Wonder if we could just load it into the back of our pickups ( for those of us that tow with truck). Eliminate the need for a trailer.

I know this post is old. But, the answer is no. I tried getting a rental for this past summer when we thought we were going to be at the Fort and 2 different campgrounds and wanted a rental for 2 months. Longest story shortest, they won't let you put the golf cart in your truck.

Seems like the most customer friendly approach would be for a cart company to have a lot near FW and have a trailer for each rental GC. That way it's one stop on the way to the Fort, or one trip out to pick up. Then one trip back to drop off the GC and trailer combo when you leave.

You'd have to find a spot for the trailer for your stay and the GC company would have to cover the cost of the extra trailers and insurance for same. Don't know if it would work, but it sure would simplify the process.

It's a shame that they can't work something out w/ Disney to give them a cut of the rental fee in exchange for access to the Fort.

It's a shame that they can't work something out w/ Disney to give them a cut of the rental fee in exchange for access to the Fort.

I believe there's not enough money to be made doing that. It's my understanding that's exactly what Disney did with rental trailers and with the real small guys/small units, there wasn't enough margin to make it worth their effort.

I know this post is old. But, the answer is no. I tried getting a rental for this past summer when we thought we were going to be at the Fort and 2 different campgrounds and wanted a rental for 2 months. Longest story shortest, they won't let you put the golf cart in your truck.

I guess that would mean he would not let me put it on my truck after the Smart was unloaded. I was giving that a thought for our next trip.

• 2 months later...

Just have to give a shout out to Kenny here.....we rented from him last week and had an issue with our cart.  As it was one of the busiest times of the year, he had no other available carts to swap us out with.  Cart still worked even with the issue so we just lived with it because Disney was also sold out.  When we returned the cart he told us it was no charge due to the problems.

Have done business with him for years, before we had our own cart and now on short trips it's too far to drag ours down there we use him.  Always get excellent service!

I rented from Kenny and will do so again. I will NOT, however, trust his guy to hitch the trailer to my truck. It's entirely my fault that I let him and that I didn't verify it- but in my defense, it was a coupler that I'd never seen before and didn't understand how it worked. The trailer stayed hitched getting back to the Fort, but when I drove the cart onto the rear, it turned into a terrible see-saw and the trailer came unhitched from the truck. I got lucky that there was no damage to the truck and no one was around helping me. I ended up with a 6-person cart fully on the trailer and the tongue firmly on the ground. All while blocking the loop. A few guys helped me lift it up onto the ball and then we rehitched it properly.

My big disappointment was the general lack of response. The guy I returned the trailer to said "Sorry" but didn't seem to care. And I ended up texting my contact who said Kenny would call and, unfortunately, he didn't.

Pretty scary, pretty frustrating. If you do the trailer thing and use your truck/their trailer- double check the hitching. It was likely a 1-off occurrence, but once was more than I cared to experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On May 3, 2016 at 0:25 AM, hunter99 said:

We are going to try him on an upcoming trip. As for hitching to my truck, I do that. I never let anyone else hitch to my vehicle. 

You can absolutely do it yourself.  He and his staff are friendly, cooperative, and we have always found they are very flexible/adaptable to our needs.  

We have had different guys meet us for pick up.  I am sorry to read that someone had a bad experience, but again, I have only had the best of service from him and his staff.  

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy looping in your cart!

On 5/3/2016 at 11:25 PM, hunter99 said:

We are going to try him on an upcoming trip. As for hitching to my truck, I do that. I never let anyone else hitch to my vehicle. 

I have the same rule and broke it recently.  Long story short, my brother had to buy me a new tailgate.  :)

I plan on using Kenny again as well, can't wait!  Just 29 days to go...

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up. Used Kenny and everything went great. Ended up having to use his truck as my hitch is a little low but the total time to drive over, meet him, take the truck and trailer, drop off, and bring back to him was around 45 minutes. 

He was busy on check out so I just had to drop it off with the next customer.

Not a single problem, couldn't have been happier.

1 hour ago, hunter99 said:

Just a follow up. Used Kenny and everything went great. Ended up having to use his truck as my hitch is a little low but the total time to drive over, meet him, take the truck and trailer, drop off, and bring back to him was around 45 minutes. 

He was busy on check out so I just had to drop it off with the next customer.

Not a single problem, couldn't have been happier.

Great to hear - thanks!

It seems Kenny's been very careful not to push his luck with Disney, and that includes never putting any kind of branding or advertising on his carts.

Great to hear - thanks!

It seems Kenny's been very careful not to push his luck with Disney, and that includes never putting any kind of branding or advertising on his carts.

This. We've used his carts for the last several years, he's always been great to deal with.