Ma'am, You Forgot the Check! -- WWW 2014

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mama is awesome and Queen of all the Womenz.  I'm just grateful that I get to be among the lucky ones to know her.   Get on to her?  Have you lost your mind!?  I am staying in her good graces so as no

Mama and I have matching jammies. Granted hers are much smaller than mine.

I think Mo should make and send regular batches of rum balls to Rita to help keep Mama in line.  (Don't you dare tell Mama I said so or she'll be on my Fat A**!)

I have a few more pictures to share. The 2nd night I drug the big camera around and finally got chip, computer, and photobucket all in one place.

We decided to go over to the Contemporary for a bit, and perhaps do a monorail loop.

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

We stopped by the Settlement Ticket Window to see if we could resolve the comfort station door issue on our Magic Bands, no dice, but did see this cool golf cart

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

Melissa found all the toys on the GC cute

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

Trying to get full moon pics

IMG_2755.jpg

Now we are at the Contemporary. Marty is having a moment with Mickey

IMG_2757.jpg

Part of the List of Fun

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

Our random CM that we embarrased

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Off to the Poly

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

And that's it.  I was just not the picture taking fool I usually am.  Hopefully I'll be able to back to my relaxed picture taking self for the March gathering at DeSoto, and the Memorial Day gathering, and next years WWW in late April, early May will be warmer!!!!

• 1 month later...

I guess it's well-past time for me to finish up my part of this TR.

On Sunday afternoon, four of us went to EP.  I walked through FW and my body was telling me that I had done too much walking that day.  So I decided to ride the boat over and meet the others in Germany.  I figured I could get across the lake as quickly as they could walk around it.  Boy, was I wrong!

I stood at the dock admiring the way the sunlight was hitting the buildings ...

051EPCOTMexicofromboatstop_zps5971d7bb.j

052EPCOTNorwayfromboatstop_zpsda71a14a.j

053EPCOTGermanytheboatthatdidntmove_zpse

That boat never moved!

So I snapped a few more photos:

054EPCOTItalyfromboatstop_zpsc58ef380.jp

055EPCOTJapanfromboatstop_zpsf7f06cc5.jp

I finally called Mo and told her I would meet them at Guest Relations on the way out.

057EPCOTtesttrack_zps678586b9.jpg

060EPCOTSEandmoon_zps2a0b9c23.jpg

Several others went out later in the evening, but I was in too much pain and stayed in.

Monday morning the bunkhouse ladies packed up.

062PackingBigBlue_zps47520708.jpg

Then we all pitched in and took down the party tent.

063takingdownpartytent_zpsee092543.jpg

We all had lunch at Trail's End and celebrated Nicki's birthday.

The rum balls were passed around one last time:

064rumballsonelasttime_zps6626c4fd.jpg

We took some group photos.  And then several of us went to the Meadow Trading Post.  All too soon it was time for Big Blue to leave.

066BigBlueleaving_zpsf8fa9bb0.jpg

Melissa, Jen, Yvonne, Mo, and I hung out on Bob's dock until it was time for Mo to leave.

067Yvonneondock_zps3e0e932a.jpg

069bobsdockwater_zps456bc175.jpg

070wildlife1_zpsfc3246f5.jpg

I wanted to go back to MK Monday afternoon, but I still wasn't feeling up to it.

Tuesday morning Jen and Yvonne left early.  I had one last breakfast at Trail's End.  Tried to help Melissa with her PUP but there was very little I could do b/c I don't understand how PUPs work at all.  

All too soon the Disney van picked me up and took my luggage to the DME pick-up area.  The bus came quickly (the fort was the first stop).  We made three other stops before finally arriving at MCO.

I wish I could say my flight home was uneventful.  I've flown in tiny four-seater planes all the way up to jumbo jets.  I've flown into Miami when there was a hurricane offshore.  I've flown on the jumpseat in the cockpit of our corporate jets.  But nothing prepared me for this flight.  A major storm was coming into the Carolinas.  The wind was baaaad.  The pilot warned us an hour out that the flight would get rocky.  He severely understated it.  Everything was okay until we got within several hundred feet of the runway.  Suddenly the plane started jerking side to side.  It got worse the closer we were to landing.  We landed on one tire and bounced from one to the other several times.  For a moment I wasn't sure we would make it.

When we finally stopped the entire planeload of passengers cheered the captain!

Attending WWW was a wonderful experience.  I got to meet fiends for the first time, ladies I had chatted with online for years.  I got to spend time with other great fiends that I've seen repeatedly.  I arrived there in knots and went home nearly stress free.  And I can't wait for the next WWW!