• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went for tea again today - my first time since March. We didn't get Riley as our server this time and I don't know if it was because she had the day off or because she's moved on.   As best I can tell

Score another one for Fiends on the scene!

That actually looks pretty good.  Please let me know who to turn in my man card to.  

• 2 months later...

Remember how I said it was the last time? And I promised? I lied.

Went for the Grand Tea this time, which comes with a glass of sparkling wine and some duck pâté (that I didn't eat and gave to my husband).

4UzR0zRl.jpg

hzb19gil.jpg

Love those onion tarts.

a8JOUCKl.jpg

Our server must have overheard me say this was insufficient clotted cream, because she brought me another tray after this one was done.

Pwkfrx1l.jpg

5buPETsl.jpg

This was new since the last time I was here. It's a bananas foster trifle.

K5eDsOBl.jpg

4ZqMXjMl.jpg

I am thinking about surprising DW and DD with a trip to the tea room. The princess tea party is $250 for my DW and DD. Ouch!

Do you think a 9 year old would enjoy the regular tea service? It's a lot more affordable.

I haven't been to the princess tea party so I can't compare the two, but in the afternoon they do still offer a children's version of the tea menu (Mrs Potts Tea). The setting is somewhat formal/quiet by Disney standards, but I've seen kids there when I've gone who did fine.

I think as long as you can manage expectations (quiet respite from the buzz of activity elsewhere, not a character-filled high energy activity) it's a nice little tranquil break.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking about surprising DW and DD with a trip to the tea room. The princess tea party is $250 for my DW and DD. Ouch!

Do you think a 9 year old would enjoy the regular tea service? It's a lot more affordable.

My girls went at that age and loved it. They get chocolate milk in a teapot, and their sandwiches are PB & J. We've made it a tradition and they're all teens now.

My wife is a fan of the HTT (hoity toity tea).  She dragged me there once.  

Just once.  

She took the reds there also (6 and 4 now).  

They liked it. 

I do not.

Must be a girl thing.  

I'm okay with that.

My wife is a fan of the HTT (hoity toity tea). She dragged me there once.

Just once.

She took the reds there also (6 and 4 now).

They liked it.

I do not.

Must be a girl thing.

I'm okay with that.

Speaking of the reds we need some updated pics

Speaking of the reds we need some updated pics

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've missed the reds. 

We'll get there.  Let me ease back in first!  

I actually have a couple mini-trip reports I should probably throw together before our next one comes up...pretty soon I might add.  I might have been absent from here for awhile, but we didn't stop going to the Fort!

Went to tea yesterday 5/8/14. It was very nice. We found it more than a snack and ended up skipping dinner. We had tea at 3:40. DH like everything but the cucumber sandwich, the bread was made with caraway seed. Neither if us had the egg sandwich and I liked the pear one the best. The service was great. The manager took over a year ago. He is very knowledgable.

• 1 month later...

Dug up some of my tea room pics from assorted trips in the last few years...

Tuna Poke from the Princess Kate meal (my favorite)

6352550994_d504047326_b.jpg

Cheese plate - everything on here is awesome, including the biscuits

6352552564_451938d231_b.jpg

Desserts...

6352553154_d5c4f4a503_b.jpg

Full dessert tray with all choices

6352553650_9819e8265f_b.jpg

6352554246_86f0c352d2_b.jpg

6352554846_fb76213a4b_b.jpg

Strawberries and cream dessert option

6352555464_c687a9ebf8_b.jpg

A more current photo of the finger sandwiches - the egg salad was my favorite.

10858682816_ca3176af17_b.jpg

• 4 months later...

Back for tea again and this time the sandwiches were different. Bye bye salmon, and the pear & stilton.

The two new ones are the open faced ones you see - beet on the left, tomato on the right.

1cTd2MJl.jpg

Nothing new to report on the scone and tart front.

Q0jVmkgl.jpg

Pastry course seems to get a tiny bit less good each time. If you opt out of the strawberries & cream, or the seasonal pumpkin trifle, they bring this plate of pastries. Before you used to be able to choose from a selection of pastries, but now they're pre-plated. Eclair, chocolate covered strawberry, orange mousse swan.

KwNhOz6l.jpg

Still tasty and I'll still keep going.