• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go for closet space and you can always build or purchase a ladder.

That was our thought on that too... soon, she will be able to get herself in/out and it's just the bed so it's only at night.

You have to remember that RV dealers are not like auto dealers. You can end up at the bottom of the service list, they put their customers first. Some dealers have even been known to refuse warranty

Okay... this has to be an April Fool's joke.  Keep in mind that we signed the Purchase Agreement and submitted a $2500 deposit check (which CW cashed) back on February 28th.  I received this email, today:

Mrs. Siver,

I just received an update on your ordered Jayco White hawk. When we placed your order they were in the process of switching to 2016 models and they weren’t able to get your 2015 scheduled before the cut off. They are now starting the production of the 2016 models this week but they have completely changed the product and increased the price. I’m still waiting to get the pricing from the Jayco on the 2016 models. I’m truly sorry for the delay and the confusion. I do have a 2015 model available that just came offline and is at one of my locations that has all the options plus an electric tongue jack and electric stabilizing jacks that you ordered with your unit with the exception of the sky light in the kitchen. I will would be able to include these new features that are on this unit at no cost to you if this is something you would consider. If not I have attached the new look and features of the 2016 models and I would be more than happy to work you out an amazing deal on one them. Please review and let me know what you decide. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

You've got to be kidding me!  I knew not to trust CW....

Sorry this is happening to you. I got burned by them twice. Ask for your deposit back since you can't get the product you ordered and run swiftly to another dealer. Sadly CW owns all the dealers in a 60mi radius of me with the exception of one down in MD which is just barely a notch above CW in games they play. Warranty work on my next unit will be anything but convenient because of this.

Good luck with all if this

Sent from my iPhone

Then the one they have on their lot should be cheaper, since you paid for one with a skylight. I would start renegotiating for a cheaper price. The electric tongue jack and stabilizers are probably part of the package, not individually priced. Good luck

Best Regards,

Norm

I would take the 2015 and make em put a skylight in AT NO EXTRA COST!!!

They say they have a call into Jayco, to see if Jayco will take the camper back and install a skylight (and warranty it).   I am so angry as I truly believe that they were either (at best) lazy or they were dishonest.  According to Jayco... the dealerships have a portal of sorts that allows them to see EXACTLY where campers are on the production line which means they should have known weeks ago that there was a hiccup.

Sorry this is happening to you. I got burned by them twice. Ask for your deposit back since you can't get the product you ordered and run swiftly to another dealer. Sadly CW owns all the dealers in a 60mi radius of me with the exception of one down in MD which is just barely a notch above CW in games they play. Warranty work on my next unit will be anything but convenient because of this. Good luck with all if this Sent from my iPhone

I would, in a heartbeat, if I could find another dealership that sold Jayco in our area.  It took us a long time to narrow down the choice (to the Jayco Whitehawk), so the idea of switching is so upsetting.

Then the one they have on their lot should be cheaper, since you paid for one with a skylight. I would start renegotiating for a cheaper price. The electric tongue jack and stabilizers are probably part of the package, not individually priced. Good luck

Best Regards,

Norm

Electric tongue jack and skylight are included in the basic package; the electric stabilizers are an upgrade.  We don't care about the stabilizers... we do about the skylight  :(

Sorry to hear about your problems. It certainly has a way of taking the shine off of things. If CW is willing to give you the same model as you ordered and can get Jayco to install a skylight on it I would go ahead with the purchase. I would not however allow them much time to get this resolved. If they can't say yes or no by the end of the week then I would look at getting my money back or request a significant discount on the 2015 to compensate you for your troubles.

Sorry to hear about your problems. It certainly has a way of taking the shine off of things. If CW is willing to give you the same model as you ordered and can get Jayco to install a skylight on it I would go ahead with the purchase. I would not however allow them much time to get this resolved. If they can't say yes or no by the end of the week then I would look at getting my money back or request a significant discount on the 2015 to compensate you for your troubles.

Thanks... good advise.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Nacole.  Hope it all works out to your satisfaction!

Thanks Gwen.  I've had a chance to breath some now.  Trying to keep it all in perspective :)

I would demand my deposit back and call the dealer in TN and see what they can tell you about the 2015 model availability. This way you would have a second story from a somewhat unbiased source, and possibly an option to negotiate a bit better price now that the 15's are on their way out. No personal bad experiences with CW, but the dealer in our area parted ways with CW about 18 months ago, and I had heard it was due to customer service. It sounds to me like your dealer did not place the order until very recently, as I would think they would have known before now. 

Did you ever look into CSRA Camperland?

No... we hadn't look at them.  I think it's because we tried to keep our search at 150 miles or less (plus one specific floor plan once we narrowed it down to the Whitehawk) and they didn't have one.

I would demand my deposit back and call the dealer in TN and see what they can tell you about the 2015 model availability. This way you would have a second story from a somewhat unbiased source, and possibly an option to negotiate a bit better price now that the 15's are on their way out. No personal bad experiences with CW, but the dealer in our area parted ways with CW about 18 months ago, and I had heard it was due to customer service. It sounds to me like your dealer did not place the order until very recently, as I would think they would have known before now. 

I actually called Jayco corporate directly and spoke with their VP of Sales.  Long story short... CW screwed up.  We signed the purchase agreement on 2/28/15 (Saturday).  I emailed both our salesperson and the sales manager on 3/4/15 (Wednesday) to confirm that the order went to Jayco on Monday, 3/2/15.  I was told it had.   Jayco advised me that IF they had received the order as late as 3/18/15, our trailer would be in production and CW would have it by the end of this month (April).  CW didn't put the order in on time.  Jayco will start production of the 2016 in May, but those won't be ready until mid to late June.  We have 2 camping trips planned for May and one (possibly two) in June.

As it stands right now, Jayco contacted CW to see what could be done to get the 2015 in IN to us; CW called my husband and said that they will install the sunroof and Jayco will warranty it (I'll get confirmation from this, from Jayco).   I may reach out to CW corporate and get them involved as well.... I'd like to take possession no later than May 1st.  But I want it to look and "run"  PERFECT.

Boy that just pisses me off!

First thing you should do is call the BBB an file a complaint. Then do what DIT said. Then tell your story on EVERY social media site you could find. I would also call all the local news channels and newspapers. Some news organizations have a consumer watchdog that loves these kind of stories.

I would tell CW that you want the 2015 and you want it now with the skylight in it. Then when it came to the dealership and they put in the skylight I would say that since it's not exactly what I ordered and they didn't place the order in time I want a BIG discount or I want my deposit back. If they say no discount get your deposit back and let them eat the lose. They are going to have pay to ship it to their store and pay for the skylight and the labor to install it.

I have a few other ideas but then you might think I was vindictive.

Boy that just pisses me off!

First thing you should do is call the BBB an file a complaint. Then do what DIT said. Then tell your story on EVERY social media site you could find. I would also call all the local news channels and newspapers. Some news organizations have a consumer watchdog that loves these kind of stories.

I would tell CW that you want the 2015 and you want it now with the skylight in it. Then when it came to the dealership and they put in the skylight I would say that since it's not exactly what I ordered and they didn't place the order in time I want a BIG discount or I want my deposit back. If they say no discount get your deposit back and let them eat the lose. They are going to have pay to ship it to their store and pay for the skylight and the labor to install it.

I have a few other ideas but then you might think I was vindictive.

How do you really feel?  ;)    Honestly, the error is irritating... but what makes me angry (and sad) is the dishonestly.  I CANNOT stand it when people lie.  They should have come out and said, "we screwed up... but we're going to do everything now to make it right for you".  Instead, they put it on Jayco.  As I told the VP of Jayco... that it wrong.

I'd go on rv.net and post something about this to Marcus Lemonis in the CW RV Sales Forum.  He should know about screw ups like this.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/95.cfm

I had considered this... wonder if he actually reads or gets info on the posts.  We've watched the man's show several times and he seems genuinely interested in doing the right thing, so you would think he'd want to know that the reputation he company has... is not great.  Heck, most I talk to say it's not even good.  Having said that, I'm sure several have reached out to him in the past....so he probably does not.  Dollars may just be more important.  

I had considered this... wonder if he actually reads or gets info on the posts.  We've watched the man's show several times and he seems genuinely interested in doing the right thing, so you would think he'd want to know that the reputation he company has... is not great.  Heck, most I talk to say it's not even good.  Having said that, I'm sure several have reached out to him in the past....so he probably does not.  Dollars may just be more important.  

I understand he has a team of people who handle these posts....called Marcus' Rapid Response Team or something to that effect.  It's probably a bunch of marketing hooey to make it seem like he is engaged, but I have seen posts from him personally (or they are lying and just saying they are from him) but not often.  I imagine the man is too busy to spend much time on forums, but when he bought the company he decided to add those subforums because he said he wanted to know of these sorts of issues.  I figure if you post there, you'll either get some sort of satisfaction from it....or nothing will be done, which would tell me that the problems at CW run deeper than Marcus is able or willing to fix.  

I'd go on rv.net and post something about this to Marcus Lemonis in the CW RV Sales Forum.  He should know about screw ups like this.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/95.cfm

Write to him and ask him what happened to this policy...

Starting in 1997, Lemonis held several sales and managerial roles for AutoNation.[2] From June 2001 to February 2003 he served as CEO of Holiday RV Superstores Inc. Following that, he co-founded a company called FreedomRoads and began acquiring RV dealerships.[3] In 2006, the company merged with Camping World with Lemonis as CEO, then in 2011, merged with Good Sam Enterprises, Lemonis again at the helm.[4]Lemonis attributes Camping World and Good Sam’s success to the three P’s: people, process and product.[5]

Here is the contact us page from CW website

Contact Us
General Questions
Email: Click Here

Phone: 1-800-626-3636

If you have any suggestions or general questions and comments about our company.

Comments & Complaints Resolution Hotline
Email: Click Here For concerns/issues that were not adequately addressed from previous contact with any Camping World channel of business.

Customer Service - Telephone
Phone: 1-800-626-3636 Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. - 6:00p.m for questions regarding your order or placing an order.

Customer Service - Web Chat/Email
Email: Click Here Web Chat/Email- Monday through Friday 8:00a.m.- 7:00p.m. CDT for questions regarding your order or placing an order. Email: Click Here For questions and comments about your experience at a Camping World store. Email: Click Here Tell us about your recent Camping World experience so we can improve.   We strive to answer all emails within 24-48 hours of receipt during normal business hours. If you need immediate assistance please don't hesitate to contact our call center at 1-800-626-3636.

Camping World Corporate Office Headquarters

650 Three Springs Road

Bowling Green, KY 42104

Corporate Phone Number: 1-270-781-2718

I'm on the outside looking in and I can understand your frustration, but before you proceed and try to contact higher-ups, get these things written down/ listed.

When was your 2015 due to be delivered?  Are you getting the "substitute" delivered in the same timeframe?

What is the local dealer trying to do to correct this situation?  Are they willing to work with you and get the issue rectified to your satisfaction? (discounts, loaner, free Good Sam, etc.)

Are they willing to back their promises in writing? (skylight warrantied, etc)

I'm by no means trying to trivialize your problems and I know the entire deal is frustrating.

I worked retail for 15 years and have also lodged plenty of complaints to different companies.

Things usually go smoother and you will get more action if you start at the bottom and work up. Which it sounds like you have been doing.

CEO's/their secretaries are going to want to see facts/timelines before they talk to you.

Have everything documented, dates, who you spoke to, what they did or didn't do, did they attempt to fix the problem etc.

I know it's hard, but don't throw emotional phrases or instances into the conversations or correspondence.  Higher up are more apt to act on facts than someone just being upset.

If you have an alternative plan (Billy Bob's RV Emporium has what I want at $x price) or idea how things can be made up to you, before you get in touch with the big shots you will be better off.  They will want to know how they can make things right for you (hopefully). But they are not going to give you so much that they lose real big.

I feel bad for you, we had the same thing happen to us back in the 70's with a van we ordered.  Waited 2 months for it to be delivered only to be told that the line had been shut down and changing over to the next model year and we were out of luck.  Sound familiar?

And if I repeated myself or told you the same thing someone else did, forgive me, it's early.

I understand he has a team of people who handle these posts....called Marcus' Rapid Response Team or something to that effect.  It's probably a bunch of marketing hooey to make it seem like he is engaged, but I have seen posts from him personally (or they are lying and just saying they are from him) but not often.  I imagine the man is too busy to spend much time on forums, but when he bought the company he decided to add those subforums because he said he wanted to know of these sorts of issues.  I figure if you post there, you'll either get some sort of satisfaction from it....or nothing will be done, which would tell me that the problems at CW run deeper than Marcus is able or willing to fix.  

Thanks Dave.

Sounds like they wanted to sell you the camper on the lot the entire time.

My dad had a Ford dealer try to pass off as the custom ordered E-150. The one on the lot had everything he wanted but the wrong rear end gearing and didn't have the limited slip diff, which lowered the tow rating.

Perhapase, you could have CW comp the sewage hose,water line, leveling blocks, ect to make up for the hassle.

Write to him and ask him what happened to this policy...

Starting in 1997, Lemonis held several sales and managerial roles for AutoNation.[2] From June 2001 to February 2003 he served as CEO of Holiday RV Superstores Inc. Following that, he co-founded a company called FreedomRoads and began acquiring RV dealerships.[3] In 2006, the company merged with Camping World with Lemonis as CEO, then in 2011, merged with Good Sam Enterprises, Lemonis again at the helm.[4]Lemonis attributes Camping World and Good Sam’s success to the three P’s: people, process and product.[5]

Here is the contact us page from CW website

Contact Us
General Questions
Email: Click Here

Phone: 1-800-626-3636

If you have any suggestions or general questions and comments about our company.

Comments & Complaints Resolution Hotline
Email: Click Here For concerns/issues that were not adequately addressed from previous contact with any Camping World channel of business.

Customer Service - Telephone
Phone: 1-800-626-3636 Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. - 6:00p.m for questions regarding your order or placing an order.

Customer Service - Web Chat/Email
Email: Click Here Web Chat/Email- Monday through Friday 8:00a.m.- 7:00p.m. CDT for questions regarding your order or placing an order. Email: Click Here For questions and comments about your experience at a Camping World store. Email: Click Here Tell us about your recent Camping World experience so we can improve.   We strive to answer all emails within 24-48 hours of receipt during normal business hours. If you need immediate assistance please don't hesitate to contact our call center at 1-800-626-3636.

Camping World Corporate Office Headquarters

650 Three Springs Road

Bowling Green, KY 42104

Corporate Phone Number: 1-270-781-2718

I'm on the outside looking in and I can understand your frustration, but before you proceed and try to contact higher-ups, get these things written down/ listed.

When was your 2015 due to be delivered?  Are you getting the "substitute" delivered in the same timeframe?

What is the local dealer trying to do to correct this situation?  Are they willing to work with you and get the issue rectified to your satisfaction? (discounts, loaner, free Good Sam, etc.)

Are they willing to back their promises in writing? (skylight warrantied, etc)

I'm by no means trying to trivialize your problems and I know the entire deal is frustrating.

I worked retail for 15 years and have also lodged plenty of complaints to different companies.

Things usually go smoother and you will get more action if you start at the bottom and work up. Which it sounds like you have been doing.

CEO's/their secretaries are going to want to see facts/timelines before they talk to you.

Have everything documented, dates, who you spoke to, what they did or didn't do, did they attempt to fix the problem etc.

I know it's hard, but don't throw emotional phrases or instances into the conversations or correspondence.  Higher up are more apt to act on facts than someone just being upset.

If you have an alternative plan (Billy Bob's RV Emporium has what I want at $x price) or idea how things can be made up to you, before you get in touch with the big shots you will be better off.  They will want to know how they can make things right for you (hopefully). But they are not going to give you so much that they lose real big.

I feel bad for you, we had the same thing happen to us back in the 70's with a van we ordered.  Waited 2 months for it to be delivered only to be told that the line had been shut down and changing over to the next model year and we were out of luck.  Sound familiar?

And if I repeated myself or told you the same thing someone else did, forgive me, it's early.

Thanks for all the info.

So....  what we ordered (minus the sunroof, but plus the electric stabilizers) is the same camper they have in IN; the same one they claim they are bringing to Atlanta and CW will install the sunroom (Jayco will warranty it).  At the end of this, if all happens as they are now saying, we should get what we want by the end of this month which is when I expected delivery of the camper.  Have to admit, I am disappointed that this one has been sitting on a lot for several weeks (which means people have been walking in/out).  May sound silly, but I was so excited with the idea that no one was even going to walk in our unit (in theory) before we bought it as the Jayco was making it... just. for. us.   Not a huge thing is the scope of it all, just a little bit of a bummer.  Have I mentioned before that this is a big deal for our family?  ^_^

I am trying to keep emotions out it as I recognize that rarely does that do any good.  Again, people makes mistakes... I get that; we are all fallible.   What upsets me is dishonesty.  Don't lie to me.  I don't lie and therefore I expect others to hold to that rule, so when someone/a company is dishonest it rubs me the wrong way as it speaks to their character (or possibly their policy).

Can't remember if I mentioned this before or not... but we almost didn't buy from CW.  We were literally at their lot the day we signed the purchase agreement and they did not have the model we were purchasing on the lot; this angered me as we were told they did have one so I actually had the salesperson drive my son and children around in the golf cart (my kiddos love ridding in GCs.. haha :) ), just so I take a moment and decide if we wanted to buy from CW or drive the 5 hours and purchase from a dealership in TN.  At that point, the ONLY reason we went forward with CW... was because of possible warranty work.  We didn't want to be forced to drive 5 hours for warranty work however, now I'm wondering if that would be the lesser of the two evils.    

Sounds like they wanted to sell you the camper on the lot the entire time.

My dad had a Ford dealer try to pass off as the custom ordered E-150. The one on the lot had everything he wanted but the wrong rear end gearing and didn't have the limited slip diff, which lowered the tow rating.

Perhapase, you could have CW comp the sewage hose,water line, leveling blocks, ect to make up for the hassle.

You know what... that's an interesting point.  This camper (in IN) per Jayco was delivered to them at the end of February... we signed our purchase agreement on February 28th.  So, I guess it's possible that they knew they had that one... but I would think that they wouldn't tell me, but simply bring it down, install the skylight and move forward.  Maybe they didn't want to have to install the skylight.  Not sure at this point.  

You know what... that's an interesting point.  This camper (in IN) per Jayco was delivered to them at the end of February... we signed our purchase agreement on February 28th.  So, I guess it's possible that they knew they had that one... but I would think that they wouldn't tell me, but simply bring it down, install the skylight and move forward.  Maybe they didn't want to have to install the skylight.  Not sure at this point.  

How are they bringing it down?

Is it being towed or flat bedded?

If towed, you can look at this 2 ways.  One it's getting miles on it so it's going to be "used".  Or it's getting broken in so if there are problems they may pop up and be rectified before you take ownership.

How are TT/5VERs delivered originally to dealerships?  Is this an issue with you having it towed that far?

Had a friend that bought a new car in Tampa, but they didn't have it so they were going to bring it up from Miami.

Instead of trailering it, someone drove it up.  Lots of construction, on the way the paint got tons of chips in it from flying gravel.

Just to save a few $$ by not trailering it, the dealership had to repaint the entire car, and had an upset customer besides!

How are they bringing it down?

Is it being towed or flat bedded?

If towed, you can look at this 2 ways.  One it's getting miles on it so it's going to be "used".  Or it's getting broken in so if there are problems they may pop up and be rectified before you take ownership.

How are TT/5VERs delivered originally to dealerships?  Is this an issue with you having it towed that far?

Had a friend that bought a new car in Tampa, but they didn't have it so they were going to bring it up from Miami.

Instead of trailering it, someone drove it up.  Lots of construction, on the way the paint got tons of chips in the paint from flying gravel.

Just to save a few $$ by not trailering it, the dealership had to repaint the entire car, and had an upset customer besides!

Good points!!  I'll look into that.