From the Disney Parks Blog...

Get Ready to Experience ‘Frozen’ Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on June 26th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe? At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new experience.

0625ZW_1067DR-1.jpg

This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long happening, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!

Here are some of the highlights:

• Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
  • Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
  • For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
  • Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
  • “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
  • “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”

I don’t know if I’m elated or … well, you know!

If you’re somewhere in that zone, like me, you’re already bursting with anticipation for “Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.” Starting July 5, the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there, too! It’s going to be a great summer for snowmen, royalty, and anyone who’s a fan of “Frozen!”

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/06/get-ready-to-experience-frozen-summer-fun-live-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the same way about anything princess and BBB, but if I ever have granddaughters, all bets are off

Well, I have to take back some of the criticism I dished out about this earlier. We checked on this Frozen stuff this past weekend The parade was cute. They have a few of the floats from the MVMCP

I am calling it right now- the live band is going to be Mulch, Sweat and Shears in snowflake hats.  Heaven help us.   TCD

I wonder how long it will be before they announce the premium seating for the parade and dessert party for the fireworks.

Oh, and why not a Frozen breakfast in the Sci Fi Drive In?

TCD

I heard there's a travel agent that has somehow arranged a breakfast in September. Tickets are over $100 each.

Marketing genius. But Mommy now we HAAAAAVE to go to DHS. I want to see Anna/Elsa/Olaf (and maybe Kristoff?).  And we have to be there for the Royal Welcome and the sing along and the dance party and the fireworks. So we HAAAAAVE to stay an extra day. 

Hang on here a gosh-darned minute!

What about the Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party that was supposed to be going on at the BAH every night all summer? http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/13032-‘rock-your-summer-side’-dance-party-coming-to-hollywood-studios/

TCD

Sounds like a very minor adjustment to theming has been made, and BAM!  Frozen Dance party. 

“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!

Sounds like a very minor adjustment to theming has been made, and BAM!  Frozen Dance party. 

“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!

I am calling it right now- the live band is going to be Mulch, Sweat and Shears in snowflake hats.  Heaven help us.

TCD

Here's some inside information.

Twin #2 has noticed that Frozen merchandise was being packed up in the various gift shops around property.  Which makes no sense-since this stuff is in such demand.

Now it makes sense- this is going to be the inventory for Darth's Mall Wandering Oaken's Trading Post.  Your brat wants Frozen stuff?  Buy a ticket to DHS.  Brilliant.

TCD