Has anyone ever camped here? We are thinking about going towards the end of July. Just wondering what areas of the park are best (or ones to avoid). Can't find many site pics online.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike this is an awesome park!  Usually loops A and B are the best ones.  I would stay out of C and D.  E is more secluded but there are some really shady sites there which could be nice in July but a big trailer won't do well in it.  I can tell you a lot more when I have a little more time.  There are great hikes, awesome swimming holes, the Cascades area is super fun to swim in.  Some neat swinging bridges.  The golf course is very nice.  There is a pool that is spring fed and it is always colder than expected which is great in July.  There are usually good ranger programs too.  I will double check my maps later and recommend some sites.  What kind of camper do you have?

I have gone to Fall Creek Falls at least once a year since I was born (38 years). IMO there is no better park in Tennessee. My 5th wheel is 30 ft and we generally stay in campground B or A. They both have full hook ups while E does not. E is the most secluded if water and electric only are ok. You will not run out of things to do. My family likes to hike from the nature center over the top of the falls and then down to the bottom. Great views and cold water to swim in at the base of the falls. There are great ranger programs and nightly softball games that are a blast. I would try to get sites 91-98 in B if I could.

I have gone to Fall Creek Falls at least once a year since I was born (38 years). IMO there is no better park in Tennessee. My 5th wheel is 30 ft and we generally stay in campground B or A. They both have full hook ups while E does not. E is the most secluded if water and electric only are ok. You will not run out of things to do. My family likes to hike from the nature center over the top of the falls and then down to the bottom. Great views and cold water to swim in at the base of the falls. There are great ranger programs and nightly softball games that are a blast. I would try to get sites 91-98 in B if I could.

How are b60-80? Lots avail, not too concerned about the sewer.

We stayed in B105 last July and most things in that circle are great as well as the circle next to it.  B 127-134 are good as well as B137-140.  B74-B80 are also good but down hill and heavy rain can be a pain.  I also like a 29 it has great view of the playground and meadow are where he kids play.  Stay out of C and D.

You will not be disappointed in the park.  Give it a try.

IIRC there is a small dump station, i.e. roll your blue tank only no room for campers on the road in the B loop on the way down to B105.  The other dump station is out on the main road by the camper check in station.  The main dump station is roughly no more than !/2 mile away from most of the camping sites.

• 4 years later...