• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen every Star Wars movie on opening day with the exception of episode 2. I was deployed at the time and wasn't able to see it opening day. I was deployed for episode 1s release date as well,

Apparently, there are some bird-like creatures called porgs in the new movie. The TCD twins, as always, got ahead of this, and here are the TCD gang's MNSSHP costumes this year:

2.5 hrs of sitting in a recliner eating heavily butter flavored popcorn.....how can that be bad... it's better than being at work by a long shot

That's a lot of Star Wars in a short amount of time.

A third interesting tidbit from that article is that Big Hero 6 has become the third highest grossing Disney animated film of all time, behind Frozen and the Lion King.  I'm surprised by that.

TCD

My older girls LOVE that movie.  I think it escapes notice because it's not the traditional Disney animated film, but it has a huge following among teens.  

That's a lot of Star Wars in a short amount of time.

Indeed... which also makes it the perfect time to roll out a Star Wars Land somewhere, doesn't it?

Just a few minutes ago in the shareholders meeting, Iger mentioned that there were plans for expansion at DL that haven't been announced yet, but that would take place within the existing 2 gates (i.e., no rumored 3rd park), so... ??

Indeed... which also makes it the perfect time to roll out a Star Wars Land somewhere, doesn't it?

Just a few minutes ago in the shareholders meeting, Iger mentioned that there were plans for expansion at DL that haven't been announced yet, but that would take place within the existing 2 gates (i.e., no rumored 3rd park), so... ??

Absolutely it makes sense.

And no doubt more Star Wars in the parks is going to happen.

TCD

My older girls LOVE that movie.  I think it escapes notice because it's not the traditional Disney animated film, but it has a huge following among teens.  

I think it's a great movie too.  But, I am surprised that it has grossed more than every other Disney animated film other than Frozen and Lion King.  Where's the Baymax sing-a-long?

TCD

I think it's a great movie too.  But, I am surprised that it has grossed more than every other Disney animated film other than Frozen and Lion King.  Where's the Baymax sing-a-long?

TCD

One benefit more recent movies like Frozen and Big Hero 6 have had is they were released in 3D.  The box office tally increases a lot faster at $15/ticket than it does at $8.  

• 1 month later...

I may geek out with this movie and try and go to the first showing at midnight when it comes out.

I too really liked Big Hero 6, actually more than I thought I would.

Best Regards,

Norm

I am not on the fence about the midnight showing.  I will be there (unless I somehow score a way to see it earlier).

I also liked Big Hero 6.

TCD

I just pooped my pants.  

That was awesome.  

I'd have paid $12 just to see that trailer.  

My only issue is this....I'll be boarding the Disney Magic on 12/18 in Miami.  The day the movie is released.  Does anyone know the best theater near the Port of Miami to see this at midnight without being mugged afterward?  

I just pooped my pants.  

That was awesome.  

I'd have paid $12 just to see that trailer.  

My only issue is this....I'll be boarding the Disney Magic on 12/18 in Miami.  The day the movie is released.  Does anyone know the best theater near the Port of Miami to see this at midnight without being mugged afterward?  

LOL.

I don't think there's any theater near the Port of Miami where you're not likely to be mugged before or after the movie.

More than likely, they will be playing the movie on the ship.  But, you may not have time for it then.

Man, you've got a tough life.

TCD

The Star Wars Celebration is taking place in Anaheim today through the 19th.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

They're pulling out the big guns for this one.  Inside The Magic has posted a bunch of pics to their FB page, including these...

17082_10152691366202035_6627736314465412

11156251_10152691366672035_8735038239871

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic?fref=ts

The Star Wars Celebration is taking place in Anaheim today through the 19th.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

They're pulling out the big guns for this one.  Inside The Magic has posted a bunch of pics to their FB page, including these...

17082_10152691366202035_6627736314465412

11156251_10152691366672035_8735038239871

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic?fref=ts

Yes, lots of Star Wars geeks roaming the West Coast parks including a large contingent of the 501st.  Very strange to see stormtroopers and wookies roaming the sidewalks of Anaheim :)