wendinator

Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room

18 posts in this topic

Mushy peas:

74E004C7-E0EA-48B8-BAA7-53152A993F42_1.j

Bubble and squeak (if I remember correctly - mashed potatoes with onions and cabbage, covered in gravy):

5C17A882-7434-4852-886E-726303B70864.jpg

English breakfast burger:

EC4DBAC2-BEDC-4A0D-B62A-C283CCA3E808.jpg

The only time we ate at rose and crown we enjoyed it, but I still always preferred getting the fish and chips takeout and eating back in the gardens

These photos need captions! I'm pretty sure that's not guacamole that they're serving. So what is it? Mashed peas?

TCD

Went back and put captions on the pictures I posted. Didn't do it out of laziness, earlier. :D

Red Robin has one of those burgers, called the Royal Red Robin, had one for lunch today :)

We went to a place in downtown Nashua tonight that has really great burgers and you can add a fried egg to any one for $1.

We did the "after hours wind down" at Rose & Crown.

It included a flight of beer (well, 3 beers plus a cider).

9QFh5ERl.jpg

And also L-R sausage rolls, cheese, Scotch eggs.

p5ilEmtl.jpg

It was a nice way to end the evening and the place wasn't busy. Our server was a lot of fun too.

I'm told you could order additional drinks, but we chose not to.

One of our last nights we lucked into a walk-up at Rose & Crown shortly before fireworks time (yay!!)

1544515_10205722272083225_60092933189638

Black & tan and Leaping Leprechaun

1525428_10205722272323231_10472501188679

Scotch egg

10383119_10205722272723241_1893956067328

Cheese plate - some really great cheeses here.

10411737_10205722272923246_8634823031433

Sticky toffee pudding.  Mmmmmmm

I did a walk up at the Rose & Crown tonight and they were able to get me a table in about half an hour. I'd checked out the menu online before I went so already knew what I wanted... the kids bangers and mash!

gHP2cfQ.jpg

It's a little hard to tell but the mash was in the shape of a hidden/deliberate Mickey. It's supposed to come with a drink and dessert but I passed on those (I'd already had a croissant donut a few hours earlier) so the rum & coke cost more than the dinner. With AP discount I was only charged $5.80 for the food (+ tax) and it was just the right amount for me. The rum & coke was $9! :lol:

11 hours ago, wendinator said:

I did a walk up at the Rose & Crown tonight and they were able to get me a table in about half an hour. I'd checked out the menu online before I went so already knew what I wanted... the kids bangers and mash!

gHP2cfQ.jpg

It's a little hard to tell but the mash was in the shape of a hidden/deliberate Mickey. It's supposed to come with a drink and dessert but I passed on those (I'd already had a croissant donut a few hours earlier) so the rum & coke cost more than the dinner. With AP discount I was only charged $5.80 for the food (+ tax) and it was just the right amount for me. The rum & coke was $9! :lol:

That's a bargain.

When we go to BOG at lunch I usually order the kids pork meal.  It's a decent portion and a lot less expensive than an "adult" meal for almost as much food.