The kids ran and the adults walked (except for my potty break when I had to catch up!).

The blond lady in the picture - this was her first 5K EVER! She did a great job!

Now some rest, rope drop for Epcot and then a park day. Well, an abbreviated one- we're looking forward to naps!

2be303b69647583676365ade9ee11ce6.jpg9eb8e10cb466b2a0d51152a16eeb27f2.jpg878cbe37b3411511497756fcdd4e32c8.jpg00bd0fe93c857da785d4c4fb777b6afb.jpgfb0968e2a1bda895750bb3ef399c2ac2.jpg

He posted one on the I Am thread, and he looked AWESOME! He was rockin' the tutu!

Thanks- I found the photo.

Yes, he was rockin' that tutu.

LOL.

TCD

Yeah, I realized in my delusional early morning that I posted it to the wrong thread.

And be honest- it lived up to all your wildest fantasies and expectations, didn't it?!

I woke up to 30 degrees. Got on a bus at 440 am then stood in corral E until 630 am. When we finally got started the legs did not want to go. My goal was to stay 3 steps in front of the street sweepers but I finished in 62 minutes. This was more fun than I expected.

If I recall our timing, we likely walked pretty near each other! Congrats on finishing, having a decent time, and having fun!

I woke up to 30 degrees. Got on a bus at 440 am then stood in corral E until 630 am. When we finally got started the legs did not want to go. My goal was to stay 3 steps in front of the street sweepers but I finished in 62 minutes. This was more fun than I expected.

If I recall our timing, we likely walked pretty near each other! Congrats on finishing, having a decent time, and having fun!

Congrats for braving the cold and the dark and getting out there and doing this!  Glad you have fun to boot.  :)

So, who's signing up for next year?

We are already starting to make tentative plans. I'm going to have to convince DD that we don't have to stop for pictures with every character though. My son-in-law wore some kind of tracker that tracks your time when you are active, but not when you are standing around. After looking at our results, I discovered that we spent over 40 minutes in line waiting for photos with characters during the race. I think we waited around 10 minutes for Tink and Periwinkle, and I know we waited for Minnie for close to 20 minutes. The rest had very short waits, but it all adds up.

We didn't stop for any characters because we knew we were walking and would be really slow. Folks stopping for characters definitely worked in our favor as we were at the very very back of corral E and definitely didn't end last.

But doing it next year- I can't convince myself to do it unless we'll legitimately be able to run/jog the whole thing. This was a long way to go to walk 3 miles.

Yes we did walk near each other.  I remember seeing the three of you near the French pavilion but my DW got a sudden burst of energy and passed you on the bridge.  I followed.  I stayed at the fort and just got back today.  I might do another 5 K if it is scheduled at a time that does not require winter clothes.  Sorry I did not say hello but I did not know who you were until I saw this post.