• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We haven't done dinner here, but have done lunch a couple of times and enjoyed it very much.

Forgive me for not researching this further, but would a walk in be doable here for lunch? Or are they generally too busy? We always walk right by this place without stopping, want to try it sometime.

Cody

Walk ups here are tough in my experience, and we're a party of 2 and usually there during slower times.  The 2 times I've eaten here we've had ADRs.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but it might be tough.  One thing to consider is checking that morning, or if you have the iPhone My Disney Experience app, you might be able to take advantage of the new update...

Beginning August 13, Guests will be able to use the My Disney Experience to book dining reservations up to 20 minutes in advance (based on availability) via the MDE website or MDE mobile app on iOS devices.

Forgive me for not researching this further, but would a walk in be doable here for lunch? Or are they generally too busy? We always walk right by this place without stopping, want to try it sometime.

Cody

Depends on how busy the park is.  The first time I went, I walked in and had about a 20 minute wait.  But the park wasn't very busy.

• 2 weeks later...

We've only been once for dinner. It was at the last minute, kids wanted to stay at the trailer and relax so hubby and I went. We did have to wait for about 45 minutes but honestly it was worth it. We were pleased to get into a sit down place without a reservation. We plan on going next time we are there. 

We like this place, the food has always been good and would think it would be a great lace for Thanksgiving. The bathrooms are a downfall for people with a handicap since they are upstairs and narrow. A little expensive but as stryke-force says, what isn't at Disney :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

If you scroll way way back you'll see I missed out on the ooey gooey toffee cake back in 2014. Well on this trip, that cake was mine! Went with my BIL and two nephews. We didn't want the big founder's platter so opted to order a la carte.

I ordered the corn fritters to start. Cut into one and discovered runny dough inside - they were WAY undercooked. Manager came and took them away, brought us new ones (cooked!) and took them off the bill. Sauce had a nice bit of heat to it.

0oVY1c6.jpg

I ordered the pot roast, which came with mashed potatoes and "vegetables" that turned out to just be corn. I was kind of hoping for something green like broccoli or beans.

cnVsQ13.jpg

My nephew ordered the roast beef too but wanted fries instead of mash. Look TCD! Thick fries!

r7WBRDl.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't get the pictures from my BIL of the clam chowder or pasta with shrimp. The pasta portion was enormous!

But finally I got my ooey gooey toffee cake.

N9r0QB2.jpg

I love the crunchy bits of toffee in it. Don't let that pan deceive you - it's not cast iron, it's plastic. We shared this amongst the 5 of us and I was already so full by that point that a few bites was enough for me.