was some way that we could cut a deal being we got short changed on our original trip.

They sent me a list of the room rates (full price) and the phone # for reservations.

So much for Disney Magic.

jjbescher, I'm glad you had a good time there.  My sister in law had stayed there one time, and that's why we had booked for my daughters birthday.

We had booked a few days in the "original" treehouses for my daughters birthday the second week of September 2001.  Well as everyone knows 9/11 occurred.  Two days before we were scheduled to arrive we contacted Disney, and they said business as usual.  Oh, and a tropical storm was approaching but it was still business as usual. We called again the morning of our reservation and was told come on over. So on our scheduled day we drove over in rainy weather from Tampa to check in.  We get to the desk, and were told because of the rain, they closed the Treehouses and they were going to "upgrade" us to the golf villas.  A plain, non descript, boring out of the way to everything dump.  We argued, but were told basically take it or leave it.  If it wasn't for my daughters birthday we would've cancelled.

After we got home we attempted to contact Disney saying how disappointed we were, that this was a special occasion, etc.  We ended up getting the typical how was your stay letter/survey.

Shortly after our stay, they decided to close the treehouses, so we never got a change to re-book, plus they were out of our normal price range, but we had bit the bullet since it was her birthday.

I was surprised a couple of years back when I saw the announcement that they had refurbed the treehouses and were reopening them.

So being a wishful thinker I wrote to Disney, re-told them my tale of woe, and asked if there was some way that we could cut a deal being we got short changed on our original trip.

They sent me a list of the room rates (full price) and the phone # for reservations.

So much for Disney Magic.

jjbescher, I'm glad you had a good time there.  My sister in law had stayed there one time, and that's why we had booked for my daughters birthday.

So sorry you were not able to stay there and that Disney could not help you.  The treehouses are different now then when you would have stayed in 2001.  They had to keep the buildings in the same spaces the old ones were in, but everything was brand new when they re-opened them tied to DVC.

Thank you for sharing your pictures we have thought about staying at the Tree houses,but that is as far as we have gotten,since it is usually just the three of us wecan not justify the points to stay.

I definitely agree with that.  I would need enough people to fill up all three bedrooms in order to justify staying there.