Polynesian Princess "Moana" movie

If any of you Fiends happen to be in Italy looking to catch Moana in theaters, don't look for the name Moana...  Look for Oceania.

Disney changes Moana title in Italy

Turns out that in Italy, the name Moana is synonymous with a famous Italian adult movie star 

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

Wife, granddaughter (11) and I went and saw it last night.

Well made, I think it had a better storyline than Frozen and a lot of other recent Disney (and non-Disney) animated movies.

Had a few catchy songs, we will see if some of them get "pushed" as much as Let it Go.

Pig wasn't that impressive but the chicken was a keeper!

And as others have said, you need to stay past the credits, and they are long.

And the young lady that did Moana's voice did sing some of the songs, and so did The Rock.

Wasn't the chicken just the bird from Finding Dory in a different costume.  I'm not sure he has that much range.  (you may laugh now)

9 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I guess I am more dumb bird tolerant than you.  I did not find them annoying.  I thought the chicken was very funny.

TCD

The chicken was a great comic relief. 

He had a lot bigger part than I thought he would. 

I figured the cute fuzzy pig would be the next Olaf, but the chicken stole the show.

22 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I guess I am more dumb bird tolerant than you.  I did not find them annoying.  I thought the chicken was very funny.

TCD

22 hours ago, Travisma said:

The chicken was a great comic relief. 

He had a lot bigger part than I thought he would. 

I figured the cute fuzzy pig would be the next Olaf, but the chicken stole the show.

19 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I thought the chicken was great! He won me over. 

Maybe he can do commercials for the GAG. 

And since you love him so much, you'll appreciate that you almost didn't get to see him at all.  

How A Character From Moana Was Saved Only Months Before Release

19 minutes ago, Seals said:

Maybe he can do commercials for the GAG. 

And since you love him so much, you'll appreciate that you almost didn't get to see him at all.  

How A Character From Moana Was Saved Only Months Before Release

Thanks for that link.  Very interesting story.  I find it a bit hard to believe, though, because the chicken is in so many scenes.  It seems like there would be too much work to do to change it all with just a couple of days' notice.

TCD

30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for that link.  Very interesting story.  I find it a bit hard to believe, though, because the chicken is in so many scenes.  It seems like there would be too much work to do to change it all with just a couple of days' notice.

TCD

When the big man makes a decision, there is no can not!

3 hours ago, Beckers said:

Adam and I saw it yesterday and loved it. 

But the shiny crab part was odd.

That part was intentionally odd.

The songwriter was influenced by the Poor Unfortunate Souls song from the Little Mermaid ,and also tried to play tribute to David Bowie with the "glam rock" style of the song:

http://people.com/movies/how-lin-manuel-miranda-pays-tribute-to-david-bowie-with-moana-song-shiny/

I thought it was odd too, but I give Lin-Manuel Miranda credit for pushing the envelope on that song.

TCD

• 4 weeks later...