A couple old pics from the Fort

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember on New Years Eve at the Fort two years ago.....after the fireworks on the beach, there were hundreds (it seems) of carts leaving the Settlement area honking their stupid horns.  It went on

I'm thinking this is the construction of the Meadow swimming pool.  It looks like the 1500 loop bus stop way off in the distance.

been gone a week or so, I'll try to start it up again, Wilderness Trail from spring of 1978.

out in bay lake

Image3c_zpsa1184bd5.jpg

All of these photos are so cool!

This one made me chuckle…..see the person right in the center with the red swimsuit?  On what I used to call a "click-click" chair?

It reminds me of my friends and I when we used to contort our bodies in odd ways to get an even tan and not have weird lines.  I think this person may be doing just that.

I recall one Spring Break in Daytona, in particular.  We would "flip" every so often to get cooked evenly, hehe.  Not a drop of sunscreen on us, puffing away on Marlboro Lights, probably with a beer nearby.

I have tons more but it just takes forever to go thru them and scan them all.

Well, thanks for taking the time to scan and post the ones that you already have.

They are all great!

Please post some more when you find the time.  I never get tired of looking at old Fort photos.  There is so much that the Fort used offer that it no longer does.

TCD

Wow, again!

These are true treasures.

I have seen very few photos of the old Marshmallow Marsh cabin.  And, never one from this perspective.  Awesome!

img234_zpsb1c3761f.jpg

I think that you are absolutely right about this being the Meadow Pool under construction.  And that is the 1500 loop bus stop!

I'm thinking this is the construction of the Meadow swimming pool.  It looks like the 1500 loop bus stop way off in the distance.

img209_zps378ad9e3.jpg

I wish there was a way to be able to read what that small sign on the fence says.

Are all of these photos from the same trip?

I thought the Meadow pool didn't open until 1981.

TCD