From WDWNewsToday...

27 Feb

Added Park Ticket Security Measures Being Tested That Will Require A Guest Photo; Full Roll Out Expected Next Week

Turnstiles at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are currently testing a new theme park ticket security measure. Should a guest’s bio-metric scan at the turnstiles fail multiple times, they will be taken to guest relations where they will be asked a few quick questions about their ticket (Is this your ticket? What is the name on the ticket? How many days is this ticket good for? ETC.). After these questions are answered (and it is validated that this is the guest’s ticket), a picture of the guest will be taken and attached to their ticket. This will ensure that if the bio-metrics should fail again, the cast members at the next turnstiles the guest uses will be able to identify that the ticket is indeed theirs. A similar system is in widespread usage at the Disneyland Resort already.

With the success of the test, these procedures should roll out to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks in early March.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/02/added-park-ticket-security-measures-being-tested-that-will-require-a-guest-photo-full-roll-out-expected-next-week/

Well I can tell you first hand that most people will fail the "How many days is this ticket good for" question if they have multiple tickets.  I know this becuase we have multiple no expiration tickets and Disney no longer tracks specifically how many days remain on each ticket.  They stack them in your profile and they can see a total.

I know this becuase last time we were there in February we tried to find out what we had left on our tickets and no one at the park could give me a straight answer like in the past.  In the past they could scan a ticket and could tell you exactly what was left.

Yes I see some frustrated guest and cast members!!

What is the current process if you fail biometrics?

You are supposed to produce a photo ID for the CM.

So, those Magicbands that are supposed to make our lives so much easier fail.  You still need to carry your photo ID or risk not being admitted if the biometric readers fail to operate properly.

TCD

MagicBands aside... the biometrics were likely a problem with the older tickets.

So the big difference now is that currently you show a photo ID to the CM at the turnstile. What is being proposed is you'll be sequestered to Guest Relations where you'll still need to provide a photo ID, questioned, and then photographed.

But, the benefit to this is that after the initial hassle- future failures will show your photo to the CM without the need to produce ID?

What I found interesting at DL is that when we first presented our 3 day Mil Sal ticket they took our picture.

What I found interesting is that when I first used my 3 day park hopper ticket at Disneyland, the CM who admitted me did not take my photo.  I left the park once that day, and came back later with no problem.

The next day, when trying to gain access to California Adventure, some kid's photo showed up when my ticket was scanned, and the CM there gave me the third degree about my ticket. 

The photo taking is just another thing that can be screwed up.

TCD

I second that!!!

Go back to a general admission, and pay for what you use.

Pffft,

Disney doesn't want you to only pay for what you use.  They want you to pay for multi day park hoppers. They'll jack up the price, but they'll give you a Magicband to make you think you will be able to skip the lines and do much more than you really can. You have in backwards- they want you to pay for what you can't possibly use. 

Pay for what you use?  How quaint.

TCD

Pffft,

Disney doesn't want you to only pay for what you use.  They want you to pay for multi day park hoppers. They'll jack up the price, but they'll give you a Magicband to make you think you will be able to skip the lines and do much more than you really can. You have in backwards- they want you to pay for what you can't possibly use. 

Pay for what you use?  How quaint.

TCD

Yup just like the fairs.

Most of the time you buy tickets for what you want, then they have the unlimited days when they get crazy crowded.

We don't do most of the rides at Busch or SeaWorld any more.  We just walk, do shows, and try to spot our adventuresome granddaughter on the rides.

Yup just like the fairs.

Most of the time you buy tickets for what you want, then they have the unlimited days when they get crazy crowded.

We don't do most of the rides at Busch or SeaWorld any more.  We just walk, do shows, and try to spot our adventuresome granddaughter on the rides.

Yeah, well Bobby (Iger) doesn't need your type in his parks.

Everybody has to pay, whether you want to ride the rides or not.

Like Walt always said- "the only thing that matters is the bottom line. Squeeze them suckers for all they're worth!"

TCD