I can tell you what I remember. A long time ago the stock holders meeting was in Philadelphia and there was this Save Disney campaign by Roy E. Disney and they held a meeting around the same time as the stock holders meeting as these were some of the goodies we got. That's all I remember, hopefully my dad remembers more.

Lou,

Roy Disney mounted a movement savedisney.com against Eisner. At the March 3, 2004 share holder meeting he had increasing share holder support. Since I was a stock holder Beckers and I attended both a meeting / wine & cheese party with Roy Disney, Stanley Gold and other save Disney supporters as well as the annual Disney meeting.

It was amazing how much Roy sounded like Walt. I might even have a pic somewhere of Roy speaking to the group.

It was an open room meeting and Roy mingled before and after speaking.

There were other groups protesting Disney co. practices. These buttons & pins were handed out in a bag of other "goodies" &

support for savedisney.com material. If you want I can Pm some of the other protesters agenda.

The share holder meeting did reveal some of the new stuff that was coming to movies & parks.

Beckers & I had a great time.

I'm familiar with the save Disney campaign, in fact Roy had two of them.

What's interesting is that the guy that took over and is now in charge was considered an Eisner person.

I was in Eisner's presence and witnessed from 5 feet away his lack of people skills while he was at the Grand Floridian in 1998.

I remember saying to myself, what a jackass. I would have fired him then. I guess I was ahead of the curve.

I think Eisner was the right man for the time, but he overstayed his welcome.

He is credited for giving the company a new direction which at the time was at risk of being taken over and possibly split up.

For me, it's, thank you Michael for saving the company, but now get out.

Very cool stuff! Thanks for sharing BeckersDad :)

:rotfl5:

Now I see where the young Padawan gets her wit.

I couldn't be any more like both my parents, it's actually scary. The best is when I'm on the phone with my mom and she says something and my dad and I both make the same snarky remark.