A couple old pics from the Fort

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember on New Years Eve at the Fort two years ago.....after the fireworks on the beach, there were hundreds (it seems) of carts leaving the Settlement area honking their stupid horns.  It went on

I'm thinking this is the construction of the Meadow swimming pool.  It looks like the 1500 loop bus stop way off in the distance.

been gone a week or so, I'll try to start it up again, Wilderness Trail from spring of 1978.

TCD mentioned something about a covered wagon, well here it is in 1982

Image5_zpsb5fa70a1.jpg

Outstanding!

Since we keep on looking at these folks, how about some introductions?  I assume that you are in these photos.  Which one are you?  And are these all siblings, or cousins, or what?

you also saw that small little cannon in that playground.  Here is a little bit bigger one in 1989.

img104_zpse055c9c3.jpg

Wow!

You probably don't know this, but there was a very long thread on another discussion board that some of us used to participate in where we spent a lot of time looking at an old plan of the Fort, and speculating about whether or not there used to be a cannon on display in that spot.  Some old photos eventually surfaced, but none of those photos were as good as this one.

There used to be so many cool things on display all around the Fort.  It's a crying shame that all of them are now gone, and Disney didn't even bother to replace them.

Awesome! 

(and love the 80s hair)

Agreed.  That is a straight up Farrah Fawcett hairdo on that young lady.

The musket mickey garbage can still lives... When we were visiting over the labor day holiday, we spotted one. We saw it when we returned our golf cart, it's tucked away back there.

Good job on this tidbit.  I haven't seen a Musket Mickey trashcan anywhere around the Fort lately.  I'm going to go hunt that one down next chance I get.

TCD

Outstanding!

Since we keep on looking at these folks, how about some introductions?  I assume that you are in these photos.  Which one are you?  And are these all siblings, or cousins, or what?

That's me in the red sleeved mickey shirt.  The others are my older brothers and the girl is my oldest brothers ex.  Our parents started taking us to the fort for spring break starting in 1976.

That's me in the red sleeved mickey shirt.  The others are my older brothers and the girl is my oldest brothers ex.  Our parents started taking us to the fort for spring break starting in 1976.

So you're the baby of the family?

Did y'all live in Illinois at the time?

Do you have any photos of your campsites?   I always like looking at how the loops used to look before the recent deforestation initiative.

TCD

Yep, I'm the baby.  We all still live in Illinois and yes, I do have some pics of the campsites throughout the years.  I'm currently scanning some pics right now so I'll be getting some more stuff up.  Back in the day the sites were a lot more private compared to now.

Well, then that's awesome that your folks brought you to Fort Wilderness every year.

Can't wait to see those campsite photos.

You're absolutely right.  Fort Wilderness actually used to have Wilderness.

TCD