Hey, hold on Ray. Over the past 6 years I estimate that I have visited the Fort on Fiend related business about 250 times. Why does Mo, who has visited less than 10 times, get to use that classic piece of junk golf cart?.

Because, schmuck face, you pooh-poohed Ray's awesome find.

Therefore you shall walk while I tour the Fort in comfort and Snarky style.  8)

Looks like a nice project. I'm bettin' the batteries are shot. Is that a roof or a frame for, say, a fabric roof cover? It looks simple and smaller than a 36v unit. All that for only $142000? What a steal.

It is a frame for a cloth roof cover.

I had two of my guys load it up on a trailer and bring to my shop and they didn't think to take the cover off. So the next day when I say it at the shop with no cover I was a little mad. I made them retrace their route but they couldn't find it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen way worse than this at the Fort!  This thing has personality!  I say fix it and have fun driving it.

Does anyone remember the one many of us saw a couple of years ago that was towing the homemade trailer with a park bench bolted to it?  I think I have a photo, will check and see…...

It has potential!  Tires and batteries, pretty much the only thing you need to replace in golf carts. Some nice under body led neon lights.....this could be awesome! Your a nicer person than I am. Someone would have been slapped for loosing the roof.

Hey Ray, have you finished spiffing up my new cart yet? 8)

I doubt it. I've heard that he has a TR going about a multi destination vacation that he has just returned from.

I'd read it, who am I kidding, I'm not going to read it, if I unblocked TRs.

No the cart has been put on the back burner.

Yes I'm writing a TR and if Lou would read them he'd find out he's my long lost great uncle.

But it's not because of the TR. We, as in myself and DW are building our dream house and I'm contracting it myself and still run our businesses. And the last two months we've had a larger than usual renter turn over.

Yes I'm writing a TR and if Lou would read them he'd find out he's my long lost great uncle.

I'd be glad to be your uncle Ray, then you'd have to be nice to me and I could continue being nasty to you, but I doubt it as from what I recall, you have some Spanish roots. 

My ancestry has been, and is, 100% Portuguese from Portugal.

So unless you have ancestors that are from either the Portuguese islands that make up the Azores or Madeira islands, you can still call me a schmuck face and not feel guilty.

I'd be glad to be your uncle Ray, then you'd have to be nice to me and I could continue being nasty to you, but I doubt it as from what I recall, you have some Spanish roots.

My ancestry has been, and is, 100% Portuguese from Portugal.

So unless you have ancestors that are from either the Portuguese islands that make up the Azores or Madeira islands, you can still call me a schmuck face and not feel guilty.

Good news and bad news.

Good news your not my lost lost uncle and I don't have to be nice to you. I got my Atlantic islands confused. My great grandmother was from the Canary Islands (Spanish)

Bad news your not blessed to have me as relative and I can continue to not nice to you. Schmuckface. Lol. . .

I'll have to make a correction in my TR.

I find that very interesting.

From what I've read, you've got quite the family tree.

That was something I found out from my aunt this trip. I knew my great grandfather was sent to the islands, he was a bureaucrat, by the Spanish government but I always assumed he brought his wife with him from Spain.

You name the nationality and it's probably in our family. Either by blood, marriage, or adoption.

Maybe if you were to adopt me, because then I would get last minute rezzies at O'Hana, and we could add a portuguese member to our family. Lol.

then I would get last minute rezzies at O'Hana,

No rez needed. Just get there around 5, check into the "stand by" line, and by around 5:30, you'll usually get called in.

And even though it's Spring Break, we got in, and so did a bunch of other people. I've even done it during 4th of July week.

Ohana is large restaurant and it's unusual for them not to get last minute cancellations or no shows.

No rez needed. Just get there around 5, check into the "stand by" line, and by around 5:30, you'll usually get called in.

And even though it's Spring Break, we got in, and so did a bunch of other people. I've even done it during 4th of July week.

Ohana is large restaurant and it's unusual for them not to get last minute cancellations or no shows.

Thanks. That's good info.