1.  Can you tube on Bay Lake?  I have not seen it, except in the current TCD TR.  So maybe you can.  Or maybe only if you are filming a commercial.

2.  Now I can't wait to go "to the middle of the lake to watch the fireworks".  That seems like a perfect place to watch them from.  How is it we have been to WDW a dozen times and never done that?    

All it takes is money.

$165 for the tubing on Bay Lake:  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/tubing/

baylaketubing_zpsd789e02e.jpg

And if you have to ask, you can't afford it for the Fireworks Cruise: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/specialty-cruises/

fireworkscruise_zps0a84b8d5.jpg

TCD

All it takes is money.

$165 for the tubing on Bay Lake:  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/tubing/

And if you have to ask, you can't afford it for the Fireworks Cruise: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/specialty-cruises/

TCD

I had a suspicion this might be the case.  Thanks for the fast link.....but now I can no longer be blissful in my ignorance of what I wasn't missing.

All you have to do is come up with the $$$.

The brain eating amoebae live in the mud on the bottom of the lake.  As long as you're in the deep water, and stay on or near the surface, you're probably OK.

TCD

thats why we have River country much safer. Just go there.

The Wishes cruises do run in the $300 range. I have split a boat with people in the past and it is fun to see the fireworks from out there. They pipe in the music too. Also you get a cruise around for an hour or so showing you the sites and animals on Bay Lake. 

The Wishes cruises do run in the $300 range. I have split a boat with people in the past and it is fun to see the fireworks from out there. They pipe in the music too. Also you get a cruise around for an hour or so showing you the sites and animals on Bay Lake. 

What animals do you see in the dark on Bay Lake?  Alligators?

Depending on time of year you actually can head out right around sunset. They took us over to Discovery Island and used a high powered flashlight to illuminate some of the different birds there. There were some other things I cant recall at the moment. Last time I went was in February a few years back and it ended up being a very very cold night. We were wrapped in blankets and brought hot chocolate with us to stay warm. 

Wishes cruises are fun. Great view of the fireworks. Our guide pointed out the best face at the wilderness lodge, not sure I would have noticed on my own.

The first one we took they told us to take all the snacks and sodas when we were done because if we didn't the guy had to put them away and he didn't feel like it. We probably ended up with 15 cans of soda and a dozen bags of chips!

We've done this for the Illuminations fireworks cruise. They even provided snacks and soft drinks. Very fun and you get super close viewing.

.....and I thought it was an instructional video for the four seasons on why not to cross over into the dark Forrest. Look what you may run into......trailer people oh my

• 8 months later...

See... another thing that I did not know existed.   What kind of boat is it?  Sounds like it's slow-moving?  If so... that would be my pace :)    

The tubing... I've NEVER seen anyone do this!  Parasailing, yes... tubing, no.  Interesting that it's even offered. 

That made me lol

We always watch Stacy while at WDW, how can you not!

I just googled Stacy to see what's up with her, I should have guessed she has her own webpage:

http://www.staceyjaswad.com/ 

WBI

Ya know, after checking that website out, she has lost a lot of luster for me.....Is that guy a boyfriend or something?  Wow, she scraped the bottom for him ("celebrity" or not).