Does anyone have or looked at the livin lite brand products? They are light weight and low maintenance from what I'm seeing. The only thing I see is they're rugged as far as looks with no faux pax paneling, cheapy linoleum and fake wood floors to rot. Not sure anyone would want to rent something like that either. The cabinets are metal too so not really much eye appeal but durable for sure. It would cut my weight almost in half for my conventional toy hauler.

We looked at the smaller Livin Light trailers when we were looking last year. We liked a lot of the features and all aluminum construction but that also put them out of the price range we were looking to stay within for our first trailer. The ones at our local dealer weren't as sterile as the toy hauler you show. While the cabinets are aluminum they have a wood grain covering on the doors and black frames. One thing that did put us off was the couple of used trailers on the lot both had rust forming in the stainless steel sinks making me wonder if other items were of lower quality materials. That being said we would consider Livin Light when we get our next trailer.

They have a carpet package so they don't seem so industrial.the one thing I was thinking is they would be easier to clean and much cleaner for a customer because you can wipe everything down whereas cloth and carpet could hold germs and dirt.

We have a Camplite 21BHS from LivinLite.  We've had it for about a year and a half.  It's been excellent.  The aluminum construction and no wood really make it a tough trailer.  We towed it from Florida to Arizona and Utah in September and it towed great, even in high cross winds and heavy rain.  The cabinets have very nice latches on them, similar to those found on airplane access doors, so the doors cannot open during travel.  The cabinet frames are actually welded parts of the trailer outer frame and VERY solid.  They are easy to tow, and it works great with our Ram 1500.  While I use an Andersen hitch it is more as a safety factor for the added sway and bounce control.  I've towed it with just a conventional ball with no problems or sway.  

CLICK HERE for a description of the trailer we have.

HERE is their main web site

and HERE is a forum dedicated to LivinLite trailers  (I'm one of the moderators on that one)

Like I said, they are really nice trailers.  If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for that info DJ. No matter how much you use your camper that's the old traditional fiberglass and wood it's going to have issues. These livin lite trailers really seem to eliminate that. More expensive of course but I'm thinking at my age this would probably be the last RV I'd need for a while.

Thank you for that info DJ. No matter how much you use your camper that's the old traditional fiberglass and wood it's going to have issues. These livin lite trailers really seem to eliminate that. More expensive of course but I'm thinking at my age this would probably be the last RV I'd need for a while.

That is exactly the thinking that pushed us to the Camplite.  Apart from the cushions, and of course the electronics, you can literally hose down the camper without damaging the walls, flooring, cabinets, etc.  Plus, although they are not as fancy as other trailers, they are very nice and enjoyable.  Think of them as good, solid, basic campers.  

Doug

Donnie, long time no see. As you know we get a new unit every couple years for some strange reason and its always a toy hauler. We recently purchased a new Forrest river wolf pack which will fit our needs but maybe not everyone else's. We looked at the livin lites and two things turned us away. First was the price. As you know the trailer is all lightweight aluminum which increases the price significantly. We could not see paying the upwards of $50k for a utility trailer with garage type cabinets, no carpet and no slide. The second was the lack of comfort of a travel trailer. I would think if you were an avid dirt bike rider or ATV rider/ racer, this would be the trailer for you. If your looking to add to your rental fleet I don't think its a nice family camper for the fort. If it's for yourself and your looking to ride at Ocala on the weekends. It may be good. I think there are many more options out there for a lightweight toy hauler that would be more comfortable and practical. We need to catch up some day

Livin' Lite was created and founded by my high school classmate Scott Tuttle.  They make a solid product and there is a culture of quality at the manufacturing level. Recently acquired by Thor (not necessarily a plus IMO) they now have deeper pockets for marketing and product development. Many units to strike me as a bit bland, but they are certainly well built.

Friends of ours had gotten a CampLite a couple of years ago.  Initially they had a lot of problems with it, but they were quickly ironed out and once that was done they loved their little trailer.  They only traded it in when they decided to go full time and getting a class A was a better option for them.  We had dinner with them while in Florida and they said while they need the space, they miss the ease and convenience of the small trailer.

• 2 years later...