• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was some interest in pictures of Bay Lake Tower from my trip Report.  Rather than having people have to go to my trip report, I will post my pictures and thoughts on this thread.  This way it wi

Let’s finally get into the room.   When you first walk in Closer up view of the picture when you first walk in. View of the door to the full bathroom off of the living room When turning left, th

The 1 and 2 Bedroom units have an extra Full Bathroom off of the living room, this post will show it.   Living Room Bathroom Shower Sink Mirror (Could not get a picture without me in it) Mor

Let’s get this thing moving this morning.  We will  move on to the Master Bedroom.  This is the same whether it is a 1 or 2 Bedroom.

Bed

DSC_2244_zps1c15aaf9.jpg

Bed with Blue pillow
DSC_2245_zpsbe16c163.jpg

Picture above Bed
DSC_2246_zpsebcb04ee.jpg

Picture of Bathtub from Bed area
DSC_2247_zpseb869a24.jpg

DSC_2248_zps730676b4.jpg

DSC_2249_zps226dca24.jpg

Picture showing divider between bathroom area and bedroom.  The tub is behind the divider.
DSC_2250_zps71ce088c.jpg

From Balcony (Also took to show the jetskis)
DSC_2256_zps5dba58d6.jpg

View from Balcony
DSC_2255_zps2c85ad73.jpg

DSC_2257_zpsb137efa6.jpg

DSC_2258_zps0bbd3fbe.jpg

We were on the side with the Skybridge. DSC_2260_zpsc4043359.jpg

DSC_2260_zpsc4043359.jpg

This is the area that they show the movie.  You can see the chairs along the bushes.
DSC_2263_zpscf0cd617.jpg

View of the main Contemporary Pool.
DSC_2264_zps4347877f.jpg

This pool is open 24 Hours.
DSC_2265_zps37fe700b.jpg

Water Sprites and during the day most of them out.

DSC_2266_zps2d85f8d0.jpg

Beach Area
DSC_2271_zps8731893d.jpg

Express Monorail about to go into Contemporary
DSC_2272_zpsc1d10064.jpg

California Grill
DSC_2274_zpsa6d9bd87.jpg

Will continue in next post.

Continuation of Master Bedroom and Balcony
DSC_2275_zps9dfb59cf.jpg

Looking directly below off the balcony
DSC_2276_zps8fede242.jpg

Balcony
DSC_2277_zps9aa58343.jpg

DSC_2278_zpsb4bbe65c.jpg

This one you can see the door that goes into the living room area.
DSC_2279_zpsae74b3ad.jpg

Desk area, what is odd about this desk is that there are NO drawers on it.  It does have 3 plugs for charging.

DSC_2280_zps95b19ecc.jpg

TV Area along with desk.  The storage space is the 4 drawers, plus a drawer in the black thing under the mirror on the left.  That is also a place to a suitcase.
DSC_2281_zpsa0639ca6.jpg

View from inside the room looking out towards the balcony
DSC_2282_zps9371ae8b.jpg

DSC_2283_zps175cee7e.jpg

Bathroom Door (Which are pocket doors).  Most of the doors in BLT seem to be pocket doors.
DSC_2285_zps1fe539f5.jpg

When BLT first came out, there complaints that there no locks on the bathroom doors.  Definitely a concern.  Looks like they fixed that.
DSC_2286_zpsbbd787be.jpg

View of Closet doors
DSC_2287_zpsf61a5a25.jpg

Looking into Master Bath
DSC_2288_zps7aa4cb5b.jpg

Main Sink area.  Yes, it Is a mess, was taken after a week of living.  One thing to note, most of the DVC’s if I remember correctly have 2 sinks.  This one only has one.
DSC_2289_zps11eecf0e.jpg

Spa Tub, yes those jets feel nice, especially when you do not want to walk downstairs.  Tubs are bigger in most other Resorts.
DSC_2290_zps5b1a48f4.jpg

Picture above Spa Tub
DSC_2291_zps9b347ca5.jpg

Shower
DSC_2292_zps625c7bc9.jpg

Yes, it is a Rain Shower
DSC_2293_zpsefa9047c.jpg

Shower Faucet
DSC_2294_zpse6c74f61.jpg

Picture in Toilet, Shower area.
DSC_2297_zps9362d53a.jpg

Toilet
DSC_2298_zpsc2a73cf9.jpg

Shelf that held the towels above toilet
DSC_2299_zps01ed0dd4.jpg

Closet with safe
DSC_2300_zps3b4c67f0.jpg

That ends the master bedroom and bath.

I think you're all crazy.

But thanks for the pics nonetheless. I love sitting on the balcony and watching the boats in the morning and the fireworks at night.

We have only been on the opposite side of the resort so seeing your pics shows us something different.

I think I still prefer the other side though, but seeing the monorails, marina, etc would be cool too.

Well, we only have a few pictures of the second bedroom.  The inlaws got into the room before I could take pictures and they left after us.  Did not want to take too many pictures of their stuff.

I think these are two queen beds.

DSC_2436_zps86baa176.jpg

Bathroom sink
DSC_2437_zps9dcfd770.jpg

Toilet and shower, just a normal shower behind the curtain
DSC_2438_zpsdb07aaeb.jpg

DSC_2439_zpsbc579efa.jpg

View of entertainment center
DSC_2440_zps5427a529.jpg

View from the second bedroom balcony

DSC_2441_zpsee5a0965.jpg

DSC_2442_zpsd270506d.jpg

DSC_2443_zps8d0cec19.jpg

DSC_2444_zps7cc585f9.jpg

That is it for the second bedroom.

I still have some pictures from at night that I will post in the next update.

DH thinks I'm crazy too.

Well, that is good to know.

I think you're all crazy.

But thanks for the pics nonetheless. I love sitting on the balcony and watching the boats in the morning and the fireworks at night.

We have only been on the opposite side of the resort so seeing your pics shows us something different.

I think I still prefer the other side though, but seeing the monorails, marina, etc would be cool too.

First time we stayed we had the mixed MK and Lake view.  I miss seeing the fireworks from the room, but the Frozen Fireworks were better than the MK.  We could also see the Illuminations Fireworks.  If we hurried we could go downstairs, catch the elevator up to the top and then watch the MK fireworks, a little late, but that would be all three sets of fireworks.

Considering how "Euro" looking those rooms are to me, I'm surprised they don't have those toilets with 2 buttons on top....one for #1 and one for #2. 

The toilets are considered residential, but for a commercial use.  How I do know that?  Well, ours would not flush right away.  So I opened up the top and well, it was definitely different.  I should have taken a picture.  So we called maintenance.  When we came back from the park, the maintenance guy was leaving.  He told me that information along with that we should have waited a few more minutes and it would have flushed.

Nice room! The furniture does match the theme, so I think they did a good job. Love the rain shower and tub!

The furniture does match the room, just not very comfortable.  I bet they could have gotten furniture made a little more comfortable along with the cushions actually staying on the chair and the couch.

Is the second bedroom a studio room that connects with the one bedroom suite?

The bathroom looks kind of blah compared to the bathroom in the one bedroom unit.

TCD

For this room, it is dedicated, so it is not a studio.  However, the room size is the same.  The bathroom is the same between a Studio and the dedicated second bedroom.  The difference is in a studio, the second bed becomes a pullout couch and there is a dorm room size fridge, extra sink and microwave, what they call a dinette area.  They also provide you paper plates and plastic ware.  There is also a coffee maker.

Looks like it is time for pictures of the pool.

Picture of the pool from the window right outside our door
DSC_2318_zps5e1417b6.jpg

Splash Ground.  There is no slide in this area, just an area for the kids to run around in.  The colored stuff is that rubbery material.

DSC_2321_zps74ca3515.jpg

Pool Pictures

DSC_2333_zps5dd3e83e.jpg

That is a baby slide.  It goes into about 3 feet of water.
DSC_2334_zps8de276b6.jpg

DSC_2346_zpse3c3dd3e.jpg

Zero Entry
DSC_2336_zpsa38cbe9a.jpg

Stairs to Slide
DSC_2337_zpsc6c6c967.jpg

View of BLT from Pool
DSC_2338_zps842a0c92.jpg

DSC_2339_zpsc7592703.jpg

Slide
DSC_2347_zps62d3873e.jpg

Walkway that goes under the slide
DSC_2348_zpscd28b278.jpg

DSC_2349_zpsf4a03773.jpg

DSC_2350_zps61462e8c.jpg

Slide Rules
DSC_2352_zps7a1a5a78.jpg

Eating area
DSC_2353_zpsc9ff0607.jpg

Drink machine Options
DSC_2354_zps034ff7a0.jpg

Cove Bar Menu
DSC_2355_zps073f2627.jpg

View of pool from Cove Bar area
DSC_2356_zps3c045ccc.jpg

Up Next – Grilling Area and other amenities at BLT.

This post contains some of the common areas of Bay Lake Tower like the grilling Area, Corn Hole, Shuffleboard, Ping Pong and Bocce areas

If you were not looking for the grilling area, you probably would not find it.  It is off of the pool but is kinda hidden.  Which is nice, I think the grills are far enough away that the smoke does not get to the pool area, but you never know.  I never noticed the area until the day before we were going to grill out.

Grilling Area
At BLT alone they have 4 grills that you can use.  You need to provide the charcoal, but you can check out Grill Utensils, which does include matches, from the Community Hall.

2 of the grills

DSC_2359_zpsbf671dec.jpg

Grill 3
DSC_2360_zps39b646ae.jpg

Grill 4
DSC_2361_zpsc424cc3d.jpg

Water Fountains
DSC_2362_zps58296048.jpg

Pavilion to sit at to eat or while waiting for food to cook, there are two picnic tables under the shelter
DSC_2363_zps34e5813a.jpg

DSC_2364_zps942c6112.jpg

Emergency Phone
DSC_2365_zps4af6f990.jpg

View of BLT from pavilion
DSC_2366_zps88f414b3.jpg

You must scan Magic Band at gate in order to enter the pool
DSC_2367_zpsc6cbda2f.jpg

Shuffleboard, there are two courts.  Equipment can be checked out at Community Hall.  No cost.
DSC_2368_zps74ba1426.jpg

Bamboo
DSC_2369_zps0f4656ee.jpg

Ping Pong table, looks like paddles and ping pong balls are left at the table.
DSC_2370_zps87eddd51.jpg

Corn Hole or Bean Bag Toss, Bags most likely checked out at Community Hall, no cost.

DSC_2371_zps7cb36630.jpg

DSC_2372_zps22443c36.jpg

Fountain
DSC_2373_zps929f243a.jpg

Fountain looking at the lobby indoors
DSC_2374_zpsc2cf231b.jpg

Bocce Courts, once again equipment can be checked out at Community Hall
DSC_2375_zps3f96dba2.jpg

Next some interior photos and some pictures at night.

The pool and recreation area is very nice.  Is all of this still exclusively for BLT guests?  Contemporary Resort guests are not allowed, right?

I really like the grilling area.

TCD

You are correct.  The Pool is exclusive to BLT guests, but the Grilling area, Corn Hole, Ping Pong, Bocce and Shuffleboard are not.  However to use most of those you need to be able to check things out from the Community Hall.  To get back into BLT from the pool/entertainment area you need to use your magic band or you could walk around the building to the front.

BLT guests are allowed to use the Contemporary pool.  There are no gates around it.

I think the only thing shared at night could be the campfire and the movie, however there was a firepit at the BLT pool.

You are correct.  The Pool is exclusive to BLT guests, but the Grilling area, Corn Hole, Ping Pong, Bocce and Shuffleboard are not.  However to use most of those you need to be able to check things out from the Community Hall.  To get back into BLT from the pool/entertainment area you need to use your magic band or you could walk around the building to the front.

BLT guests are allowed to use the Contemporary pool.  There are no gates around it.

I think the only thing shared at night could be the campfire and the movie, however there was a firepit at the BLT pool.

Is BLT the only DVC resort at WDW with an exclusive pool area?

(Not counting Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, of course.)

I think it is.

I haven't heard of an exclusive pool area at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club.

TCD

I think it is.

I haven't heard of an exclusive pool area at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club.

TCD

By exclusive, do you mean gated and secured for only DVC resort guests?  Cause of course the VWL have their own pool, but it's not secured. 

I think it is.

TCD

Technically, NO, but it is the only one that has Gate Access that is exclusive to that Resort.  Beach Club Villas has a small pool that is restricted to Beach Club Villas guests, but anyone can get to it.  Same with Wilderness Lodge.  Grand Floridian, do not know, but I do not know since I have not stayed there and I do not foresee Polynesian creating a separate pool.  Boardwalk has its own pool, but same thing anyone can get to it without a key.  AKL I do not know since I have not stayed there, but I do not recall them building a pool at Kidani Village, they built the Savannah instead.

As a DVC Member we are allowed to pool hop to the other DVC pools and main pools at the resort except BLT's and Storm-a-long bay at the Yacht and Beach Club.  Storm-a-long bay, they do check the keys and I assume MB's now to allow access into the pool area.  They have been doing that since we became members in 2002.  During Holiday seasons we are not allowed to pool hop at all.

By exclusive, do you mean gated and secured for only DVC resort guests?  Cause of course the VWL have their own pool, but it's not secured. 

Yes- that's what I was getting at.  Anyone can access the pool at VWL, plus it's more like a quiet pool.  It doesn't have any of the amenities that the BLT pool has.

Technically, NO, but it is the only one that has Gate Access that is exclusive to that Resort.  Beach Club Villas has a small pool that is restricted to Beach Club Villas guests, but anyone can get to it.  Same with Wilderness Lodge.  Grand Floridian, do not know, but I do not know since I have not stayed there and I do not foresee Polynesian creating a separate pool.  Boardwalk has its own pool, but same thing anyone can get to it without a key.  AKL I do not know since I have not stayed there, but I do not recall them building a pool at Kidani Village, they built the Savannah instead.

As a DVC Member we are allowed to pool hop to the other DVC pools and main pools at the resort except BLT's and Storm-a-long bay at the Yacht and Beach Club.  Storm-a-long bay, they do check the keys and I assume MB's now to allow access into the pool area.  They have been doing that since we became members in 2002.  During Holiday seasons we are not allowed to pool hop at all.

I forgot about AKL.  The Kidani Village pool is very nice, and has a bar, drink machine to refill mugs, and food.  I think that Jambo house guests can use it too.  Which is different from the situation at BLT.

I wonder what the though process was for giving the BLT such a nice pool and recreation area?  It's way nicer than what the other deluxe resorts have, except possibly AKL.

TCD

Yes- that's what I was getting at.  Anyone can access the pool at VWL, plus it's more like a quiet pool.  It doesn't have any of the amenities that the BLT pool has.

I forgot about AKL.  The Kidani Village pool is very nice, and has a bar, drink machine to refill mugs, and food.  I think that Jambo house guests can use it too.  Which is different from the situation at BLT.

I wonder what the though process was for giving the BLT such a nice pool and recreation area?  It's way nicer than what the other deluxe resorts have, except possibly AKL.

TCD

You are correct the pools at Beach Club, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge Villas are considered Quiet Pools.  Even Saratoga Springs and Old Key West have some pools that are considered quiet pools and some that are feature pools.

The only thing I can think of for BLT, is that A. they had the space and B. with the Monorail, they did not want people just going to the pool.  With it just being BLT guests it was fairly busy.   However, there were always chairs available and you were not bumper to bumper people like you are at the fort.  It would be nice if they gated the Fort People so only Fort guests could use it.

You are correct the pools at Beach Club, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge Villas are considered Quiet Pools.  Even Saratoga Springs and Old Key West have some pools that are considered quiet pools and some that are feature pools.

The only thing I can think of for BLT, is that A. they had the space and B. with the Monorail, they did not want people just going to the pool.  With it just being BLT guests it was fairly busy.   However, there were always chairs available and you were not bumper to bumper people like you are at the fort.  It would be nice if they gated the Fort People so only Fort guests could use it.

I figured that making the BLT pool exclusive was done to help sales.  It's a really nice pool, and knowing that it can only be used by guests staying in that resort is a big plus.

That's why I don't understand why there is not something similar at the Grand Floridian and Polynesian DVC's, both of which came after BLT.  I guess they figured they didn't need to dangle that carrot for sales there?

TCD