Had to get a new A/C-H/P (on JAYCO's dime) while at the FORT. Highly recommend Randy at Mobile RV Service. He's only here during the cooler months, since he's from Maine, but knowledgeable and very responsive to calls. He worked with COLEMAN and JAYCO to get it diagnosed and replaced. So Grandma is staying cool. :)

207-667-9609

Had to get a new A/C-H/P (on JAYCO's dime) while at the FORT. Highly recommend Randy at Mobile RV Service. He's only here during the cooler months, since he's from Maine, but knowledgeable and very responsive to calls. He worked with COLEMAN and JAYCO to get it diagnosed and replaced. So Grandma is staying cool. :)

207-667-9609

Sounds like a great recommendation.

Thanks for sharing.

207-667-9609

Just wondering what went wrong with the unit

Just wondering what went wrong with the unit

The reversing valve, heat vs cool, was sticking and causing the compressor to shut down or not start at all in both heat and cool. Since they don't repair anything associated with the sealed coils they just replaced the whole unit.

The reversing valve, heat vs cool, was sticking and causing the compressor to shut down or not start at all in both heat and cool. Since they don't repair anything associated with the sealed coils they just replaced the whole unit.

That reversing valve is also an issue on the CoolCat in a lot of the T@Bs. For a lot of folks, it eventually gets stuck in "heat". So far, so good, mine is still working, but if it ever dies, I'm replacing the CoolCat with a standard window unit AC in the same spot.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a massive kitchen sink leak first thing when we got to the Fort this year...it was awesome btw.  After teaching the girls a few new words and a split open finger, I decided to call someone who knew what they were doing.  Long story short, Franks Mobile RV did a great job.  Didn't overcharge and was at the site less than an hour after i called him.

407-922-7302