Boathouse Disney springs Amphicars

Yes it's overpriced. I think a fiat price would be about $15/ person. Not $33/ person, but for such a unique opportunity I'll over pay, once.

I'd try it at least once at $45- $50 a cruise. With it being just the wife and myself the per person cost would still be reasonable given typical Disney prices.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quit your whining.  I can't wait to stop by the Boathouse and pick up a $21 order of asparagus to take on my $100 boat ride.   TCD

Yes, Jim, you do.  About $20 worth.  

What?!?!? http://instagram.com/p/0yimxvEiez/

We've taking the DTD boat all the way down to Port Orleans Riverside and back.  You go past the tree houses, and have a lovely view of all of Port Orleans. It's actually a really nice, and long, ride and if they do the big loop in these, could be fun.

But for me the price still has to come down or I need to drive. 

The other consideration is... what do you do if there are 4 people in your party?  "Sorry honey, me and the kids are going - you stay here and watch the balloon go up and down."  8)

We've taking the DTD boat all the way down to Port Orleans Riverside and back.  You go past the tree houses, and have a lovely view of all of Port Orleans. It's actually a really nice, and long, ride and if they do the big loop in these, could be fun.

But for me the price still has to come down or I need to drive. 

The other consideration is... what do you do if there are 4 people in your party?  "Sorry honey, me and the kids are going - you stay here and watch the balloon go up and down."  B)

The Amphicars never leave the DTD disney area. It's only a 20 minute ride if I recall correctly. We only saw them as far as the entrance to the river that leads up to Port Orleans another 15 minutes away. Oh and when we passed close to one it rocked a whole lot. 

The Amphicars never leave the DTD disney area. It's only a 20 minute ride if I recall correctly. We only saw them as far as the entrance to the river that leads up to Port Orleans another 15 minutes away. Oh and when we passed close to one it rocked a whole lot. 

Well never mind then.  Putting around the lake isn't all that exciting and I'm not a big fan of rocking boats.  8)

• 2 weeks later...

They restored one of these things on Wheeler Dealers a while back and I thought it was cool...but like everyone else, only way I'm paying that kind of money is if I can drive it myself...maybe.

On the Wheeler Dealers program they flew to central/south florida to buy a project car from a guy there that's big into Amficars. I wonder if he is the one supplying them?

Cool video.

At about the 40 second mark they show several old wood boats. Does anyone know anything about them? I'd pay a $100 bucks to cruise around in one of them.

Those wooden boats are just displays. You can walk along a pier and look at them. They have informational signs that tell you all about them. Pretty neat to look at.

They do have one boat you can charter. It's a 30 min voyage around the lake and each person gets champaign and chocolate covered strawberries. The anticipated cost is $75 a person.

Those wooden boats are just displays. You can walk along a pier and look at them. They have informational signs that tell you all about them. Pretty neat to look at.

They do have one boat you can charter. It's a 30 min voyage around the lake and each person gets champaign and chocolate covered strawberries. The anticipated cost is $75 a person.

Is it the same old wooden boat that you used to be able to charter? I remember reading about that awhile back. 

• 4 weeks later...

For $100, I'd rather sit at the bar in the Boathouse and down some oysters and drink some beers and watch the amphibicars out the huge open double doors. Which we did in May--and it was awesome  ;)  Highly recommended activity.

I thought eating oysters in a month that doesn't have an "r" in it is not a recommended activity?

TCD

I thought eating oysters in a month that doesn't have an "r" in it is not a recommended activity?

TCD

So DH just reminded me that our last day was April 28th, and our last night was spent at the Boathouse.

However--I'm not sure about the oysters and months with R thing. Still true? IDK. But I will say that the oysters in the Boathouse case are all labelled with where they came from. We went twice, and each time the oysters were different with different origin locations, including one very close to my hometown in CT! 

Never got sick on oysters. Beer, tequila, and once (horrifically) midori. But never oysters.

• 1 month later...

Passholder discounts are now available...

The BOATHOUSE at Disney Springs now offers passholder discounts
23 hours ago

After joining the Disney Dining Plan a couple of months ago, The BOATHOUSE at Disney Springs now offers both Annual Pass and Disney Vacation Club discounts.

The lunch (11am to 4pm) discount is 15%, and dinner (from 4pm) discount is 10%. Savings can also be had on the Amphicar tours on the Village Lake.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-boathouse/news/17jul2015-the-boathouse-at-disney-springs-now-offers-passholder-discounts.htm