I found these on The Main Street Mouse. 

“I keep looking on the map, and I don’t see where the Cookie Monster meet and greet is.”

“Mommy, when Ariel loses her fins and gets legs, does everyone see her butt?”

“I hear you can get some great Margaritas back near Dumbo in Fantasyland.”

“I paid too much money for this vacation, and you kids would rather play video games in the room than have fun at the “bleeping” Happiest Place on Earth!”

“The Cast Members give out free gifts to certain people at the end of the night.”

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2015/01/11/things-overheard-while-standing-in-line-at-wdw-2/

Anyone here have any gems of your own to share?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We ran in to a security guard who is am amateur comedian at the MK bag check.  The guest in front of us had a Star Wars backpack.   The guard asks the guest if he likes Star Wars.  The guest says yes.

I usually try and gauge if someone is even going to be receptive to me saying anything, and if so, look for an opening.     True, but I booked our first big WDW trip back in 2000 - way before I ever k

Hey now! Watch it! That was me. After the last time I tried to do the Beers Around the World Crawl. :cheers:

Any parent screaming at a crying kid telling them they are "going to have a good time or else"!

Sadly, my wife and I were just having that discussion last night. We're super excited for our AP's so that we don't have to worry about "doing everything" in our upcoming week trip. This time we get to scale back because we know we're coming back for 5-6 weeks this summer (staying offsite and I'll be working full time, but it'll give us time to go play).

Usually we're run so ragged that the kids are tired, us parents are tired, and everyone ends up grumpy. I've been in the shoes of that screaming parent, "I spent a crap-ton of money to be here, enjoy it dang it!"

I think I can top that.

Overheard by TCD Twin #1 aboard the TTC parking tram:

"Which stop is for the Imagine parking section?"

(That's the name of one of the parking areas at Epcot).

(This guest was on the TTC parking tram).

(at 2 am).

TCD

OUCH!

I think I can top that.

Overheard by TCD Twin #1 aboard the TTC parking tram:

"Which stop is for the Imagine parking section?"

(That's the name of one of the parking areas at Epcot).

(This guest was on the TTC parking tram).

(at 2 am).

TCD

Hey now! Watch it! That was me.

After the last time I tried to do the Beers Around the World Crawl. :cheers:

Overheard from someone in 2012 in the standby line: "I can believe they paid extra to get in the short line". I didn't tell them.

That reminds me of the several occasions lately that I've been behind guests trying to scan their MB's at the Mine Train ride in the MK, and being told they don't have any FP+'s scheduled on their MB's.

People show up at the parks with their MB's and think they can just walk up to an attraction and ride it.  Since the Mine Train is new, that apparently is where they head first.

What a jolt to the system it must be for them when they find out that they were supposed to schedule their FP+'s 60 days earlier.

I like how the CM's at the Mine Train smile and direct the guests over to the FP kiosks across the way.  They don't have to deal with the ugliness which is likely to ensue.

TCD

That reminds me of the several occasions lately that I've been behind guests trying to scan their MB's at the Mine Train ride in the MK, and being told they don't have any FP+'s scheduled on their MB's.

People show up at the parks with their MB's and think they can just walk up to an attraction and ride it.  Since the Mine Train is new, that apparently is where they head first.

What a jolt to the system it must be for them when they find out that they were supposed to schedule their FP+'s 60 days earlier.

I like how the CM's at the Mine Train smile and direct the guests over to the FP kiosks across the way.  They don't have to deal with the ugliness which is likely to ensue.

TCD

I know, at least for me, a trip to Disney is a little work, it may be magical but you have to help make the magic happen. When we figured we were finally going to return in November 2015, I started planning, and I will probably be planning up to the day I leave. Since we don't get there as much as many on this site, I try to make the best possible trip I can for the girls. Of course the new fastpass system is new and I need to figure it out, so thats what I will do.

I think some people think that all they do is enter and poof it's their World.

Best Regards,

Norm

I think some people think that all they do is enter and poof it's their World.

That happened even before FP+ so no surprise it still does.  You can usually spot those people a mile away, and I'd imagine they are the originators of a whole lot of interesting "things overheard in line."  8)

I've always been mystified by people who plan to spend several/many thousands of dollars on a WDW vacation and do not even so a little bit of research, much less planning.

The best are the people that show up Christmas week without any kind of clue, who spend their entire time waiting in line for hours, and eating QS burgers, then rant about how they're never going back to WDW ever again because it's so awful.

I've had this kind of thing happen in my own family where, despite me giving them a bunch of info ahead of time, they showed up to MK for an afternoon, completely unprepared. They essentially walked in, met Mickey, rode the train around, bought some toys and left.  And then swore it would be a really long time before they ever go back.

:wacko:

TCD

Same thing happens with Dining Reservations and the silly dining plan. Folks go on the Disney website, click, reserve a hotel, click, have their tickets, click, have dining.

They think they are done.

Show up, and can't find a place available to use those dining credits!

I've had this kind of thing happen in my own family where, despite me giving them a bunch of info ahead of time, they showed up to MK for an afternoon, completely unprepared. They essentially walked in, met Mickey, rode the train around, bought some toys and left.  And then swore it would be a really long time before they ever go back.

:wacko:

Our friends sister,brother in law and 2 kids essentially did the above, but didn't complain. 

We were at our friends house the next day and his sister was saying how they saw the entire MK in one day and did everything.

Now granted this was back in the 80s and the crowds weren't as bad, but still.

So we asked them well did you go on this ride... blank stare, what about this show, deer in the headlight look.

We never did quite figure out what they saw, because everything we asked them about they didn't do.

But they were happy...

I laugh thinking about my first trip to Disney with my grandparents. It was dec 87 I think. For some reason we went to Epcot first and me and my sister ,11 and 7, loved it. Never left Future World. The next day we went to MK. Loved the Monorail. Walked up Main St and through the castle into Fantasyland. I never looked at any map and while I still have the maps and brochures my grandparents had I don't think they did either. We looked at the carousel and Dumbo. Rode those and maybe the speedway and decided MK was lame. We went back to Epcot and road everything there again. Never returned to MK. Never saw the rest of the park.

Well not till my honeymoon when I researched the heck out of Disney.

There was actually a "thing" called Overheard at Walt Disney World - they had a website, FB page and Twitter feed, but it looks like the site is gone and the FB page hasn't been updated for a few years.

Some good ones they'd posted...

https://www.facebook.com/OHatWDW

those bricks outside MK are the names of people who've played Mickey. They're dead.

Mommy, why did the man give me a mickey sticker when I didn't want one?

Husband: Told you not to wear heels. Wife: All I packed was heels.

(in Epcot at Mexico pavilion) Now we're in Egypt!

Why does it surprise you that people don't plan. If you've never been to how would you know to plan for FP or dining rezzies. What other park does that. I don't plan when I go to six flags. Why? I don't have to. Disney has created a system that IMHO makes it easier for them. I don't generally have to wait inline at six flags for more then 20-30 Minutes to ride any ride.

I grew up in Southern California and went to Disneyland dozens of times. They never had FPs. Even today you can't schedule FP+ there. Heck up until recently there wasn't anything called a FP+ And with the exception of holidays and new attractions you generally don't have to wait as long to ride attractions there like you do at disneyworld.

. I feel sorry for people that save up for a once in a lifetime trip and call their TR and never even heard of a FP+. Y'all need to remember that we, the fiends, are the exception. We are lucky to have gone several times to the World and have great people who write TRs that we learn from.

Ok. I'll get off my soapbox. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Why does it surprise you that people don't plan. If you've never been to how would you know to plan for FP or dining rezzies. What other park does that. I don't plan when I go to six flags. Why? I don't have to.

True, but you don't probably drag your family halfway across the country for a couple of weeks and drop 10k on a trip to Six Flags either.

Personally I can't imagine booking that substantial a trip without knowing what I was getting into.

True, but you don't probably drag your family halfway across the country for a couple of weeks and drop 10k on a trip to Six Flags either.

Personally I can't imagine booking that substantial a trip without knowing what I was getting into.

And I agree!

I've heard so many dumb or false statements from guests through the years ... seriously, people!  Why didn't you do your homework?

By no means do I consider myself a Disney expert, but there have been to many times for me to recall that I have had to bite my tongue not to correct people when they are sharing Disney "facts" with people.

I found on our last trip that I was turning into that "helpfull" person. If someone is try to figure out how to get someplace or when something is happening I will help if I can. But sometimes I just sit back and shake my head while people do some of the dumbest things.

The best is watching someone ask a cm for advice and doing the complete opposite with "thats not what I heard from...." . Then why did you ask?

It seems even worse at Disney but I think a lot of people just turn off their brains completely on vacation. Having grown up in the tourist business Ive seen it all my life. While 20 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico on a 65ft fishing boat my mom had a man come up to her and ask how far above sea level were they, she looked over the rail and said about 5ft.