• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen every Star Wars movie on opening day with the exception of episode 2. I was deployed at the time and wasn't able to see it opening day. I was deployed for episode 1s release date as well,

Apparently, there are some bird-like creatures called porgs in the new movie. The TCD twins, as always, got ahead of this, and here are the TCD gang's MNSSHP costumes this year:

2.5 hrs of sitting in a recliner eating heavily butter flavored popcorn.....how can that be bad... it's better than being at work by a long shot

I think they are hyping this movie too much too soon.  It's not even coming out for 3 more months.  And, they apparently expect people to go nuts and buy up all of this new merchandise in the first week of September?  I think someone is way overestimating how much demand there is for this stuff.

Possibly.  I think they may be banking on the fact that Star Wars fans were largely really disappointed by the last 3 movies, and that they're going to go completely bonkers this time around with the promise of something better. 

When they released the trailer with Han and Chewie at the end, the reaction seemed to be the internet version of a small star exploding.

Then there's the part where you decide to build the hype to a massive degree and sell "all the stuff" BEFORE the movie... just in case.  B)

Uh.

That really didn't do anything for me.

Boring.

TCD

Not much to it, but I expect there will be lots more of these little tidbits released in the next few months.

• 1 month later...

Somehow this thread became the place to discuss Episode VII.  We had an Ep VII thread at one point, didn't we?  

Ok after a brief period of confusion, and then thinking Dave was bored and messing with us, I found it...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12611-star-wars-episode-vii/page-5

8)

• 2 weeks later...
They were not kidding about the merchandising!!

Create Looks from a Galaxy Far, Far Away with the CoverGirl Star Wars Collection

Posted 17 hours ago

To say were excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens would be a huge understatement. And now, our excitement levels are through the roof thanks to the new CoverGirl Star Wars collection. The limited-edition collection of lipsticks, nail polishes, and mascaras feature out-of-this-world colors and references to the characters that we love. You pick up your favorites on September 4, but for now, take a look at some of our favorites and see the full collection on Allure right now!

CoverGirl Star Wars Limited Edition Lipsticks 1 of 6

And if you need more Star Wars makeup inspiration, take a look at these C-3PO and Stormtrooper looks created by legendary makeup artist Pat McGrath!

http://blogs.disney.com/disney-style/news/2015/08/13/create-looks-from-a-galaxy-far-far-away-with-the-covergirl-star-wars-collection/?cmp=SMC|none|natural|blgstyle|StyleAugust|TWT|covergirlstarwars-DisneyStyle|InHouse|2015-08-13||repost||esocialmedia#covergirl-star-wars-limited-edition-lipsticks

Rachel has already asked if she can get the mascara. It is the only makeup she is currently allowed to wear. I told her to add it to her birthday list.

Someone was very happy to open her birthday presents today. She got a nude colored lipstick and mascara.

a799a6e44aafd301463eebf0b3662d84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

From WDW News Today...

Jan
BREAKING: “Star Wars: Episode VIII” Pushed Back, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” Moves Up

Breaking news out of the Walt Disney Studios:

This morning, The Walt Disney Studios announced new release dates for upcoming films from two of its major franchises.

CZMDI3pUEAEGxAj.jpg

Star Wars: Episode VIII
, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
, which was the first
Star Wars
movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B.

Written and directed by Rian Johnson,
is currently in pre
production and will begin principal photography in London next month. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman will produce and J.J. Abrams, Tom Karnowski, and Jason McGatlinwill executive produce. Stay tuned to
StarWars.com
for exciting updates in the coming weeks.

With
jumping to December, Disney’s
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
will set sail on May 26, 2017, from its previously scheduled July 7, 2017, berth. The blockbuster franchise’s previous installment, the $1B-grossing
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
, also debuted in late May.

In
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
, Johnny Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow with Geoffrey Rush back on board as Barbossa, Orlando Bloom resurfacing as Will Turner, and a terrifying new adversary, Captain Salazar, played by Javier Bardem, in the mix. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, the film is currently in post-production.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/01/breaking-star-wars-episode-vii-pushed-back-pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-moves-up/

Not cool.

I don't like this one bit.

TCD

I had read somewhere that they were making some major script changes to include more Rey, Finn, Poe , and Kylo

This is all rumor for now, but it does make a good deal of sense. The Force Awakens spent a great deal of time establishing a new core group for the franchise in Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, and Kylo Ren, so many fans would probably want Episode VIII to feature more of them and not shortchanged for more fresh faces. In addition to continuing the stories of the young characters, Episode VIII will also have a meatier role for Luke Skywalker, possibly reveal more about Supreme Leader Snoke, and have appearances by some other original trilogy heroes. The roster of characters is quite full, even before the new additions are added.

This is all BS. From what I know, Disney never confirmed the May 2017 date for ep 8. I think everyone speculated that a Star Wars movie was always to be released in May but they had to push things back for the force awakens. I was stupidly falling for the May 16th date then low and behold when I heard this today it hit me. Why wouldn't they go for another right before Christmas release. Force Friday was a HUGE hit back last November when they released toys for the force awakens. Why not do this again and make a butt load of money right before Christmas. Also Rouge one comes out this December and I couldn't see them releasing another Star Wars movie so close to each other. That would really mess up the marketing and merchandising of each film

This is all BS. From what I know, Disney never confirmed the May 2017 date for ep 8.

According to the article linked in the first post, above, Bob Iger himself announced the May, 2017 date at a Disney Shareholders meeting last March.  That seems pretty official to me.

I agree with the rest of your post, though- Disney revised the date after they saw how well Episode VII did, and they are licking their chops to cash in again, perhaps on an even larger scale, with Episode VIII.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Who's excited to watch the trailer for The Last Jedi tonight?

If you're in California, they have some big doings out there:

Join Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer Premiere Event Tomorrow in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort

Erin Glover

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

The trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi will debut during ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” tomorrow, Oct. 9, during halftime of the National Football League (NFL) game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Chicago Bears in Chicago, which starts at 5:15 p.m. PDT/8:15 p.m. EDT. And today we’re excited to invite you to be among the first to see this new trailer at the place where Star Wars lives – the Disneyland Resort!

Join your fellow Star Wars fans at the Downtown Disney District tomorrow, Oct. 9, to watch the new Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer on a giant screen outside AMC Downtown Disney 12 Theatres. The fun begins at 5 p.m., with a live DJ, trivia and giveaways – all counting down to the trailer premiere. Following the trailer premiere, Star Wars: The Last Jedi tickets will be on sale online and at the AMC Downtown Disney 12 Theatres box office.

Disneyland Resort is your destination to experience your Star Wars favorites. Board a Starspeeder 1000 and explore the galaxy in the immersive adventure, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; encounter some of your favorite characters and more at the Star Wars Launch Bay interactive experience; and bring your young Padawans to test their skills at Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.

If you can’t make it to this special premiere party, tune in to ESPN to watch the new Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer during “Monday Night Football,” and be sure to purchase your tickets online in advance for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, in theaters December 15.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/join-star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-premiere-event-tomorrow-in-downtown-disney-district-at-disneyland-resort/

TCD