We probably won't see them again until Christmas - New Years week, but since there was a capacity closure at Magic Kingdom on July 4th, I figured it was a good time to update the page that outlines who does and doesn't get in when a closure happens.

You can check it out the Info page here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/theme-park-info/theme-park-capacity-closures-r272

For those new folks that might not be aware, the "Info" tab at the top is where we store lots of the info folks ask about most frequently.  The easiest way to dig around is to take a look at the Site Map page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

And as always, if anyone has any suggestions for new Info pages, please give a shout!

(FYI - I'm working on the "places to shop for stuff near WDW" page right now)

We probably won't see them again until Christmas - New Years week, but since there was a capacity closure at Magic Kingdom on July 4th, I figured it was a good time to update the page that outlines who does and doesn't get in when a closure happens.

You can check it out the Info page here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/theme-park-info/theme-park-capacity-closures-r272

For those new folks that might not be aware, the "Info" tab at the top is where we store lots of the info folks ask about most frequently.  The easiest way to dig around is to take a look at the Site Map page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

And as always, if anyone has any suggestions for new Info pages, please give a shout!

(FYI - I'm working on the "places to shop for stuff near WDW" page right now)

As always thanks for the hard work and keeping everyone updated.

Question,... Random:

MK single park tickets cost more than the other 3 parks right? So what do people do that pay for MK but are directed elsewhere when that park is at capacity? Do they offer a refund or do they basically say you snooze you loose?

We an AP's this year and will never go to Disney during any holiday bc we have no desire to be surrounded by THAT many people lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

For those that might be curious, here's how the holiday week has gone so far in terms of capacity closures at the theme parks...

Friday 12/25

Phase A closure at Magic Kingdom at 2pm

Phase B closure at Magic Kingdom at 5:30pm

Magic Kingdom reopens to all guests at 8pm

Monday 12/28

Phase B closure at Magic Kingdom at 12pm

An explanation of what each phase of closure means is on this page...

A little perspective on what these kinds of crowds are like, here are current wait times at Magic Kingdom:

Barnstormer 60 minutes

Big Thunder Mountain 110 minutes

Haunted Mansion 90 minutes

Pirates 110 minutes

Space Mountain 160 minutes

and the real kicker...

it's a small world 60 minutes

A little perspective on what these kinds of crowds are like, here are current wait times at Magic Kingdom:

Barnstormer 60 minutes

Pirates 110 minutes

and the real kicker...

It is those types of wait times that take the magic not to mention fun out of going to WDW. Of course from a Disney business perspective it is probably good. By having folks wait in line that long it limits the rides they can enjoy in one day thereby bumping up the sales of multi-day tickets. 

It is those types of wait times that take the magic not to mention fun out of going to WDW. Of course from a Disney business perspective it is probably good. By having folks wait in line that long it limits the rides they can enjoy in one day thereby bumping up the sales of multi-day tickets. 

And with the heat wave, ice cream and soda sales must be phenomenal.

I'm surprised they don't have rolling drink carts that go up and down the waiting lines selling soda and water and nice salty pretzels!

And with the heat wave, ice cream and soda sales must be phenomenal.

I'm surprised they don't have rolling drink carts that go up and down the waiting lines selling soda and water and nice salty pretzels!

Actually, I bet sudden cold snaps make them more money with expensive sweatshirt, jacket, and hat sales

Magic Kingdom reopened to all guests at 3pm.

Looks like they're still trying to manage rush hour traffic over by Hollywood Studios. There are reports that while the park was still open to everyone, they closed the parking lot at 4:15 and redirected people to park at Epcot.  However by 5:10, the parking lot was open again.

Barnstormer 60 minutes

Pirates 110 minutes

and the real kicker...

This year the Monday before thanksgiving had the same wait times. The place was a mad house. It was our last day in the parks and we left early.

Honestly the crowds haven't been any worse then we've seen them over other school breaks. Yes it's busy, but Epcot on Christmas was just about the emptiest I've ever seen it. I think they've done a decent job managing crowds and limiting the rush. We're at MK today though, we'll see how it goes!

Honestly the crowds haven't been any worse then we've seen them over other school breaks. Yes it's busy, but Epcot on Christmas was just about the emptiest I've ever seen it. I think they've done a decent job managing crowds and limiting the rush. We're at MK today though, we'll see how it goes!

I agree, I was expecting way worse. I haven't seen any worse than spring break. Maybe everyone stayed away this year.

I agree, I was expecting way worse. I haven't seen any worse than spring break. Maybe everyone stayed away this year.

Well that's good to hear, especially with all the talk of "record crowd levels" in the past month or so.

The week is still young, but honestly there have been other Christmas weeks in recent years where there were almost daily closures at MK.

Now New Year's Eve ... all bets are off.

According to Jen (who is there now and at Disney Springs today) they are telling people at Disney Springs that unless you are a Disney Guest or a passholder you cannot get on the MK bus and are checking MBs.

I didn't think DTD(Disney Springs) had buses to the parks??

Good point! I'll see if I can get more info from Jen.

We were at Disney Springs yesterday. When we were heading to get on the Fort Wilderness bus, we were asked if we were staying there. They said they were checking Magic Bands to all Magic Kingdom area resorts because the Magic Kingdom was at capacity.