Lost cat at the fort- please help!

Hi there! Our family was camping at Ft. Wilderness last week (left Saturday march 28)and we believe our 17 year old cat jumped out while we were packing up to leave. He (Spot) is white with black spots, older (17), and very sweet. He has never gotten lost like this before. He is microchipped and we've reported him as lost to the campground, but they cannot- will not post a picture of him like we'd hoped. We are wondering if some kind soul is taking care of him in their camper. We were in site 861 in the Jack Rabbit (800) loop. If anyone is there now and hears anything or could help in any way we would be so appreciative!!

post-10599-0-40265200-1427732331.jpg

post-10599-0-40265200-1427732331_thumb.j

Hi there! Our family was camping at Ft. Wilderness last week (left Saturday march 28)and we believe our 17 year old cat jumped out while we were packing up to leave. He (Spot) is white with black spots, older (17), and very sweet. He has never gotten lost like this before. He is microchipped and we've reported him as lost to the campground, but they cannot- will not post a picture of him like we'd hoped. We are wondering if some kind soul is taking care of him in their camper. We were in site 861 in the Jack Rabbit (800) loop. If anyone is there now and hears anything or could help in any way we would be so appreciative!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You should post this on facebook . There are a couple of pages devoted to the fort and you would get a lot of coverage. I hope you find your cat.

LuCrew please for give me......I am new to this group and was trying to ask you a question and I hit the red down arrow and I think that was a negative for you......I am so, so, sorry!!!!!! I just wanted to ask you if you knew who to contact if we come across the kitty while we are there next week?

There is no negative arrow shown, so no worries there.  

I wanted to say welcome to you too....and hope you have a great trip to the Fort.  

I sure hope Spot is found soon.  

Oh my heart is breaking for you and your family...We will be at the Fort on Friday and will be there for 5 days...I'm printing out a picture of your baby and I will make it my mission to look for him.....So sorry!!

Thanks so much for doing this and welcome to the group!

Best bet for contacting Lucrew is to have her PM you her phone number (please don't post it here publicly where the spammers can see).

Really hoping Spot is found soon!

Jill's latest post on FB...

Yes! I love the hidden Mickey comment! He is currently at the pet hospital at Animal Kingdom. Thanks to all for your concern. He is 17, and the vet I talked to there said he is doing very well and has been very sweet. She said though since he's older she recommended I try to find him a car ride.... I've been working in it all day today and haven't yet found him a ride (still thinking).. As luck has it our town's spring break in Illinois was last week. If anyone reading this is coming north at all is willing to pick up Spot, we would meet you wherever. Anywhere north of Florida is closer than us driving all the way back... We would pay you for any expenses plus hopefully do something else for you to thank you!!! You could pm me or call/txt me (jill) at [please PM Jill for phone #]. Thank you for reading!!

Is it sad that I laughed at this?  :rolleyes:

So glad they found the cat... hopefully they're able to get him home, very soon.

No, thats why I wrote it. I'm a cat lover and didn't mean anything by it. DIT put it out there so I ran with it. Actually I kept picturing the part in "Christmas Vacation" when the senile aunt wrapped their cat up.

Best Regards,

Norm

No, thats why I wrote it. I'm a cat lover and didn't mean anything by it. DIT put it out there so I ran with it. Actually I kept picturing the part in "Christmas Vacation" when the senile aunt wrapped their cat up.

Best Regards,

Norm

:lol:

I too am a cat person, having a few in my life including one that lived 17 years and the other almost 15.  They are wonderful pets... sadly the older I get, the more my allergies seem to bother me.   Having said that, my father has a very "different" sense of humor so I laughed when I read your post.  Now, he would NEVER ship a pet... but he did put my hamster in one of the plastic balls and let the cat chase it around for a few minutes  :rolleyes:

Hi all - 

Thank you for your posts and concerns (and even jokes - gotta laugh sometimes when things get rough and I do have to say that the Nat.Lampoon movies are some of our favorites)...

Update - My family (including 4 girls!) is very relieved that Spot has been found (he was found at the Fort and brought to their front desk in a golf cart, then transported to the animal hospital)... he's doing great and they say he's very sweet, just  I can't believe that Spot is currently at the Animal Kingdom animal hospital! Disney is being so awesome and I am really grateful to all.. now on to trying to get Spot home!  I did hear from an awesome Fort Fiend member who is willing to help - great option and so grateful - would likely involve helping to get Spot to an airport...may be our only and best option (with holes of course!)... 

I am still putting out my plea - if there is anyone out there who is driving north -who is a cat lover... who has a friend who is currently in Orlando...who would be willing to help us get Spot from Animal Kingdom and drive with him north... we live in IL, but anywhere north of Florida will be closer for us - We would be soooo grateful!! -  The kind vet at AK said it would involve meeting at the security gate at Animal Kingdom.  Again, Spot is a 17 year old cat and the vet thought driving in a carrier would be best for him...Of course I would reimburse you for any expenses and try to return the favor in any way that we could.  We are willing/able to drive multiple states to come and meet you - Indiana? Missouri?  Tennessee? 

Also I'm not sure if there is a general forum where I should post this...

Take care and thank you for having this forum! 

Jill

-- in the interest of protecting your personal information, we've removed your phone number - please PM Jill for this info -- 

So happy your cat was found.

Just an FYI as was mentioned this is a public forum so, you probably do not want your phone number posted. The best thing to do is ask people to PM you if they can help out.

Hoping Spot is home soon. Perhaps he would even like to write a trip report and share pictures of his adventures both with you and the time on his own. We love Trip Reports here.