• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whadya expect? It perfectly satisfies the quote above. It gets me away from my hum drum daily grind, or as I call it, my home.   Besides, I don't have an RV and didn't want to be left out.  

I thought it would be  to post pictures of our rig's.  Seeing as most everyone likes to see peruse pictures of other's rigs, as well as get idea's for their own set up. Pictures can be of whatever con

Its a 3 page thread with pics of our set up http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10802-our-new-camper-2014-k-z-mxt-319/

Posted Images

Love seeing everyone's camper.  We just got a "new" one ourselves. Prepping it for the long trip to the Fort this Thanksgiving.

Yes, I'm aware we're nuts.

1904113_10202080932840091_72958225027193

It's a 1967 Dodge Travco.

That looks like a fun project. For some reason I like the feel of older vehicles. Looking forward to seeing how your project progresses.

Thanks everyone! I'll start that thread later tonight. :)

How is the drive-train on the "old girl"? 

It's pretty solid, but could use improvement. Engine and transmission was rebuilt 10,000 mile ago, but there's an exhaust leak we need to sort out. Probably we'll need to replace the exhaust manifold.

MUCH work will go into this before we attempt our trip to the Fort. The clock is ticking (see ticker below).

Heres our rig, 2013 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 265RBSS, just two of us camping normally.

Backed into FW site 1435, not set up yet

IMG_2235_zps706e6481.jpg

Set up, hiding from the rain, site 1435

IMG_2136_zps5df315fa.jpg

Interior

IMG_0483_zpscc2c9fa2.jpg

IMG_0538_zpsdc7f83d6.jpg

IMG_0481_zps8aff0537.jpg

IMG_1034_zps87bc686a.jpg

Outside kitchen

IMG_0480_zps8bb0b5a9.jpg

IMG_1033_zpsc2d6d54c.jpg

Cody

Love the RV. We bought a 2011 cruiser funfinder 275 when cruiser RV made a huge turn around. They have come even further in the past few years by your pics. Love the interior. We miss that RV from time to time mostly due to the lightweight. Back then they were the only 1/2 towable with a separate garage with a pass through door. That fridge would look a lot better full of miller lite...lol

That is the coolest cart I have seen. I would say I am THE #1 Herbie fan, don't argue it I'll drag you down to my level and beat you with experience :rofl3: :rofl3:

I'll challenge you on that...lol. We love the cart and I put a lot of blood, sweat and beers into this thing. My wife hates that we are in every families vacation photos...lol. Hard to be incognito at the fort (which we like) when you roll in a ride like ours

Love the RV. We bought a 2011 cruiser funfinder 275 when cruiser RV made a huge turn around. They have come even further in the past few years by your pics. Love the interior. We miss that RV from time to time mostly due to the lightweight. Back then they were the only 1/2 towable with a separate garage with a pass through door. That fridge would look a lot better full of miller lite...lol

Thank you! The weight is exactly why I purchased the Fun Finder. I loved the floorplan and an outside kitchen was an absolute must. A couple other companies have similar floorplans (Crossroads Zinger and Keystone Laredo) but they all weighed 6000+ and I wanted to stay as light as I could. (TV is a 2006 F-150 4x4 5.4L) The Fun Finder came in at 4785, pretty awesome. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of it as well. Funny you mention miller lite, it was in there 2 weekends ago when I was at The Fort.

Nice we just got the sunset trail 32 rl and that ice maker does it work good

Are you talking about my ice maker? If so, yes it does work pretty good. Its an igloo bought at Wal Mart for $98 around Christmas time. I have a little Yeti cooler I keep outside and I usually put a 10 lb bag of ice in it to cool it down, then the ice maker will generally fill up the cooler throughout the weekend, and keep up with the demand of drinks. I like it because it has a much smaller footprint then the other counter top ice machines you would find at Camping World or similar stores.

Cody

Are you talking about my ice maker? If so, yes it does work pretty good. Its an igloo bought at Wal Mart for $98 around Christmas time. I have a little Yeti cooler I keep outside and I usually put a 10 lb bag of ice in it to cool it down, then the ice maker will generally fill up the cooler throughout the weekend, and keep up with the demand of drinks. I like it because it has a much smaller footprint then the other counter top ice machines you would find at Camping World or similar stores.

Awesome find! I'm going to have to check that out, glad to hear a good review!

Thanks to everyone for posting. Everyone should be proud of their set up's, they are all beaut's.

I am a firm believer that if it keeps one out of the house and allows one to enjoy the out of doors, then that means the " Honey Doo's " can wait another week. :rofl2:  :rofl2:

Here is a pic of our new rolling kitchen.

Pic7_zps6d74133f.jpg

And our bedroom.

Pic9_zps7bea07e5.jpg

Love the kitchen layout!  I've always been a fan of the "end" kitchens - seems like you end up with more counter/cabinet space than you usually get with the kitchen along a side wall.  We tried to find one when we shopped for our current camper, but we couldn't find one in a unit that also had the bunk space we needed for the mutts.

Love the kitchen layout!  I've always been a fan of the "end" kitchens - seems like you end up with more counter/cabinet space than you usually get with the kitchen along a side wall.  We tried to find one when we shopped for our current camper, but we couldn't find one in a unit that also had the bunk space we needed for the mutts.

Thanks.

When we went looking for 5ers we hadn't given rear kitchens much though as we were focused on rear living and rear entertainment floor plans, until we came across this model which sealed the deal for us. The rear kitchens feel so much more spacious than the others we looked at.

Love seeing everyone's camper.  We just got a "new" one ourselves. Prepping it for the long trip to the Fort this Thanksgiving.

Yes, I'm aware we're nuts.

1904113_10202080932840091_72958225027193

It's a 1967 Dodge Travco.

Fabulous!  My son and I are all gung-ho to find and retrofit an older unit.  Husband is less than gung-ho...like, not even a little-ho.  Oh, but the dreams!  Hope y'all have a wonderful time! 

• 1 month later...