2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You haven't met Brian I take it?   TCD

Mo > WDWMagic   TCD

The 11th and 12th I think are the Night of Joy but the other additional September dates are probably correct.

The MNSSHP was nice, but it wasn't really worth the amount of $$ they charge.

Luckily we won the tickets, but if we had to shell out $300 (4 tickets) to get a few pieces of candy, fight crowds, and not be able to get on rides, I would've been upset.

But, I guess the hoards of other people that go (year after year) must not feel the same way.

It's definitely a money maker for Disney.  Who ever came up with the idea must've gotten a nice bonus.

The parade was cute, the Hocus Pocus show was great, but neither made up for the "bad" parts.

I much prefer taking the grandkids to the SeaWorld trick or treat which is included in your daily admission.  Mickey's not there, there is no parade, but at least you can move around and the kids get to go into every candy line.

Luckily we won the tickets, but if we had to shell out $300 (4 tickets) to get a few pieces of candy, fight crowds, and not be able to get on rides, I would've been upset.

But, I guess the hoards of other people that go (year after year) must not feel the same way.

It's definitely a money maker for Disney.  Who ever came up with the idea must've gotten a nice bonus.

The parade was cute, the Hocus Pocus show was great, but neither made up for the "bad" parts.

I much prefer taking the grandkids to the SeaWorld trick or treat which is included in your daily admission.  Mickey's not there, there is no parade, but at least you can move around and the kids get to go into every candy line.

Every time you mention the negative experience you had at MNSSHP, it makes me sad.

Your experience was atypical, and you left early.  You didn't experience it the way that you should have.

But, you got in for free, so no big loss.

TCD

Every time you mention the negative experience you had at MNSSHP, it makes me sad.

Your experience was atypical, and you left early.  You didn't experience it the way that you should have.

But, you got in for free, so no big loss.

TCD

True, the freebies more than mad up for the shortcomings, but I felt bad for others that were there that day and paid full price.

Maybe it was crazy because it was the first night?

We only did 3 lines for candy all over in Liberty/Frontier area.  The candy line for Splash Mountain stretched to Pecos Bill.

We did stick around until 9:30ish, then headed to the Contemporary to watch the fireworks.

We had gone to the party maybe 10 to 12 years ago and it was fun at that time.  We were able to do a lot more trick or treating.

Then again we were quite a bit younger too!   :P

True, the freebies more than mad up for the shortcomings, but I felt bad for others that were there that day and paid full price.

Maybe it was crazy because it was the first night?

We only did 3 lines for candy all over in Liberty/Frontier area.  The candy line for Splash Mountain stretched to Pecos Bill.

We did stick around until 9:30ish, then headed to the Contemporary to watch the fireworks.

We had gone to the party maybe 10 to 12 years ago and it was fun at that time.  We were able to do a lot more trick or treating.

Then again we were quite a bit younger too!   :P

The candy lines are always crazy in the early hours of the parties.  What you saw is not unusual or unique.  But, only dummies line up for candy.  After 10 or so, there are no lines, and CM's standing by ready to fill your treat bags.

I also suspect that you didn't get the MNSSHP SOTMK cards.

And you didn't even stay in the park for Hallowishes?  Oy!

MNSSHP has always been my favorite hard ticket party- I've been on sold-out nights, like the one you attended, and still had a great time.

TCD

The candy lines are always crazy in the early hours of the parties.  What you saw is not unusual or unique.  But, only dummies line up for candy.  After 10 or so, there are no lines, and CM's standing by ready to fill your treat bags.

I also suspect that you didn't get the MNSSHP SOTMK cards.

And you didn't even stay in the park for Hallowishes?  Oy!

MNSSHP has always been my favorite hard ticket party- I've been on sold-out nights, like the one you attended, and still had a great time.

TCD

Guess we should've asked the experts for hints before we left. :facepalm:

But we let the grandkids lead us.  :rofl:

They were ready for trick or treating as soon as we were done with dinner.

We saw the fireworks from the Contemporary, only thing is they don't pipe the music to the big public balcony.

We saw the fireworks from the Contemporary, only thing is they don't pipe the music to the big public balcony.

So sad.

The soundtrack is important.   And you need to be in the park to fully appreciate the perimeter fireworks.

Like I said, you didn't really experience what the MNSSHP is all about.  If you were watching the fireworks at the Contemporary, that means you missed at least 2 hours of the party.  And those were the best two hours that you missed.

TCD

We got our Nov 1st tickets last week, glad I went ahead and ordered them!

I guess we will have to make the best of it, sounds like we will be lumped in with the folks that wont get to experience the best part of the party. With 2 little ones we will have to do what we can, while we can, before we have to bail for bedtime. 

So sad.

The soundtrack is important.   And you need to be in the park to fully appreciate the perimeter fireworks.

Like I said, you didn't really experience what the MNSSHP is all about.  If you were watching the fireworks at the Contemporary, that means you missed at least 2 hours of the party.  And those were the best two hours that you missed.

TCD

Like I said, we followed our granddaughters leads, and they were getting tired and had school the next day.

But that is what it's all about, letting the kids have a great time. 

We've seen way too many screaming parents and crying kids over the years because they kids were too tired, scared, overwhelmed to follow their parents itineraries to a T.

Like I said we had a great time with the party, viewings for the show and parade.  I just thought others were not getting their $ worth.

Like I said, we followed our granddaughters leads, and they were getting tired and had school the next day.

But that is what it's all about, letting the kids have a great time. 

We've seen way too many screaming parents and crying kids over the years because they kids were too tired, scared, overwhelmed to follow their parents itineraries to a T.

Like I said we had a great time with the party, viewings for the show and parade.  I just thought others were not getting their $ worth.

I understand.  And, it's great that your didn't push your granddaughters.  I was only posting to give a response to your observations about MNSSHP.  Unfortunately, you didn't get an accurate experience.

These parties are only 5 hours long (7 pm to midnight).  You missed half of it when you left early.

Those with young children should think twice about spending the extra money for a hard ticket party.  If they can't stay to enjoy the whole party, your dollars would probably be better spent elsewhere.

TCD

We are headed there tonight. Well actually this afternoon as we are going to take advantage of getting in at 4pm.

Good idea.

Don't forget to pick up your special SOTMK card.

And don't miss the parade.  Find a seat early- you don't want to miss the Headless Horseman!

Make sure you have a view of the castle for Hallowishes.

And DO NOT stand in any long lines for candy.  You can hit the lines after the fireworks, and you will get more candy than you can possibly eat.  Ask for an extra bag if your first one gets full. 

Have fun!

TCD

Good idea.

Don't forget to pick up your special SOTMK card.

And don't miss the parade. Find a seat early- you don't want to miss the Headless Horseman!

Make sure you have a view of the castle for Hallowishes.

And DO NOT stand in any long lines for candy. You can hit the lines after the fireworks, and you will get more candy than you can possibly eat. Ask for an extra bag if your first one gets full.

Have fun!

TCD

I have already told the girls no trick or treating until later in the night. I was planning to watch the 2nd parade as I have heard it is less crowded. Where would be a good place to watch it?

I have already told the girls no trick or treating until later in the night. I was planning to watch the 2nd parade as I have heard it is less crowded. Where would be a good place to watch it?

You can't go wrong with Main Street- but you will have to camp out longer for those seats.

Liberty Square is good because the theming and lighting works well for the parade.  One of our favorite spots in Liberty Square is in front of the Hall of Presidents.  You can see the parade coming from there, and the performers are closer to you as they walk by.  That area will be less crowded than Main Street, too, do you don't need to show up as early.

TCD

That is sad. We loved the party. I still say the Boo-to-You parade is my favorite Disney parade. Wish I could go back during Halloween but the kids are too old to take out of school now.