Just now, DaveInTN said:

I've not done many crazy things in my life.  Never bungee jumped, or jumped from an airplane.  But I rode the Lightening Rod at night.  I still haven't recovered.  

I love the ride, don't get me wrong. :) What I can't figure out about that ride is that my 8 year old little girl loves it to death, but is terrified of Tower of Terror. Lightning Rod is easily the most intense roller coaster I've been on (in fact, I'd say most of the Dollywood coasters are pretty intense), and I'd say it's more thrilling than say Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only been to Dollywood once, and we did it very wrong... didn't get there till 11, large group, and pretty much just wandered. Only got in a few attractions, but we enjoyed our day with Fiends :)

We've made two trips there since June, and are going back for Thanksgiving.     The hotel is spectacular.  We may stay there sometime in the early spring when the new wooden coaster opens (world's fas

Cinnamon Bread at the Grist Mill will change your life...most excellent.

3 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Looks like Dollywood will be expanding.
http://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/news/local/dollywood-developing-5-acre-expansion/51-526144541

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep...no firm details on what's being added, but according to one member of the PF planning commission there will be several new attractions, a new restaurant, etc.  And it will all open next year.  Yes, that's right, it is possible to build a new 5 acre "land" in 1 year.  Why does it take Disney so long?  

Just now, DaveInTN said:

Yep...no firm details on what's being added, but according to one member of the PF planning commission there will be several new attractions, a new restaurant, etc.  And it will all open next year.  Yes, that's right, it is possible to build a new 5 acre "land" in 1 year.  Why does it take Disney so long?  

Forget that. She should have added, a campground ^_^

• 4 months later...

Dollywood announced its expansion called Wildwood Grove that will open next year. It will be part of the current park rather than a separate park. Looks great especially for little kids. I may have to borrow one and go.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2018/08/03/dolly-parton-announces-new-largest-dollywood-park-expansion-wildwood-grove-pigeon-forge-37-million/827969002/

On 8/3/2018 at 3:30 PM, Seals said:

Dollywood announced its expansion called Wildwood Grove that will open next year. It will be part of the current park rather than a separate park. Looks great especially for little kids. I may have to borrow one and go.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2018/08/03/dolly-parton-announces-new-largest-dollywood-park-expansion-wildwood-grove-pigeon-forge-37-million/827969002/

Thanks for sharing!