Is Disney messing with the dining rezzies again?

Ok. I've tried to get into BOG FOREVER. So when it was time to book dining rezzies for our up coming trip I was up at the crack on dawn on the first day we could make them. For June 1st, 2014.

I tried to book BOG and computer system said no times available. WTF! It was only 5:01am. Ok maybe it starts at 6:00am (central). So at 5:59am I'm on the computer again. Guess what? Yep nothing available. So the next morning I try again. And no times available. So I decide to call Disney directly. After a few minutes the gal says there's no rezzies at all before 8:00 or 9:00 pm. She says she doesn't understand why but try again tomorrow. Day three I call and try on the computer at the same time. Failed again.

The CM on day three tells me the same thing. We are trying to book a party of six so she says let's try to party's of 3. Failed. She finally tried to book three tables of two. Success. Three rezzies. 4:45, 4:55 and 5:05. We are going to arrive early and try to get seated together. Ok that's the background story. Fast forward to last Thursday.

We decided to try to get rezzies for ohana. For our June trip. Not a surprise June 3rd nothing available till after 9:00 pm. June 4th, 5th, and 6th. Same thing. Nothing available till after 9:00. This gets me thinking. So I checked for several days in July, August, September. All with the same result. So I decided to get up early Friday and try to book 180 days out. And guess what? Yep 6:00am in the morning nothing is available till after 9:00pm. Same result Saturday morning. So I call Disney and she can't find anything either. She says the same thing as with BOG. She says that she's not showing it's booked just that there is no rezzies available before 9:00pm. Is Disney just trying to get the late night rezzies full before they release the earlier times? Lou said that if go at 5:00, when they open, you can usually get a table. (Unless it's the high season I imagine).

Can someone please tell me WTF is going on. This is so frustrating.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news!!! Well for me and DW and DD Couldn't sleep so I tried to book a reservation for O'Hana for our June trip. I was able to get a 5:10 rezzie for us but it's after DW cousin and nephew leav

My question also is....are Disney's IT people not competent enough to create a system where the invitation email includes a code only good for one use?  

Who would do such a thing? 

So weird! I've always been able to get whatever I want at the 180 mark for our whole trip.

I have never had problems before either or with other restaurants. BOG is the most popular and I just wrote it off as computer glitches. But now Ohana.

I just checked Ohana. And guess what? They have a 5:15pm. For October 4th.

Thanks for fixing it Lou. lol

Was I just doing something wrong!?

Having a problem getting an ADR at Ohana for June right now doesn't surprise me. I had to keep checking and checking for cancellations when I got mine only a couple months out. Ohana is really popular and June is a peak travel time. 

It's that you're having trouble at the 180 mark that surprises me.  

Are you able to book using the FP+ app? maybe Disney wants to reduce the amount of telephone CMs.

We don't arrive til may 31st to bonnet creek so we won't get to book FP+ till April 30.

But we check into AKV on June 8th. So we will be able to make FP+ rezzies today.

Sweet GAWD!!  yesterday was our 180 day mark for BOG and same thing here.. not able to book anything .. I guess I'll have to sucumb to the phone method but I dont have hight hopes that we are going to get in

how many and what date Judy? Do you have a specific time. I didnt have any luck yet playing with Ray's but I would be happy to try for yours as well. 

how many and what date Judy? Do you have a specific time. I didnt have any luck yet playing with Ray's but I would be happy to try for yours as well. 

Just in case anyone is curious making dining reservations is also a free service provided when they book through me. YOu tell me what you want and I do all the legwork to get it for you. 

Jason, I kick myself in the arse daily for not using you, specifially now, you just wasnt there in the wee hours of the morning when Dave said booking and I didnt waste a second before taking his money...lol

my lack of patience is often my downfall, I'd love ANY day during the week of 10/6 - 10/10 for a party of 7.. still no luck trying to get the darn thing booked

Jason, I kick myself in the arse daily for not using you, specifially now, you just wasnt there in the wee hours of the morning when Dave said booking and I didnt waste a second before taking his money...lol

my lack of patience is often my downfall, I'd love ANY day during the week of 10/6 - 10/10 for a party of 7.. still no luck trying to get the darn thing booked

FYI, there is a simple procedure through which you can transfer your self-made reservation to a travel agent.

I often make my own reservations, because sometimes I'll see something is available and I'm afraid it will be gone before I can get my travel agent to book it.  In those cases, I still transfer the reservation to the agent, who can take care of things from there.

The agent gets a fee from Disney, and it doesn't cost me anything.  My agent can and does look for and obtain discounts on my behalf, and can make changes to the reservation at my request. 

So I say transfer your reservation to Jason!

TCD

Thanks TCD!

I would have mentioned but I think she booked this more than 30 days ago as Carol mentioned.

Also it cannot be transferred if paid in full.

I didn't know about the time limit.  I haven't done it in a while.  I normally will use the TA in the first place, and lately, my trips have been kind of last minute.

But I will use this post to remind anyone reading that the way things are now with the Disney reservation system, you'd be a fool not to use a travel agent.  They cost the guest nothing, and they have access to reservations and discounts that Disney doesn't let us poor slobs trying to do it ourselves access.  I don't understand it, but that's how it is.

Use a travel agent!

TCD

yes, it was booked in December, I did ask about transferring a few weeks ago when I knew the date for booking dining was coming and was told the same thing, must be done within 30 days of original booking.  I will keep in mind your insomnia Jason and will never do this alone again!