This place is fairly new (Waterslide Dining!) and in November wasn't available to make reservations for, although they told us this was going to change the first week in December.  The menu is tapas - small plates - and last I knew this was not on the dining plan.  There is some seating inside and a lovely covered area outside along the water.

988964_10205621098473948_399600377850876

Tingis Sampler - Merguez sausage, lamb slider, harissa chicken roll

1385066_10205621098633952_23212436193733

Brie fondue

1456761_10205621098793956_26469710552658

Calamari

Everything was really delicious.  The calamari was probably the best I've had in a long time.  And while these are all billed as "small plates" the calamari portion was good sized.  All tolled we ordered 3 things and it was plenty for the 2 of us for dinner.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Got into Spice Road Table without much wait and without an ADR yesterday at around 7 pm. I wish I had someone with me so I could have ordered a few more things to share. In the end I just got the lamb sausages. They had some nice spice to them and they hit the spot. They were served with a little tomato salad which was a nice contrast to the meat.

cMdlGM7.jpg

I can't find my receipt for this right now but I'm pretty sure they offered an AP discount here.

51 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We tried Spice Road Table on our last trip and won't be visiting there again.  I had calamari.  Tasteless and half of it was rubbery.  David had the lamb sausage.  It was better than my calamari, but not good enough for us to go back.

I had the Calamari at Spice Road. My experience was the same, greasy, rubbery, and just gross.

On 1/15/2017 at 8:45 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We tried Spice Road Table on our last trip and won't be visiting there again.  I had calamari.  Tasteless and half of it was rubbery.  David had the lamb sausage.  It was better than my calamari, but not good enough for us to go back.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:37 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I had the Calamari at Spice Road. My experience was the same, greasy, rubbery, and just gross.

That's a bummer because the time I had it there it was actually nice and fresh and not greasy or rubbery at all.  We had the lamb sausage that time too and it was good as well.  I wonder if they're having some issues with consistency?

23 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

A Disney restaurant having issues with consistency??  Say it ain't so!  

Hah! 

21 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Maybe so.  The day we were there, they had very few customers.  I thought that was odd.

I remember hearing reports when they first opened, but that's quite a while ago now.  But I've never seen this place busy, even with the prime waterside seating. (and yes, I totally just thought Water Slide LOL)

That said, they haven't really changed the menu up much, which is usually the first thing Disney does when a restaurant can't seem to attract diners (think Skipper Canteen).