Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast

From Doctor Disney...

Emma Watson Confirms Role Of Belle In Live-Action ‘Beauty and the Beast’
January 26, 2015 by Doctor Disney Leave a Comment

emma-watson-belle.png

There have been plenty of rumors as to which actress would end up playing Belle in Disney’s live-action Beauty and the Beast, and now it is known. Emma Watson, of Harry Potter fame, confirmed on Monday morning that she will don the big yellow dress.

Per her official Facebook page:

I’m finally able to tell you… that I will be playing Belle in Disney’s new live-action Beauty and the Beast! It was such a big part of my growing up, it almost feels surreal that I’ll get to dance to ‘Be Our Guest’ and sing ‘Something There’. My six year old self is on the ceiling – heart bursting. Time to start some singing lessons. I can’t wait for you to see it. Emma xx

Some other rumors had come about last year that Kristen Stewart would land in the role of Belle, but it’s obvious those were just early assumptions.

The live-action Cinderella is due out in March, and Disney is looking to keep bringing actual life to its Princesses. Emma Watson stepping into the role of Belle seems oh-so-appropriate a fit.

Join the “I’m So Disney…” group on Facebook to discuss this and many other Disney things with anyone and everyone.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/01/26/emma-watson-confirms-role-belle-live-action-beauty-beast/

• 1 month later...

From Chip & Company...

Live Action Beauty and the Beast may have found its Gaston

March 5, 2015 by Loretta Comment Here!

The-Crow-3-600x400.jpg

Negotiations are in the works for the casting of our resident villain, Gaston, in Disney’s newest live-action production “Beauty and the Beast”. Luke Evans has been in talks for the role. Fans of “Beauty and the Beast” will look forward to seeing how Evans might portray the evil Gaston who after unsuccessfully trying to win the love of Belle, rallies up the townfolk to “catch the beast”.

At this time, production which will not being until later this year, as “Harry Potter” star Emma Watson with producers David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman and director Bill Condon on the list.   Although we don’t have a release date for the movie or other characters cast yet, we can say that based on the excellent re-telling of “Cinderella”, we can expect the same or better for “Beauty and the Beast”.    Other movies Disney is working on are a 3-D retelling of “The Jungle Book” and “Pete’s Dragon“.

http://www.chipandco.com/live-action-beauty-beast-gaston-208582/

Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' Casting Dan Stevens as the Beast (Exclusive)

4:50 PM PST 3/4/2015 by Borys Kit

Emma Watson and Luke Evans are already on board.

dan_stevens.jpg

AP Images/Invision

Dan Stevens

Dan Stevens, the breakout actor of Downton Abbey and last year's cult action movie The Guest, is in negotiations to play the Beast/Prince in Disney's live-action retelling of Beauty and the Beast, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Full article...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-beauty-beast-casts-dan-779323

• 1 year later...

From Inside the Magic...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Disney%E2%80%99s+%E2%80%9CBeauty+and+the+Beast%E2%80%9D+is+a+live-action+re-telling+of+the+studio%E2%80%99s+animated&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Today a new official poster was released featuring the Enchanted Rose.

BATB_appleposter_teaser_2764x4096_r01

Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” is a live-action re-telling of the studio’s animated classic which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs. “Beauty and the Beast” is the fantastic journey of Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman who is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince within.

The film stars: Emma Watson as Belle; Dan Stevens as the Beast; Luke Evans as Gaston, the handsome, but shallow villager who woos Belle; Oscar® winner Kevin Kline as Maurice, Belle’s eccentric, but lovable father; Josh Gad as Lefou, Gaston’s long-suffering aide-de-camp; Golden Globe® nominee Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, the candelabra; Oscar nominee Stanley Tucci as Maestro Cadenza, the harpsichord; Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette, the feather duster; six-time Tony Award® winner Audra McDonald as Madame Garderobe, the wardrobe; Oscar nominee Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, the mantel clock; and two-time Academy Award® winner Emma Thompson as the teapot, Mrs. Potts.

Directed by Oscar® winner Bill Condon from a screenplay by TBD based on the 1991 animated film, the film is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman with eight-time Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken, who won two Academy Awards® (Best Original Score and Best Song) for the 1991 animated film, providing the score, which will include new recordings of the original songs written by Menken and Howard Ashman, as well as several new songs written by Menken and three-time Oscar winner Tim Rice. “Beauty and the Beast” will be released in theatres on March 17, 2017.

• 4 months later...