I have been busy planning our family vacation for this November. I am interested in bringing a cooler into the park. I am not really interested in renting a locker, we will have a stroller that the cooler will fit in. My concern is somebody swiping the cooler. Is there anybody here that has some insight?

Thanks!

Maryann

#1... Welcome!

ok, now that that's out of the way....
We used a small cooler in the storage on our stroller when we were there not too long ago and never had any issues with it. I will not hesitate to do the same again on our next visit.

We went in November in 2010 and had a cooler in our stroller.  When we would leave the stroller to go on a ride, we would just put our sweatshirts over the cooler.  We had wanted the sweatshirts  when we were getting to the park for rope drop, but wouldn't need them in the afternoon.

HTH!

Never say never, but if it's a concern, is there a way to lock it to the stroller?

Maybe a bicycle cable lock that you can quickly unlock when you have to fold it, which you will have to do if you use the buses.

No need to be quick.  Just wait until the bus pulls up....roll the stroller up to the door and, while blocking the door, take your time unlocking and removing the cooler.  Slowly hand the cooler to a family member, and then proceed to fold up the stroller.  

It's fine....really.  If someone complains, tell them that Lou said it was ok.   :rofl2:

Never say never, but if it's a concern, is there a way to lock it to the stroller?

Maybe a bicycle cable lock that you can quickly unlock when you have to fold it, which you will have to do if you use the buses.

We always take a bike lock with us for the stroller when going to amusement parks. Thanks for the replies, makes me feel better about taking one iN with a little less stress.

No need to be quick.  Just wait until the bus pulls up....roll the stroller up to the door and, while blocking the door, take your time unlocking and removing the cooler.  Slowly hand the cooler to a family member, and then proceed to fold up the stroller.  

It's fine....really.  If someone complains, tell them that Lou said it was ok.   :rofl2:

Don't forget to take the very first seat you come to and leave the stroller in the aisle in front of you so no one can get past.