Wilderness Lodge DVC expansion?

Seeing these photos, I realized that I once again underestimated the level of greed driving current WDW management.

This photo shows what has existed at Wilderness Lodge since the DVC building was added in 2000- they left a big buffer of woods between that building and Bay Lake, and preserved the natural shoreline of Bay Lake:

dvc%20aerial_zpsi0j3auwr.jpg

And these are the plans for the expansion- it never dawned on me that they would chop down all of the trees to build the new bungalows, but that's exactly what they're doing:

wl%20plan_zps5pv4hbzd.jpg

I didn't  realize what a huge project this is- way bigger than what they did over at the Polynesian.

Wilderness Lodge will be missing a lot of wilderness by the time they're done.

TCD

Seeing these photos, I realized that I once again underestimated the level of greed driving current WDW management.

This photo shows what has existed at Wilderness Lodge since the DVC building was added in 2000- they left a big buffer of woods between that building and Bay Lake, and preserved the natural shoreline of Bay Lake:

dvc%20aerial_zpsi0j3auwr.jpg

And these are the plans for the expansion- it never dawned on me that they would chop down all of the trees to build the new bungalows, but that's exactly what they're doing:

wl%20plan_zps5pv4hbzd.jpg

I didn't  realize what a huge project this is- way bigger than what they did over at the Polynesian.

TCD

If people wanted "real" wilderness, they would stay at the fort.

To the majority of Disney visitors, wilderness is just plain dirty.

Maybe they will replace the stripped area with plastic trees and concrete covered in that chopped rubber matting they use in playgrounds.  Then every evening the cleaning faries came come out and hose the entire area down and make it neat and clean for the guests so they don't have to encounter dirt and nature!

Agreed 100%.

I am still amazed that there's that much of a market for DVC.

One of these days, they have to stop.

Let's hope this project is the last for a while.

TCD

I know, if I didn't know better I would swear Disney is starting to sound like a Multi-Level-Marketing Scheme where the last people in end up getting screwed....

At the very least they are devolving into a run of the mill Timeshare Company who is over-selling a limited product to too many people. With the result that when you go to use your weeks timeshare vacation, you're miserable because the pools overcrowded, the last people left a funny smell in the bedroom, and there is always a long line at the "free" breakfast for some soggy toast.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were building more "product" as fast as they were building new timeshares. In Disney's case they should be adding another park or two to handle the crowds, or building a whole new destination park to take the load off of Florida.

I know, if I didn't know better I would swear Disney is starting to sound like a Multi-Level-Marketing Scheme where the last people in end up getting screwed....

At the very least they are devolving into a run of the mill Timeshare Company who is over-selling a limited product to too many people. With the result that when you go to use your weeks timeshare vacation, you're miserable because the pools overcrowded, the last people left a funny smell in the bedroom, and there is always a long line at the "free" breakfast for some soggy toast.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were building more "product" as fast as they were building new timeshares. In Disney's case they should be adding another park or two to handle the crowds, or building a whole new destination park to take the load off of Florida.

Build one in Brazil, that would eliminate about 30% of the tourists during the off season here when it's summer down there.

Someone had mentioned around Texas.

But they still get snow and worse, tornados there.

I know Sea World in San Antonio closes for the winter mothers.

They need to expand the MK  with more rides/attractions and make another entrance to alleviate the crowds trying to get in the one main entrance.

Agreed 100%.

I am still amazed that there's that much of a market for DVC.

One of these days, they have to stop.

Let's hope this project is the last for a while.

TCD

I know two families from here in the Huntsville area that just bought in. One bought into the GF and the other into the Poly. The one who bought into the GF is wondering if they made a mistake. Her kids like going on the DCL cruises, but really don't care to be at WDW. They will probably end up renting out their points more than actually using them. The family that bought into the Poly goes fairly often (homeschool family) and they all enjoy WDW.

TCD

Money doesn't grow on trees so why would Disney care about wilderness? Bungalows on the otherhand must be cash machines or they would be building so many of them. Then again as I think about it to a lot of the visitors anyplace that isn't skyscrapers as far as the eye can see is "The Wilderness".

Money doesn't grow on trees so why would Disney care about wilderness? Bungalows on the otherhand must be cash machines or they would be building so many of them. Then again as I think about it to a lot of the visitors anyplace that isn't skyscrapers as far as the eye can see is "The Wilderness".

All true.

Plus, the rich folks in those bungalows will be looking across to the unspoiled side of Bay Lake.  They won't have to look at all the ugly shacks lined up on either side of them.

TCD