Dolly Is Upping Her Game

There's also a special Trolley that will give door-to-door service for special mobility needs.  We used it several times to Dollywood in the past for 50 cents a person, and we could schedule pickup and delivery times to suit our schedule.  We have stayed at River Plantation several times and the special trolley came right to our campsite.  I think it will hold 4-5 wheelchairs, although some may need to be child sized.  The regular run trolley has a stop right outside the campground...but it is a pretty good walk up the hill at the entrance.

Thanks Ken!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dollywood is getting its first on-site resort hotel.  It looks very nice.    http://dreammoreresort.com/    A vacation at Dollywood is not cheap by any means, but I think it does fit the budgets of m

Maybe we should flood their suggestion box for a campground

There's also a special Trolley that will give door-to-door service for special mobility needs.  We used it several times to Dollywood in the past for 50 cents a person, and we could schedule pickup and delivery times to suit our schedule.  We have stayed at River Plantation several times and the special trolley came right to our campsite.  I think it will hold 4-5 wheelchairs, although some may need to be child sized.  The regular run trolley has a stop right outside the campground...but it is a pretty good walk up the hill at the entrance.

+1 on River Plantation, that is where we stay anytime we are up there. And yes, the hill to get out of there is a haul!

We're staying at Pine Mountain RV Park... of course, that's not until August so I can't really help but, we are looking forward to it! :)   If you go... let us all know where you stayed and what you thought! 

Just FYI there is a trolley stop at the CG entrance if you decide to use them.

You also have use of the facilities (pools, etc) of the hotel that is across the street.

+1 on River Plantation, that is where we stay anytime we are up there. And yes, the hill to get out of there is a haul!

We've also stayed at River Plantation.  We were there last summer for three nights and they had just opened a little lazy river.

The rest of the trip we stayed near Gatlinburg at Twin Creek RV Resort, it was small but we really liked it!

WBI

We will be camping at River Plantation April 3-12, 2015.  That is our kid's Spring Break.  Looking forward to be there again.  Prices are reasonable too.  I made our reservation  this week......9 nights    RV Site  Full Hook Up 50 amp pull thru  4 adults and 1 baby.  Total for the 9 nights:$417.39.   Well worth it.  We also asked for a site we have used before that is right at the Bath House/Laundry.  They have reserved it for us.   You all would enjoy being there.  And it is very convenient to the Outlet Mall, Dollywood and lots of restaurants, etc.

They do have cabins also.  The smaller, cheaper ones have a set of bunk beds and 1 dbl. bed, A/C, Microwave and small fridge.  You have to furnish your own linens.

The larger ones, more expensive, have a kitchen and bath also.

I heard that the outlet mall near Dollyeood is a real outlet mall. Where you actually can get good bargains. Not like these new outlet malls which IMHO are just regular stores that occasionally have one or two items marked down.

Mean any one confirm or deny this rumor?

I heard that the outlet mall near Dollyeood is a real outlet mall. Where you actually can get good bargains. Not like these new outlet malls which IMHO are just regular stores that occasionally have one or two items marked down.

Mean any one confirm or deny this rumor?

We've bought shoes for the kids at the Stride Rite store before....we've found some decent deals there.

There are several outlet malls to choose from and you can get good deals at most of them. One of the outlet malls just opened a North Face outlet and when we looked through there most things were about 30 - 50 percent off retail.

I guess what I'm asking is are the outlets really outlets?

Years ago there were real outlet stores. They usually over 30 miles from any major city. And everything in the store was greatly reduced. Not just a few items to get you into the store. Now a day there are outlet stores everywhere.

We have an outlet mall in Oklahoma City. We went there a few times, mainly to the Disney outlet. And it had the same stuff as the Disney store in the mall and everything was about the same price. Not really any savings to be had. Except they did have some t-shirts on sale and that was it.

The outlet stores in Branson use to be really good. Went to the North face store and bought a Denali jacket for $40 about 2 or 3 years ago. Now the same outlet store wants $100 for the same jacket this last fall. Not much of a bargain.

It's been a couple of years since we went, but (for the 5 or 6 stores that we went into) I was able to find a couple of good deals out of the trip however.... nothing really super.  Then again, I'm not a huge shopper, so I'm not one to spend all day looking for the deals....except for garage sales.  Now those I could do all. day. long.  :)

The newer outlet malls dont offer the good deals that some of the older ones did but deals can be had. We were in Eddie Bauer in October and they had everything in the store 40% off, and if you bought a second item it was an additional 30% off.

Darn. Well I guess I have to scratch Dollywood off of my list. Lol.

Ray,

While true that Dollywood is dry, you should consider that just up the road a short distance is Gatlinburg which is home to several Moonshine Distillers which have FREE sampling and believe me, that is a "theme" park in it's own right.... :oregonian_winesmiley:

Ray,

While true that Dollywood is dry, you should consider that just up the road a short distance is Gatlinburg which is home to several Moonshine Distillers which have FREE sampling and believe me, that is a "theme" park in it's own right.... :oregonian_winesmiley:

Dollywood is back on the list. Lol.

I googled both Dollywood and the Gatlinburg area. It does seem a lot like branson Missouri. And we love Branson. We even like Frontier City which is dry also. I just wish it was a little closer.