Posted today to the Disney Parks Blog...

Are you a fan of Disney’s “The Lion King”? If so, we have some great news to share with you today. “Festival of the Lion King,” the musical show that tells the tale of Simba through song, dance and aerial acrobatics, will return in a new location in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom this June.

LKT-b_c-613x388.jpg

Here’s a first look at what the new theater, which will be located in the left side of the Africa section, will look like.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/festival-of-the-lion-king-to-return-to-disneys-animal-kingdom-in-june/

I've never been to it!!!

You defineley need to fix that next time you go.

It one of the top 3 best shows at Disney.

Make sure you sit on the bottom row of the bleachers. All the way on the end. They always ask DD to be part of the show. It's so cool to see her up with then cast. And she love, love, loves it.

I've never been to it!!!

It is definitely a great show. We try to see it every time we go. We were really disappointed that it was closed while we were there over the winter. I hope they don't change it too much as part of the move to the new location. During a visit in 2009 for our grandson's 10th birthday, a CM gave us a pass that got us seated in the front row of the bleachers. They were chosen to give the Lion's roar!  We loved it.

post-3583-0-58879600-1399062608_thumb.jp

DH saw it once and fell asleep (seriously).  He'll still go with me if he needs a nap.   8)

That is too funny!

Hey new building means new show right *wink* that should get you at least one return trip for DH right?

Maybe.  If I'm lucky.  I have a hard time getting him to visit AK at all.

And Gwen, What is your 1st favorite Disney show?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Mine used to be Hunchback.

My favorite WDW show is Nemo.

How can anyone possibly not like the FOTLK?  Or with the sound level, fall asleep? 

Darn fine question, Ken!  One I've asked DH many times.

He thinks it's boring.

I suppose he's right... flying tumble monkeys, giant floats, entire sections of the audience roaring, and loud, rousing music makes me yawn every time.

:rofl2:

DH saw it once and fell asleep (seriously).  He'll still go with me if he needs a nap.   8)

I've dozed off at Nemo. Hot, tiring day; cool, dark theater; bad combination.

They can get rid of the rest, just keep the tumble monkeys!!! (Oh and the flying blue bird)

Actually I love the whole thing, but those two are my favorite parts.

X 3.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

NHN07064-613x408.jpg

The Harambe Theatre is nearing completion in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. When it opens in June, the theater will be the new home for the immensely popular show, “Festival of the Lion King.” We tagged along recently, as the cast of “Festival of the Lion King” got a first look at their new theater, both onstage and backstage.

[video link]

http://youtu.be/yXA9ru52W4c

The cast is busy rehearsing in the Harambe Theatre now, getting everything ready for the triumphant return of this thrilling, musical extravaganza in just a few weeks!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/festival-of-the-lion-king-cast-get-a-first-look-at-the-new-harambe-theatre/

Thanks Mo.

I don't want to read to much into this article but we really hope it's open for our upcoming trip.

But did you catch the last paragraph?

"

The cast is busy rehearsing in the Harambe Theatre now, getting everything ready for the triumphant return of this thrilling, musical extravaganza in just a few weeks!"

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open

"in just a few weeks!"

Thanks Mo.

I don't want to read to much into this article but we really hope it's open for our upcoming trip.

But did you catch the last paragraph?

"

The cast is busy rehearsing in the Harambe Theatre now, getting everything ready for the triumphant return of this thrilling, musical extravaganza in just a few weeks!"

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open

"in just a few weeks!"

It looks ready.

They're saying June.

The video shows the inside of the new theater. It looks like all the lighting and such is in place. 

I'd guess early June.  They may even surprise folks and open it early.

TCD

It looks ready.

They're saying June.

The video shows the inside of the new theater. It looks like all the lighting and such is in place.

I'd guess early June. They may even surprise folks and open it early.

TCD

I hope so. We missed it at Christmas.

Also, Our nephew(5). is joining us for his first trip to Disney and he loves the Lion King movie.

There's not much better, IMHO the seeing Disney thru the eyes of a child. Especially their first visit.