• 3 years later...

Took a break from the fam and from chicken nuggets and went to Citrico's for their 30% AP discount before 6:30/after 8:30.

All of the food groups represented here - bread, butter, and wine.

Sa5g1F7.jpg

My server made some recommendations for each course and I managed to ignore her suggestions each time.

You can't see any evidence of tomatoes in this photo but this is a tomato salad. I don't see it listed on the current menu online so I don't remember what all was in it but I enjoy the balsamic, cheese, prosciutto flavors.

GQvY2dq.jpg

For my main I had the scallop risotto.

3BwFf8E.jpg

The portion was much bigger than I expected and I ate every bite of it.

Unfortunately by this point even though I ordered dessert I couldn't finish all of my key lime pie. :( Nice little bit of sorbet and cookie in the bottom right corner.

IHVP9UW.jpg

And I'm embarrassed to admit how long it was before I noticed the deliberate Mickey in the bottom left corner.

LevazG5.jpg

I was the first table to be seated for dinner service and I was looking forward to a quiet adult meal so I was a little disappointed when a family with two young kids showed up. But man were those kids ever well behaved! I saw the Mom drinking a glass of champagne so I told my server that I wanted to pay for her glass. They weren't able to put it directly on my bill, but took it off theirs and gave it to me separately. At some point while I was stuffing my face, the family's server must have told them that I'd paid for it and she came over to say thanks. I told her I appreciated well behaved kids and that parenting well is hard and they're obviously doing a great job. She told me that it meant a lot to her because they'd had a tough year with one kid having challenging medical issues and the other one being autistic. I hope they had a great vacation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...