Gettysburg 2014

Easter was once again spent with the fiends in Gettysburg at Granite Hill. This year my parents joined us.

Last year we tent camped but this year that wasn't happening because of the baby. We were super close to buying a pup (DH was on his way there but then found out we couldn't get the sale notarized because it was too late in the day so we held off and then because of his car we didn't follow through incase his car died. Thankfully (knock on wood) it's still going. Since we didn't end up buying anything, we rented a Starcraft launch 16rb (thank you Rennie for finding the place!). We wanted to rent a TT but they were all booked, so it was the hybrid or nothing.

The rental was for a minimum of 4 days, so we rented it Thursday-Monday. The original plan was Brian would pick it up with my dad's truck but because of his work schedule, that couldn't happen. We had fiends offer to get it for us, but the rental place wouldn't let me just add them as a driver, they would have had to have the whole contract in their name. We were able to get the dealer to come deliver/pick up and set up/break down the unit for a charge.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm In....   Wish I was at this GG....   Oh wait I was there !   and it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!      Taylor Pork Roll can be used as a breakfast meat, lunch or dinner meat.   My favorite way is to fry

I can't believe you guys are making fun of me. I was cold and went and out more clothing on and you make fun of me for it? Some friends you are.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip.  But it does have a bit of sweetness IMO that likely enhances this recipe.  If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.  You just don't mess with the t

Wednesday my parents brought all their stuff and the truck so that Wednesday night Brian could pack the van and the truck. I was taking my parents, the kids and whatever we needed immediately on Thursday and he would bring the rest in the truck.

Thursday morning Brian had hoped to get off work but they needed him to work, then he was supposed to be done early, but that didn't happen.

I left my house at 8:40 and was to my parents by 9:05. We loaded up their stuff, made a quick stop at the bank and headed for the PA turnpike. This was going to be the first time I ever drove this far and on the turnpike. So I was a little nervous.

Traffic was great the first 10 mins on the turnpike than it SMB. Thankfully the baby slept because rest stops are few and far between and one was closed. I wanted to try and hold off on stopping until the baby woke up if possible. Traffic finally got moving better and we stopped at an Arby's. I took care of the baby, we ate, walked around a bit, etc. it was probably about an hour that we were stopped for. We got back on the road with little traffic until we hit 30 and made it to Granite Hill by about 2:20. I was so happy to get out of the car as were the kids. Adam had started singing head, shoulders, knees and toes in Spanish. Best part? He doesn't know Spanish....

Our trailer had been delivered earlier in the day and they were coming back at 3pm to sign paperwork and go over how stuff works. They wanted me to come to the dealership and sign and go over everything but I pretty much told them they were crazy considering what I was paying for them to deliver it.

This was our cozy little home

A8497E3A-D35D-4B1A-B79F-663E74E01CD7-541

Here is the layout. 37F5D8A6-9961-4181-AF7D-FC2BB7DE6907-543

My parents had the rear bunk, the baby's pack and play went on the dinette and Adam was supposed to sleep on the sofa, but I didn't know it didn't fold down. It was only 21 inches wide and I knew he would fall off so him, Brian and I shared the front bed. It was very cozy, but we survived and are all still speaking to each other :P

The floor plan makes it look more spacious than it was. But it worked, we enjoyed it so I'm not complaining.

We started unpacking what we had and tried to get settled the best we could. Adam hit the playground. This pic is from last yr but it shows the playground. The location is great. We can see it from our sites, so we don't have to be on top of the kids but are close enough to see what they are doing and can yell if needed :)

IMG_3473.jpg

And it was a cute little unit. Even with the smoke alarm going off

Yeah, yeah :P thanks again for all your help!

I'm in! 

And cracking up because Z is totally obsessed with singing in "Spanish" right now.

Why is that?!? Sometimes he switches to other languages, which all sound like his "Spanish"

I'm in too.

Hi!

Hey, that's exactly like my little cracker box :)

I take the back cushions off the sofa and put a toddler bed rail on it, perfect for my 5 year old :)

Adam is a crazy sleeper, this was how I found him when we went camping in Lancaster. I figured he was safer with us.

DF024F93-F0A5-4B82-9E64-69218150AA7B-569

After letting Adam play for a bit, we needed to go to the store for milk, eggs, etc. after finding my dad (having a beer sitting in Rennie's 5th wheel) we went into town and got what we needed. I don't know how the prices we're because Mimi paid the bill. Dinner was grilled cheese and soup. I had brought beef pot roast, sorry Mimi I don't like tomato!

At some point we realized we should try the heater out to make sure it worked. The trailer was new and had only been taken out once before. I had just gotten the baby asleep when we turned the heater on. Shortly after the heater started smelling (you know the heater hasn't been run all year smell?) well, then the smoke detector started chirping and chirping loudly. It woke the baby and the fiends started coming over to see what was wrong.

So the smoke detector was chirping like mad, the baby was now awake and Adam was having a cow because we weren't leaving the camper (parenting fail on my part we should have to be consistent with what he is taught about fire safety). Thanks again to Bill and Rennie for your help. We tried opening up the windows and running the heater to burn more of the smell off but decided instead of wasting propane we would just use our space heater.

Cheryl and Matt brought their stuff for outdoor movies, I think the kids watched Frozen Thursday night.

10273906_10154008069220456_8123747215672

Brian arrived around 10. He had our blankets, pjs, etc. I thought I had figured out what we would need at night and put it in my car but I didn't do as well as I thought.