Ours is leaking.  We have an Atwood water heater.  Here was the product description from Atwood:  140012 (91604) RELIEF VALVE 1/2 F/ALL ATWOOD WATER HEATERS.

Any idea if we could use this camco part:

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-10423-Temperature-Pressure-Epoxy-Coated/dp/B0006IX8AU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402144580&sr=8-1&keywords=camco+1%2F2+pressure+relief

Tom read on a website with the specific Atwood part, that the Atwood piece might require a special part to take it off/put it on.  Looking at it, I can see why that would be   ???

Thoughts?

Mine leaked once and I just had to release the pressure or something from it.  I basically just had to open it, then let it close on its own or something.  

Can you tell I don't really remember?

Either way, I did whatever I did to it and it stopped leaking after that.  I just googled it and found what to do with it.  

Maybe check that before you go replacing the whole thing.

Copied from the Atwood website manual.

PRESSURE-TEMPERATURE RELIEF VALVE
Weeping or dripping of a pressure-temperature relief valve while the water heater is running DOES NOT mean it is defective. This is normal expansion of water as it is heated in the closed water system of a recreation vehicle. The Atwood water heater tank is designed with an internal air gap at the top of the tank to reduce the possibility of weeping and dripping. In time, the expanding water will absorb this air. To replace the air follow these steps:
Step 1: Turn off water heater
Step 2: Turn off incoming water supply
Step 3: Open the closest hot water faucet in the coach
Step 4: Pull handle of pressure-temperature relief valve straight out and allow water to flow until it stops.
Step 5:Allow pressure-temperature relief valve to snap shut, turn on water supply and close faucet.

Copied from the Atwood website manual.

PRESSURE-TEMPERATURE RELIEF VALVE

Weeping or dripping of a pressure-temperature relief valve while the water heater is running DOES NOT mean it is defective. This is normal expansion of water as it is heated in the closed water system of a recreation vehicle. The Atwood water heater tank is designed with an internal air gap at the top of the tank to reduce the possibility of weeping and dripping. In time, the expanding water will absorb this air. To replace the air follow these steps:

Step 1: Turn off water heater

Step 2: Turn off incoming water supply

Step 3: Open the closest hot water faucet in the coach

Step 4: Pull handle of pressure-temperature relief valve straight out and allow water to flow until it stops.

Step 5:Allow pressure-temperature relief valve to snap shut, turn on water supply and close faucet.

Thanks.  Dang... wish we had seen that before we removed the pressure release valve yesterday BEFORE emptying the water tank.... long story short, this created a leak that took us a few hours to clean up and dry out (we had to try and find/get all the water out).

Fun times...