Universal Studios and More..

LOL, you must have missed it Dave as I'm sure probably most of the South and a few Northerner's heard my grown, our trip has taken on a little twist.. I have a friend with a son that is 11, Anthony is an only child who has been raised by his father completely on his own his whole life.. this is a hard task as anyone can imagine.. so Anthony is coming to stay with my family for a little while.. this child needs a little love.. my family isn't rich, Lord knows we have our own issues, but love isn't something we are short on.. the kids and I discussed it and it was a unanimous vote.  

Sometimes when you get wrapped up in your own drama, it's easy to lose focus on those that need a little help more than you.. sure does make you appreciate your own messed up life sometimes... anywho

flights are booked...

hotel and tickets secured for a party of 5..

Lord help Universal and Orlando.. they will never be the same :heart:

I saw somewhere that Universal was opening a new value hotel with a 1960's Beach-Hotel theme, I believe it was called Cabana-something and it was already half-open with construction almost done on the other half??  What caught my eye was that it will have a lazy river and huge pool when it is finished  :)

:)

You are correct!  However it opens 1 week AFTER we leave.. Typical Judy luck. :)

Too bad, it looks really great and has better prices by the sound of it, plus I love that retro 60's look and colors  :)

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/blogs/theme-park-rangers/os-universal-orlando-cabana-bay-resort-20140127,0,7502620.post

Too bad, it looks really great and has better prices by the sound of it, plus I love that retro 60's look and colors  :)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/blogs/theme-park-rangers/os-universal-orlando-cabana-bay-resort-20140127,0,7502620.post

yes, In fact I "might" have gotten out of my chair and did a little happy dance when I found out about it..

then sulked a bit when I saw the opening date....  I don't know what happened to my Irish luck... but it sure doesn't work for this girl..

... this child needs a little love.. my family isn't rich, Lord knows we have our own issues, but love isn't something we are short on.. the kids and I discussed it and it was a unanimous vote.  

Sometimes when you get wrapped up in your own drama, it's easy to lose focus on those that need a little help more than you.. sure does make you appreciate your own messed up life sometimes... anywho

That really is wonderful, Judy!!  :heartsmiley: