A couple old pics from the Fort

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember on New Years Eve at the Fort two years ago.....after the fireworks on the beach, there were hundreds (it seems) of carts leaving the Settlement area honking their stupid horns.  It went on

I'm thinking this is the construction of the Meadow swimming pool.  It looks like the 1500 loop bus stop way off in the distance.

been gone a week or so, I'll try to start it up again, Wilderness Trail from spring of 1978.

Our first visit to the Fort was the fall of 77.  Just me and my wife on a road trip from NY in a do it ourselves conversion van.

We fell in love with the place and had a blast.  I remember the grocery truck, peacocks, petting zoo, swimming in the lake, resting in the hammocks, riding the train, and the Marshmallow Marsh excursion, walking the Wilderness/Swamp Trail

Full deli's at the stores, made to order sandwiches, and the Meadow TP had a lot of groceries.

Getting to see the Electrical Water Pageant for the first time.

The tram was a great way to get around, the log trash cans and wooden benches made the place special, lots of trees and bushes between sites, you couldn't see your neighbors even if you tried.. 

We went to the Luau at the Poly, back then you usually got reservations for the same night if you booked in the morning. 

Rode in the front of the monorail.

Got real good at figuring 3 A's and a B = an E ticket. (or whatever the ratio was).

Not having to look out for kids trying to run you over in golf carts!

Thanks for the photos. Brings back a lot of good memories 

I regret not taking any at the Fort. 

I have a few slides from the MK that we scanned and made photos of.  I'll have to locate and post them.

I hope you do a report on it because I am thinking about going up there next summer.

Sorry, no report. I still have all the pics from my thanksgiving trip that I was going to do a report on. Not enough time to do the whole photobucket thing. If you could just post pics with a click then I might have got it done. I know this is not the topic to discuss this...sorry

If he doesnt, I will. Will be at Elkmont next week. Can't wait.

Elkmont is an awesome campground. Wife won't camp there though due to no services (power/sewer). Enjoy the river that runs through it. It was the kids favorite time.

• 3 weeks later...