Yes, I have a few more food photos, this time from Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano.  We booked a reservation for here to also include reserved seating for Fantasmic.  With the booking you pay a fixed price for an appetizer, entree and desert.

I ordered the calamari, nothing really interesting there, but here is Becky's Seared Fennel-Crusted Tuna:

DSC_0578-XL.jpg

Both of us ordered the same entree, the Chicken Campanelle:

DSC_0580-XL.jpg

Finally, dessert was a medley of tasty treats that we shared:

DSC_0581-XL.jpgad

The food was excellent, and more then we could finish (note the take home bag).  We broke about even cost wise had we ordered everything separate, but it really paid for itself with the seats we got for Fantasmic:

DSC_0671-XL.jpg

We are major Disney-foodies (spending easily as much on dining as we do on Fort-fees and gas combined) and Mama Melrose is still one of our best experiences! Certainly hope it survives the Star Wars expansion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... Mama Melrose is still one of our best experiences! Certainly hope it survives the Star Wars expansion.

That's really good to hear!  Like I said, I never heard much about Mama Melrose and sometimes forget it's even there. It's good to hear first-hand accounts.

I hadn't thought about the Star Wars expansion.  Hmm....

Coincidentally, Disney Food Blog just posted this...

Spicy Tomato Butter at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano

Recently, we’ve been enjoying some truly incredible meals at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano. This quirky eatery in Disney’s Hollywood Studios has plenty of traditional Italian fare on offer, but they can also surprise with a creative twist or two.

Strip-Steak-Mama-Melrose-600x442.jpg

Mama Melrose Makes an Incredible Steak and Mac and Cheese Combo!

During my last couple of visits, I’ve had the opportunity to enjoy their Spicy Tomato Butter! You’ll find this amazing sauce on their Oak-Fired Mussels, but if you’re not interested in ordering said Mussels, consider requesting some of the Spicy Tomato Butter with your bread.

Bread-Mama-Melrose-482x625.jpg

Bread with Spicy Tomato Butter and Other Accompaniments

And I’m so glad I asked the server for this “off the menu” request, because that butter is incredible! Spicy, savory, and rich, it’s delicious served with bread.

In fact, on one recent visit, the server actually brought it to me slightly melted, like a dipping sauce! Heaven.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/02/16/tips-from-the-dfb-guide-secret-must-have-orders-that-arent-on-any-menu/

• 1 month later...

We also went here as part of the Fantasmic package. This was my first time at Mama Melrose's.

For my starter I had the mozzarella with tomato and balsamic. It was just OK. I think my sister won with the seared tuna that was posted earlier in this thread.

psbvXs0l.jpg

For my main I had the saltimbocca. It didn't knock my socks off either, but the portions were big. I couldn't finish it.

cJppDyyl.jpg

I thought dessert as part of the package was rather strange. The kids each got the spaghetti and meatball cupcake - they were BIG! And presumably tasty since they finished them and I didn't get a single bite. My sister got a gluten free dessert (I forget now what it was), and this tray was sent for the remaining 3 adults to share. It's hard to tell from the photo, but these are pretty small. It wasn't going to be easy to cut each one into three, so I took the amaretto cheesecake (far left) and my Mom and BIL split the remaining two. They said the panna cotta wasn't their favorite.

QGXFV7Rl.jpg

wendinator, I also got the mozzarella and tomatoes and wasn't impressed with it. I think I felt like it was bland. And the dessert was blah. I wasn't overly impressed with any of them. I got the pizza, though, and that was really yummy. Our friends got the steak and loved every last bite of it.

I was tempted by the margherita flabread, but since the Fantasmic package is a fixed price and you can order any appetizer and main, it seemed silly to get a $13 flatbread instead of a $24 pork tenderloin. If I find myself there again under similar circumstances, I'll gladly try the steak.

Neglected to mention that the kids meal was supposed to include a kiddie appetizer (soup or salad), which both kids ordered and yet never arrived. When I asked our server about it he brought a cup of apple slices with the bill for them to take to go. :-\

I was tempted by the margherita flabread, but since the Fantasmic package is a fixed price and you can order any appetizer and main, it seemed silly to get a $13 flatbread instead of a $24 pork tenderloin. If I find myself there again under similar circumstances, I'll gladly try the steak.

Agreed. We did it on the dining plan and I sure felt like it was wasted money. But I'm a sucker for wood fired pizza. I can honestly say it was very good and I was full by the time I got to it.

Neglected to mention that the kids meal was supposed to include a kiddie appetizer (soup or salad), which both kids ordered and yet never arrived. When I asked our server about it he brought a cup of apple slices with the bill for them to take to go. :-\

Our service there was pretty bad this past time. Very ill-informed waiter and just no personality.