We will be camping this time around...in 34 days. Last year we stayed in a cabin so it was not an issue. I start nurse practitioner school in two weeks so therefore I must have an internet connection in order to do homework while on vacation (not my ideal situation). We have rented a camper and will be staying in a premium site. What are my options for internet?

Thanks y'all!

Misty

We will be camping this time around...in 34 days. Last year we stayed in a cabin so it was not an issue. I start nurse practitioner school in two weeks so therefore I must have an internet connection in order to do homework while on vacation (not my ideal situation). We have rented a camper and will be staying in a premium site. What are my options for internet?

Thanks y'all!

Misty

You can get a cable modem from the Meadows Trading post that you can hook up and plug your laptop into. If you are bringing a device without an Ethernet connection you can pick up a cheap wifi router at Walmart and hook that up to the modem to give you wifi at your site. 

• 4 months later...

You can get a cable modem from the Meadows Trading post that you can hook up and plug your laptop into. If you are bringing a device without an Ethernet connection you can pick up a cheap wifi router at Walmart and hook that up to the modem to give you wifi at your site. 

I picked up one of these that I permanently leave in the trailer. It acts as a wired or wireless router. It can also be used as a wireless extender. So far it has worked well and it saves time not having to reconfigure all of our various devices each time we go to a new campground.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Travel-Router-Extender-Wireless/dp/B00HQ883T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442341845&sr=8-1&keywords=netgear+travel+router

Free ultra high speed, blazing fast wifi on the 3000 loop. So fast your laptop will melt.

I picked up one of these that I permanently leave in the trailer. It acts as a wired or wireless router. It can also be used as a wireless extender. So far it has worked well and it saves time not having to reconfigure all of our various devices each time we go to a new campground.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Travel-Router-Extender-Wireless/dp/B00HQ883T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442341845&sr=8-1&keywords=netgear+travel+router

Thanks for that!  I need to get one to leave in the camper and that ought to fit the bill.

Free ultra high speed, blazing fast wifi on the 3000 loop. So fast your laptop will melt.

I'll be hooking it up myself next week.

AFTER you connect the taps for Baileys and Kahlua, right?!?!

AFTER you connect the taps for Baileys and Kahlua, right?!?!

For sure. Gotta set your priorities, you know.

I liked the one we had at the office while it was still alive.  It took a surge from an accident on the road and it melted.