• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been following the ongoing debate about the monorail and bus system. After listening to advocates of both sides intently I have found a picture that, IMHO, sums up the debate nicely. The woman

Aren't they pretty.

Not a picture, but while were on the subject of the over rated but cool looking monorails.

Fairness in reporting dictates that I reveal that I find the monorails to be a poor excuse for mass transit. They are the most flawed and expensive form of mass transit in use today.

Did you know that each monorail requires over 4 mechanics to maintain it, however one mechanic is able to maintain nearly 5 buses?

At today's estimated cost, a one mile monorail system is equal to the cost of 350 buses.

Monorails only service 3 of the 34 resorts on WDW property.

With the constant breakdowns, it should be converted into an attraction. That way the buses wouldn't have to bail their streamlined butts out of the fire on an almost weekly basis.

bus.gifbus.gifbus.gifbus.gif

This is for Magic Bus....

I posted these earlier on the park pictures thread. Here is something you don't get to see very often. You probably don't really want to see it if you are a monorail lover.

This is the tug that comes to pull the broken monorail back to the fix it barn...

MVC-215S-1.jpg

Hooking up monorail Lime...

MVC-217S-1.jpg

Pulling monorail Lime back to the barn...

MVC-223S-1.jpg

MVC-220S-1.jpg

Hey, Bombardier makes some cool stuff.

They look like they're waiting for someone to tow them. Is that even possible?

Nope - that thing is the tour bus of snowmobiles.  Luckily if we get stuck I've got enough crap packed in the suitcases to set up camp.  :bellringer:

It actually seats 3 - we take the middle seat out most of the time, but have gone out with the 2 of us and my nephew in the middle before.

That's really just Brian and his brother Eric enjoying the view on top of the mountain near our camp. 

This is for Magic Bus.

Here is something you don't get to see very often. You probably don't really want to see it if you are a monorail lover. This is the tug that comes to pull the broken monorail back to the fix it barn...

Ahh, but you would be mistaken TripleB, I see it all too frequently. In fact Friday the monorail  went down, so the tug had to go in and get it. Guess what happened?  The tug broke down. So now the tug needed a tug. It was a mess. Buses had to be diverted to TTC and the resorts most of the morning.

reminds me of a joke...

How many tow trucks does it take to change a MH tire in SC?

The 1st one they send is too small to lift a 38' MH

The 2nd one gets stuck in the soft shoulder

The 3rd one gets the 2nd one unstuck and lifts the MH

Ah, Disney Family Trip 1979..... good times!

(oh and I left out the part where a van pulls up with a family in it with a window A/C unit in the back window and a recliner in the back, and takes my dad to go "get help"... you can't make this stuff up!)

This is for Magic Bus.

Here is something you don't get to see very often. You probably don't really want to see it if you are a monorail lover. This is the tug that comes to pull the broken monorail back to the fix it barn...

Ahh, but you would be mistaken TripleB, I see it all too frequently. In fact Friday the monorail  went down, so the tug had to go in and get it. Guess what happened?  The tug broke down. So now the tug needed a tug. It was a mess. Buses had to be diverted to TTC and the resorts most of the morning.

I stand corrected...but then I'm not there as often as you. Thank goodness for the excellent bus service provided!  :bellringer:

The monorails smell like a horsebarn.  In all fairness, the horsebarn at FW smells better than the monorails.  But they are fun to ride.